Ander (DayZ)

[DayZMod] The Dayz Statistics thread!

I agree that a heat map would take away from the experience of the game. But as this game is still in alpha we should debug it as much as we can.

It will be very interesting to see where most players go as it would tell a lot about how the mod is played.

I guess most players will be around the big cities on the coast. But we can not base game design on guesses, it needs to be based on facts.

Suggestion for Ander: You could make the heat map in different colors depending on time lived, bandits, etc.

Ex: Green color: Those who lived less then 3 hours. Yellow: those who lived 4-10 hours and red for those who lived 10+ hours.

Edit: Just got another crazy idea. You could export the database, removed all sensitive data like cd-keys and then publish it so that the community could make all kind of cool stats.

It has nothing to do with secret stashes or locations' date=' it's the principle of the thing that is the problem. It goes against the basic ethos of the Mod, it's supposed to be a hard-as-nails survival simulation, traveling the map to find areas by your own skill and judgement then learning where the best/worst places are, so where does a satellite view of other players movements fit into that? It doesn't, plain and simple.

And why do you want the map? So YOU can have fun? Stuff the community let's run riot? Pathetic attitude.

[/quote']

I agree.

So what happened with the PvP heatmap? That ever published?

Also, please never ever introduce a K/D ratio bullshit. I mean c'mon.

I gotta say I'm *against* the heat map.

I thought Rocket wanted to create a "survival simulator" sort of game not a "CoD deathmatch" sort of game.

Wasn't that one of the main reasons behind removing starting weapons ?

Yes , sure , people can form their own opinions about where they *think* others actually congregate - that's part of the game.

Having it handed to them on a map is not. (especially out of game)

This game was supposed to make people think for themselves , how does giving them the answers up front achieve this ?

I too would like to see Rocket's word on this - after all it's his MOD , I guess the final word rests with him...

Moving on...

I would like the ability to log into the website and call up my personal stats for me to see (current hours survived , current distance walked , longest life , total distance walked , # deaths....that sort of thing)

[MM]

• Like 2

I gotta say I'm *against* the heat map.

I thought Rocket wanted to create a "survival simulator" sort of game not a "CoD deathmatch" sort of game.

Wasn't that one of the main reasons behind removing starting weapons ?

Yes ' date=' sure , people can form their own opinions about where they *think* others actually congregate - that's part of the game.

Having it handed to them on a map is not. (especially out of game)

This game was supposed to make people think for themselves , how does giving them the answers up front achieve this ?

I too would like to see Rocket's word on this - after all it's his MOD , I guess the final word rests with him...

Moving on...

I would like the ability to log into the website and call up my personal stats for me to see (current hours survived , current distance walked , longest life , total distance walked , # deaths....that sort of thing)

[MM']

Its in alpha, to see where people hang out now, they can do think how they want to change things with this info.

So imo its perfectly ok right now, but nothing that should be updated at all after that ^^

Alright everyone. I'll be posting a bit of statistics gathered from database.

(I wont be posting the statistics already available on the main website or things we cant record at the moment)

For example:

After removing empty tents from servers (they will despawn after next server restart) there are currently 21952 total tents.

Current tents where the owner is still alive: 5747

Out of the 206511 players at the time of this post' date=' about 19% of the total players play as a female survivor.

The top 3 most commonly destroyed vehicles are the:

Ikarus (the bus)

Tractor

Bicycle

Ever wondered the kill/death ratio of your clan/corp/alliance/group? I can probably help you out with that.

Ask and be answered!

[/quote']

how do I find out my KD/R?:)

I've never seen anyone grief people with the threat of statistics before....

• Like 1

anyone wanting a K/D should keep a DiaryZ

Ander, what % of the player base are currently carrying the rarest items?

NVGs

Rangers

L85 TWS

?

which is more popular, the M107 or DMR?

what percent of players are carrying a melee primary, and how many who do so survive more than six hours in game?

and, if it's possible to determine, how many players use LMGs when they find them?

I ask because everyone in my tribe eschews LMGs, no matter the circumstance, but I adore my mk48

Ander there is a stat I would like to know, what is the longest surving character that is being played?

Not including those who create a character and don't play again ofc.

Ander there is a stat I would like to know' date=' what is the longest surving character that is being played?

Not including those who create a character and don't play again ofc.

[/quote']

that is viewable on the leader boards - http://www.dayzmod.com/leaderboards.php (when they are working)

Where is the stat telling me who is the Baddest Mother F*cker in Cherno? Also I'd like to see a stat showing me how many Pine trees I've hidden in...and how many times I've randomly broken my leg...and how about the stat showing me how long I've spent crouching in the darkness rocking back and forth crying like a little girl while too afraid to light a flare because a big bad ar*s bandito is lying in wait ready to snipe me.

What is, so to say, median of cans being eaten per minute, for example, during the EU peak time (around 8pm Germany time) ?

How many sniper rounds fired, how many hits?

Accuracy % with the sniper rifles.

See how bad we are at sniping collectively.

Be interesting to have a bandit/survivor heat map. Highlight the locations for the bandits one color and the survivors as another. Be interesting to see if there is a variance. I think I read that you were going to do the heat map based on the death of the player location...would also be interesting to see a heat map for PvP deaths vs Zombi deaths.

I'd like to know what percentage of vehicles, across all servers:

1. are still at their original spawn location

2. are still within the boundaries of the map

I think a heat map of were people are dying the mos would be pretty cool, give a threat level of some sort.

Statistics update:

Only 521 characters have a mountaindew in their inventory' date=' and 738 have one in their backpack.[/b']

wow I have found MD's Twice since I started this 2 months ago

hahahaha:P

I'd love to see a map that does cross sections of survival time/bandit %/average murders/etc by country or region. Especially after that interview, hearing about the difference between NZ and RU, this'd be pretty neat to watch.

I'd really like to know how many people are dying of starvation / thirst.

The mechanic is just fine btw, I'm just curious.