rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

YES

Worth a try, let's see how it works. Don't be afraid people, we can always revert back and find another idea.

YES

Sound effects are more subtle than visuals, and allows for more of a gradiant.

NO

It would give away your position if someone randomly looked at a bush you were hiding in. etc.

NO.

Not everyone is as awesome as Rick from The Walking Dead.

Why not add his Aim while we are at it? Auto Aim for all survivors?

NO.

Thats simply not true. I had at least 60% friendly encounters when bandit skins were enabled. Since they were disabled, 0%.

I agree though that super low humanity detection will not help with the average encounter.

I do agree, the ratio of friendly encounters when the bandit skin was enabled was 50/50 and since then its gone way down, the only time I have a friendly encounter is when I am in cherno or elektro with no weapon or they have no weapon otherwise BOOM good night even then I still get shot more times than not even unarmed

NO.

Not everyone is as awesome as Rick from The Walking Dead.

Why not add his Aim while we are at it? Auto Aim for all survivors?

NO.

we have that already, its called COD on an XBOX

No.

I like the idea but the use of skins and such was a better identifier. If you get to close to someone with super low morality you are already dead.

YES to this type of mechanic, unsure if this is what is needed.

I do think there needs to be more negatives for Player killing.

How would idenfiable survivors work, I have wondered? Eg a mechanic that makes players who have survied a long time without Player killing recognisable as trust worthy.

Edited by SeanOfTheDead

YES

I especially like how the person with low humanity doesn't have a counter to tell them they have low humanity. Just as in real life, you can't smell your own stink.

Consequences for murdering is against the spirit of the game, i'm more for facultative alternate skins for people with high values of humanity.

Yeah and that is a consequence to murder. If you murder you can't get that skin. IE Consequence.

Also nice use of "facultative" :D

Edited by Talon2000uk

No

As much as I like being a good player, there is no actual consequence for a player's choice.

Yes. but my character has the zombie face so i guess i have to change it. bummer...

If such a thing is to be done, have a way of both gaining and losing humanity so that one can be redeemed or fall from grace.

Who cares? If it was important for Rocket to post, then he obviously still hasn't got an idea yet what to do, it may jog his memory, I hope those rumors about a September release are not true considering all the other Issues let alone Humantity (That's not a spelling mistake)

Humanity is not a nice race, look at it from just DayZ.

No.

I think a skin-based system would work better. You'd have a split second to decide if are going to shoot that medic...

How is this different from bandit skins? You still have the problem of players being seen as bandits cause of self defense

Yes.

Even though its a necro :)

Edited by HanoverFist

YES

plus blood, scars and visuals would be great too. keep up the good ideas :)

(YES)

I would prefer a very subtle and short screen shake, simulating the cold shiver running down one's spine when looking directly at a person with very low humanity.

Maybe a slight change in color saturation and/or short moment of impaired hearing after your own heart "skips a beat".

Basically making it a subconscious help but also balancing it out by having a small disadvantage.

I only just realized a couple days ago what that heart beat sound actually means :/

A visual queue to simulate the eyes widening from the shock of seeing a bandit would help. Maybe the screen gets a tad brighter for a moment.