rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

Nice. Keep the mask as a "conscience indicator". Your proposal favours bandit buddies checking each other over loners who can't.

NO

Ive been shot in the back too many times to not kill others , fix the voice chat so that players can trust people again.

no

hearing humanity sounds is unrealistic and way to subtle. little gfx details wont work either.

by the time you are close enough to see face details you are already looting a corpse.

NO

I think a visual cue would work better, like some of the other suggestions.

Scars, blood stains or that red band idea.

Ive been shot in the back too many times to not kill others ' date=' fix the voice chat so that players can trust people again.

[/quote']

Um, it's fixed?

no

its probably just me but i cant stand all the extra sounds, like the panic system for example.

YES

great idea. Implementation sounds even better than the dreams I had about this. Maybe make it undetectable again after a lot of murders, because you become cold blooded?

Rocket, building on your suggestion, could there be a rare - and therefore highly sought - aid that helps a bandit to hide their guilt? Maybe they could have some form of drug that nullifies their anxiety and thus hides any outward guilt?

YES.

It won't save you from getting sniped, and it's not so obvious that you'd instantly shoot someone at close range. Better still, since you have no idea of your own humanity, as a bandit you'd be a bit nervous trying to dupe someone, knowing that they might be able to see through it. I like this idea a lot.

Rocket' date=' building on your suggestion, could there be a rare - and therefore highly sought - aid that helps a bandit to hide their guilt? Maybe they could have some form of drug that nullifies their anxiety and thus hides any outward guilt?

[/quote']

Interesting... could be something there. Too "cartoony" though? The heartbeat is bad enough (But visual cues not possible currently)

YES

Worth a try. Not the method I'd prefer. The change should try to incentivize players to be more cautious and not put themselves at risk as much.

MAYBE

I can't really see it making a difference to the shoot on sight playstyle we have at the moment.

YES

There needs to be a subtle way to help indicate the humanity of other players. Also, killing someone with very low humanity shouldn't lower your own humanity.

NO

wouldnt change KOS mentality at all imo

YES

Adds to the tension, much more subtile than crows above your head; i'd rather have nothing to sight "bandits" but between the two i prefer this herbeat thingy.

surprising YES from me

Co-worker with 6th sense for spotting weirdos said that the heartbeat would be similar to simulating the bad "gut" feeling.

Maybe add a random chance of heartbeat being incorrect (misread someone).

alternative suggestion:

different anim sets. more agressive / softer looking anims/idle etc. based on humanity. holding guns different, walking etc. should not affect player controls.

YES (to some)

Heartbeat sounds fine. Need GUI element for own humanity in order to gauge your own humanity (if you try to recover it, for instance).

Additional: Disable this on Veteran servers (or have a gauge on the reticle for non-Veteran servers if you want something less severe, etc)

----

YES

Would make the game more suspenseful and give the feeling of "Oh shit this guy can really push my shit in". I know if I heard the heartbeats I would have 2 thoughts: 1. This guy is just a griefer i.e. killing people on the shore. 2. He knows what he is doing and has great aim with a gun. I know this feature will make me nervous.

Yes (As long as you have the whole having to look at the character to hear the heartbeat)

Looking directly at the player to hear it is cool, but that may take too long to look at them and hear the heartbeat. Remember - it only takes a bullet or 2 from a Winchester to be put down.

NO

if you can hear a bandit's heartbeat, you're already dead.

waste of time, this feature will simply never be used.

NO/YES.

I prefer subtle visible variations, but not only for PK. Not auditive (bad hearing).