Taiphoz

Ok I have had enough....

of people saying this , or that thing is un-realistic and should not be in the game, normally these claims are aimed at suggestions or dogs or hell once guy on a server said that eating beans without a can opener was bloody un realistic.

YOUR ALL MENTAL..

I am sick of it, these people throw this phrase around like its the mighty hammer of thor, a close the thread now hammer meant to shut people up.

YOUR WRONG.

After an Argument with a friend on how realistic the grass and tree's looked ( he said they should grow, the tree's and make them fall when you chop wood) o.O , I turned his attention to the fact that a little human can put three engines in his bag and pockets and his reply was simply , yeah but we need those for vehicle repair.

Well i guess since our players eat beans/drink soda they will need to take a shit hu. Imagen getting chased by zombies and suddenly something pops up saying

'NEED 2 POOP' lmao....

I like where this thread is going.

literacy-cat.jpg

Let's talk about cats now.

Edited by Chimonanthus

You are also Scottish so that may explain your grammar, oh and did i mention you are a C*NT! :P

that's mean

Edited by Mouselegs

oi don't fucking talk to him like that you little shit

I'll talk to him whatever way i want you tit, he is a member of Asylum the clan of which i am a member of!

Edited by Stunt_M()nkey
  • Like 1

This is just a game and u cant implement all the RL stuff in the game coz the game mechanics don’t allows it, i like dayz coz its kind of hard core game, and not some arcade like other games that are on the market...but searching for rl realism in the game is over expected, it just cant be done right now...once when we will have holorooms like in Star Track we can expect the realism (but honestly i am not sure that in holodeck i would be playing DayZ, more games like playboy mansion :))

To all grammar Nazis... try to understand that not all of us have learned English in school, some of us just learned it through life and experience.. second, try notice what is written and what the person wonted to share with us, not how its written. That person speeded his time and effort to share his thoughts with us, yes it is clumsy but don’t trash us just coz we don’t know English so good as u do..

...and knowing your native language so good that u can trash other people is not that big achievement in life, it is kind of normal...i know my native language perfect, and still never laugh on tourists in stores or cafés when they try to order something, usually offer my assistance and try to help..

It would be much constructive for all of us when u se some mistakes, just send us PM with how it should be and i will edit the txt and give you the credits, and u will have a new friend and someone that respects u like a person...

GL&HF

Edited by snowcrAsh42
  • Like 1

It's called an argument from authority or from popularity I think and most people use this so in a round about way equals to "I don't have an argument, all I have is my opinion but my opinion trumps yours because I'm a selfish cunt and I like things my way so fuck you and die"

You will find most people use this form of "argument" but the really sad thing is they don't actually realise they're doing it but, hey-ho :)

One thing that gets me is the reason some people defend the fact that you spawn without a weapon. Some people will say "Well not everyone is the owner of a gun and therefore wouldn't have one from the start."

But everyone knows how to repair, and then pilot a helicopter, right?

• Like 2

But everyone knows how to repair, and then pilot a helicopter, right?

Or fix a jammed firearm because that happens here -- right?

I'm looking for a little bit of escapism and it will have no effect on how I perceive reality. Barriers, people, barriers. Move out, draw fire. #abide

Why does everyone refer to it as a Zombie Apocalypse! no zombies in this mod! :rolleyes: :D

of people saying this , or that thing is un-realistic and should not be in the game, normally these claims are aimed at suggestions or dogs or hell once guy on a server said that eating beans without a can opener was bloody un realistic.

YOUR ALL MENTAL..

I am sick of it, these people throw this phrase around like its the mighty hammer of thor, a close the thread now hammer meant to shut people up.

YOUR WRONG.

After an Argument with a friend on how realistic the grass and tree's looked ( he said they should grow, the tree's and make them fall when you chop wood) o.O , I turned his attention to the fact that a little human can put three engines in his bag and pockets and his reply was simply , yeah but we need those for vehicle repair.

Come on, it's unrealistic to have dogs, but its ok to be able to carry three ENGINES god they use bloody car lifts to take them out in real life, so its unrealistic to eat beans with nothing to open them, but bloody hell feul tanks never run dry where is this unlimited fuel coming from.

All people are really saying when they use this phrase is that they personally dont like your idea, or the thing your talking about and would rather it not be in the game, its not NOTHING to do with it being realistic or not or they would be complaining about the fact you cant drink fresh water with your mouth when your knee deep in a fresh water pond, what can your character not bloody bend over and take a sip ?

My rant is now unrealistically over.

Hope you feel better now but you dont carry ENGINES, only engine parts... small difference but still a difference :)

cheers

I have to chime in on the grammar stuff, because it is quite hilarious.

Yes, it is your right to misspell and use horrific grammar. You can make as much excuses as you want about why you don't understand the grammar or why you will never make the effort to learn the grammar. I know the most popular excuse is "LOL I R NOT IN SKOOL, WHY MATTAR?". But, this thread is a perfect demonstration of why it matters. When you use poor spelling and grammar, your argument (regardless of its validity) comes off less strong and convincing. This applies to all facets of communication. If you want to be taken seriously, take the time to proofread your writing. You certainly don't have to, but be prepared for the thread/conversation to be derailed and your argument lost in a sea of "Oh god, learn to spell/write properly!" and "fuck you, grammar nazi!". I still haven't even read the OP's argument in full because my eyes wanted to leap out of my head after reading a few sentences deep.

In a previous job role of mine where I was responsible for hiring some folks, I would chuck resumes that had blatant grammar/spelling mistakes regardless of anything else. If they can't find the time to write properly, why should I take the time to read it and consider hiring them? A lot of people have this mentality. If you're posing the argument/point, be sure that you're communicating coherently.

"oh my god this isn't a resume, it's a post on a gaming forum"

Agreed. But that doesn't change how poor spelling/grammar makes ANY communication less convincing and seem more like someone mashing on a Fischer Price keyboard. You're taking the time to try and convince others of a viewpoint. Why not take a bit of extra time to write it correctly?

Go ahead and rage at me. I await the large scale misuse of their/they're/there, its/it's, your/you're, and so forth!

• Like 1

Yeah the realism argument, hey if you die ONCE in game, uninstall and never play it again, cos you just died.

Most games like this have to provide traits of realism without compromising core gameplay mechanics like inv space and the like.

I think as far as games go this has a pretty good balance between realism and gameplay.

Yes, it is your right to misspell and use horrific grammar. You can make as much excuses as you want about why you don't understand the grammar or why you will never make the effort to learn the grammar. I know the most popular excuse is "LOL I R NOT IN SKOOL, WHY MATTAR?". But, this thread is a perfect demonstration of why it matters. When you use poor spelling and grammar, your argument (regardless of its validity) comes off less strong and convincing. This applies to all facets of communication. If you want to be taken seriously, take the time to proofread your writing. You certainly don't have to, but be prepared for the thread/conversation to be derailed and your argument lost in a sea of "Oh god, learn to spell/write properly!" and "fuck you, grammar nazi!". I still haven't even read the OP's argument in full because my eyes wanted to leap out of my head after reading a few sentences deep.

In a previous job role of mine where I was responsible for hiring some folks, I would chuck resumes that had blatant grammar/spelling mistakes regardless of anything else. If they can't find the time to write properly, why should I take the time to read it and consider hiring them? A lot of people have this mentality. If you're posing the argument/point, be sure that you're communicating coherently.

WOW! just wow.....

Agreed. But that doesn't change how poor spelling/grammar makes ANY communication less convincing and seem more like someone mashing on a Fischer Price keyboard. You're taking the time to try and convince others of a viewpoint. Why not take a bit of extra time to write it correctly?

Go ahead and rage at me. I await the large scale misuse of their/they're/there, its/it's, your/you're, and so forth!

I'm sure that many millionaires who have had no formal education and therefore cannot spell etc would disagree with you.

Rage at you lol......why waste my time!

The whole idea of a zombie's running around is unrealistic.. Has that been lost on everyone nit-picking about trees?

The whole idea of a zombie's running around is unrealistic.. Has that been lost on everyone nit-picking about trees?

Zombie has become a catch-all phrase which yes, includes the "living dead", but also carriers of a mutated rabies virus, such as the rage virus in 28 Days Later. So, since these are infected zombies, it isn't quite so far out of the realm of plausibility.

Irony.

I'm sure that many millionaires who have had no formal education and therefore cannot spell etc would disagree with you.

Rage at you lol......why waste my time!

At no point did I imply you can't be rich and write like an idiot. In fact, I don't think anyone would ever try to make that point. But, I don't care how much money you have. If you write like a three year old, then I treat your opinions like that of a three year old. It's pretty funny you missed this basic concept.

I like how that's the only straw you could grasp at before dismissing me with "lol, not worth it" ;)

They are infected, not zombies, therefore running is 'realistic'.

Maybe the most unrealistic thing about the whole game is the fact that an endless stream of cap wearing survivors are continually washing up on the shores of the god forsaken place with just a torch, bandage and pack of painkillers each and then, despite all obviously all coming from the same wrecked ship, decide the best idea would be to run around the nearest city ignoring the flesh eating zombies and picking up canned food so they can find massive guns to finish each other off with.

Just a thought :P

• Like 2

I learn't the difference between 'your' and 'you're' and also 'there', 'they're' and 'their' in primary school. It is just easier to read things which are written properly.

If someone can learn to drive a car or a new job role, then relearning grammar shouldn't take long. Though I understand it is harder for some people.

OP has a good point though. I appreciate the realism and the challenge, but at the same time DayZ is a game and should be fun. Being able to have a dog, carry vehicle parts or sprint for ages add to that. :)