F-ashbang

How many registered users are stil active?

First of all. This is not a complaining tread.

Im still a active player and love the game. I have lerned not to get atached to my gear, and have lerned to deal with the fact, that any minute some hacker might fuck up my quest to find whatever im looking for at that time.

Dayzteam and rocket can brag about having 1.2milion registered players on a alpha testing. But i cant help wonder. How many of those are still active? How many stop playing each day becouse of hackers? I have noticed, that more and more of the high pop servers i usualy play on gets more or less empty over the time. And im not talking about players switching servers. Since the servers im talking about are my main playground and i have stumbled over a great deal of good guys, im talking about players i have talked alot with actualy not logging on anymore. The last month, i have seen 12 servers going from a avg of 40+ players to between 1-5. I have also seen servers completly close down for good, becouse they no longer can handle the masive amount of complains they recive about hacking. Wil the standalone save this game? Wil it arive in time? Wil the standalone give us the bloodtransfusion so many players need? I guess we just have to wait and see.

Impossible to tell with the growing number of players using private hives where stats are not tracked.

• Like 4

I dupe myself 42 times on a server to make it look full. That way noone comes in because of expected hacking on high pop servers. Then i collect shiny things.

• Like 8

I dupe myself 42 times on a server to make it look full. That way noone comes in because of expected hacking on high pop servers. Then i collect shiny things.

Aahhhh, shiny noisy things^^ they are so shiny and wonderful:P

god dam private hives why dont people just be normal and if they want a server make sure there is a admin to actually admin it :)

I actually have been looking at the active users on the Forum over the last few weeks, it never really gets below 1k in the day time, 600-900 in the morning.

• Like 1

god dam private hives why dont people just be normal and if they want a server make sure there is a admin to actually admin it :)

Because many private hives have additional anti-cheat tools not available on the public hive resulting in very little cheating, duping removed entirely (including food duping), combat logging removed (log out timer), humanity fixed (doesn't reset), amongst other fixes/improvements and generally are a better experience because of it, I applaud you if you can safeguard your server to a similar level with the limited tools you have available, most can't.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

I actually have been looking at the active users on the Forum over the last few weeks, it never really gets below 1k in the day time, 600-900 in the morning.

1k out of posible 1200k is not really alot. And i do belive it was way more than 1k each day before.

There is still a huge player base. I shut down my public server a few weeks ago, and went private.

Private and a password is required. We have a constant player base that ranges from 20 to 40 depending on the time of day. Best group of people ever. No bullshit. I still mingle in the public servers, but I am just buying time until the stand alone comes out.

Edited by Wallberot

Because many private hives have additional anti-cheat tools not available on the public hive resulting in very little cheating, duping removed entirely (including food duping), combat logging removed, humanity fixed (doesn't reset), amongst other fixes and generally are a better experience because of them.

I agree

I played about 2 months on cherarus and was fed up to the teeth with all the antics on there + i got bored we had driven every vehicle, found all the good stuff, zombies arnt challenging, no end game or further potential etc etc

equates to bored i guess

So we play on Lingor now, active admins, friendly players (in chat), and just much better.

My only hope is that the devs take the rush to private hives seriously and make sure the game is bulletproof because if i buy the retail version and im getting blown in the air or teleported etc all the usual things i will just stop playing.

Which would be a shame as its a really good concept

• Like 1

I would love to be able to host my own privatehive server. But i dont have the gear or the internetconection to handle something like that. I guess you need a massive internet conection and some top of the line hardware to be able to do that.

How many of those are still active

Seven. Seven are still active.

Edited by fatherjohn

My only hope is that the devs take the rush to private hives seriously and make sure the game is bulletproof because if i buy the retail version and im getting blown in the air or teleported etc all the usual things i will just stop playing.

I fully support the private hive concept, as we don't have the resources to manage the central hive at its peak of usage. Now that usage of the central server has dropped considerably, we can handle the load. Private hives are much better for being able to focus our efforts on develop and not have to conduct database maintenance all the time. Ander et al have done a very commendable job trying to keep things running, and it has not been easy for them.

• Like 4

I fully support the private hive concept, as we don't have the resources to manage the central hive at its peak of usage. Now that usage of the central server has dropped considerably, we can handle the load. Private hives are much better for being able to focus our efforts on develop and not have to conduct database maintenance all the time. Ander et al have done a very commendable job trying to keep things running, and it has not been easy for them.

then why does it say this ? "Note: The use of private servers may be against the wishes of Rocket and the DayZ dev team."

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Lingor_Island

and you are saying this in change of reason now cause your game is dead? LOL! now u support it cause ur game is literally dying or dead at this point cause u dont realise bohemia sponsored you to attract all the attention to make them money and slave BE to ban and ban and ban to make them money. what happened? wheres your money? oh wait.... they used you and your dev team for actual OFFICIAL retail sales buying arma2 OA keys and combine ops which they didint need to and only needed OA only but hey they didint know that! they just needed u guys to make them so much money!

"Note: The use of private servers MAY be against the wishes of Rocket and the DayZ dev team."

1st- This is from a wiki.

2ed- Rocket himself just commented about him being okay with it.

3rd- Who the hell cares that it requires both games, this paved the way for the standalone.

3a- The more cash Bohemia makes, the more they can give to Rocket to make the standalone.

Also how the hell is this game dead? <_<

• Like 2

@keyboardcatSS

I think private hives are "supported" now because they can help developing the mod, as the official dayz team and staff doesnt have time and resources to do everything.

Now as people are setting up private hives and improving them, those changed could be used at "official" servers too. It has nothing to do with arma sales, and it doesnt mean that game/mod is dying if people are moving to private side.. infact it could be growing but it doesnt show so clearly. And private hives can be managed more by people that actually have time to do it.

And this helps the standalone development when they have less things to do with MOD.

Like rocket have stated that he may be opening up the mod officially when standalone comes out, so that the community can develop it freely. This "aproval" of private hives may just be start of that.

I think you just didnt want to understand rockets post, he clearly states everything in it..

Edited by Zeppa

Could you prettyplease make an official statment about this on your webpage, making it known for everyone. Enogh privatehives for everyone to be able to enjoy hacker free might be what the comunity needs. And as it is now, i think many are in doubt if they shoul risk it, since everyone seem to think that you are not ok with that.
  • Like 1

3a- The more cash Bohemia makes, the more they can give to Rocket to make the standalone.

Also how the hell is this game dead? <_<

LOL! are you blind? like a multi milion dollar company is going to give rocket any money to make dayz? the mod will obviously be under development under Bohemia and give Rocket some little cut of the pay but def wont make him in full charge. its how big moneymakers work, rocket stands nowhere big in the making of the new dayz, he wishes and probably all you fanboys do too but trust me they will make sure he gets a pay among his grade, thats why its called paygrades and his is wayy below anyone who actually is a higher up in Bohemia. The game isint dead? LOL! i dont know why you people are so blind to how many servers you refresh in your list compared to months ago! like common, put those pom poms away the cheerleading wont work neither if i do it haha. its called reality, and reality always sucks but im just stating the reality facts. sorry to spoil your beloved game, i mean i like dayz too and ive played it or else i wouldint be here, but im just trying to make the true but ugly facts here no one wants to realise, but me of course.

No point reasoning with you.

Every point you are arguing is answered in interviews and topics here on the forum..

then why does it say this ? "Note: The use of private servers may be against the wishes of Rocket and the DayZ dev team."

http://www.dayzwiki....i/Lingor_Island

and you are saying this in change of reason now cause your game is dead? LOL! now u support it cause ur game is literally dying or dead at this point cause u dont realise bohemia sponsored you to attract all the attention to make them money and slave BE to ban and ban and ban to make them money. what happened? wheres your money? oh wait.... they used you and your dev team for actual OFFICIAL retail sales buying arma2 OA keys and combine ops which they didint need to and only needed OA only but hey they didint know that! they just needed u guys to make them so much money!

I could spend my entire time doing interviews, making official statements (which makes me wonder, have I only been doing unofficial statements now?), or I could make the game and spend some time talking directly with users here, on reddit, and etc... Still, I've asked matt to make an "official" post about it.

Also, your conspiracy theory is awesome. Unfortunately, I don't receive money from ArmA2 sales, but it's the thought that counts.

• Like 6

@Keyboard. I suggested earlier that you go and read some more threads so that you could be better informed before you make any more posts. It seems you've struggled with that so here are some crayons to play with in the mean time.

Crayons_zps1cce798e.jpg

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 10

There's definitely gonna be less players than are registered but there's still a hell of a lot of players. Hacking hadnt really affected me until recently and now it seems every server I go on has hackers equipment or an actual hacker fucking my shit up. I stick to less popular servers but it'd be nice to be able to play on higher population servers without worrying about hackers. I like the game too much to just give up and stop playing there's a way around most of the faults you'll find.

@Keyboard. I suggested earlier that you go and read some more threads so that you could be better informed before you make any more posts. It seems you've struggled with that so here are some crayons to play with in the mean time.

Crayons_zps1cce798e.jpg

That was epic xD i havnt laught that hard in a long time. Well played sir:D