Caplock

Self-gutting animals. {Standalone maybe}

I think you should be able to gut animals yourself. Like, have a GUI of the animal, and you clIck and drag your mouse to cut it. Would add a little more realism to the game. Not sure how hard that would be to implement into the mod, or if its possible at all.

Leave your thoughts, i love reading them :D.

Edited by caplockmw2
  • Like 1

My expectations were not met. Quickly, suggest animals that gut themselves!

xD

Hello there

A blast from the past.

rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Bacon strips FTW!

But really keep minigames OUT Of dayz. Would be annoying to be gutting a ananimal then have some dude with a axe come up behind you and wack you to death.

I have thought about this kind of things but these kind of "mini-games" are the things that can lessen immersion quite easily. They can not only become repetitive, but also be nearly impossible to feel authentic. It would be like playing those surgery ipod games or whatever the hell they are. The first step to doing something like this would mean that you would have to program it so that all faults are possible and many outcomes can happen when gutting the animal. Otherwise it would be akin to playing a surgery game with a dotted line guiding your knife. Some of the difficult things about an action like this would be programming such precisions like cutting too deep down the gut and nicking an intestine, bladder, stomach, etc. and part of the meat being spoiled due to the spillage.

Just from that example alone, you can see many different specifics that would need to be met when making an action like this. Not only would one need to be careful with controlling the pressure and direction of their knife blade (or it would be a simple non-immersive click-and-drag), but they would also have to be able to make any type of cut when ridding of the membrane and connective tissue of the organs to dispel them. We can see how complex this could be to be totally authentic and not ruin the immersion. Not too mention the way the guts move around would have to be unique and different every time otherwise it would end up being "ok, cut this on the left, then that membrane on the right, then another one further to the right" over and over again, getting repetitive fast.

Now don't get me wrong, I am completely for the idea of doing something like this and would love to help contribute, being someone who does this myself, but I would just like to put forth the fact that in order to not fuck it up, alot of work and precision would have to be put into the activity to make it work with the "simulation" and not make it feel simply like a "game". It could extremely increase the authentism and fun of Dayz, but it would need to be very well made, even possibly being 90% of an update simply because of the work that should be put into it.

Edited by Spart248
  • Like 2

I would only appreciate this if there was a right and wrong way to do it. Doing it correctly would get you full meat, and doing it incorrectly would ruin the meat, just like busting open a bladder or liver in real life.

I would only appreciate this if there was a right and wrong way to do it. Doing it correctly would get you full meat, and doing it incorrectly would ruin the meat, just like busting open a bladder or liver in real life.

That is the exact issue that ruins authentism in the game. With so many different ways you could go about gutting an animal and all the outcomes that could come out of it, just making it a win or lose situation is laughably unrealistic and will ruin the immersion without a doubt. A very simple, primitive way to improve the situation you have would be (like in real life) depending on how large the cut is on the bladder, what angle the animal is on, and where the fluid from the bladder blows, certain areas of the animal would be spoiled and certain areas of meat would not be spoiled.

The idea of "right or wrong" or "win or lose" is the exact and utter opposite of what Dayz embodies. It is about all possible outcomes and how those can be achieved. Not only achieved, but created by the player themselves. The environment should not be tailored for the player, but rather the player should tailor how the environment acts. And with this said, the environment must have many different options and outcomes paired with many different actions in order to sell the effect as authentically as possible to the player.

I think you should be able to gut animals yourself. Like, have a GUI of the animal, and you clIck and drag your mouse to cut it. Would add a little more realism to the game. Not sure how hard that would be to implement into the mod, or if its possible at all.

Leave your thoughts, i love reading them :D.

You don't want to make a game that complicated. I know that it would only be a little move with your hand on the mouse but people just want to kill you pig and get out.

Agree with the above....this isn't trauma centre. Gutting an animal in DayZ is such a small part of the game, I think much more things should take priority like zombie AI animal AI, player behaviour etc. i still wonder why you have to cook meat in DayZ before you eat it? When your tryna survive a zombie apocalypse I think you would eat anything!

Agree with the above....this isn't trauma centre. Gutting an animal in DayZ is such a small part of the game, I think much more things should take priority like zombie AI animal AI, player behaviour etc. i still wonder why you have to cook meat in DayZ before you eat it? When your tryna survive a zombie apocalypse I think you would eat anything!

Go enjoy a whole raw hamburger, come back, let us know how it went.