Ander (DayZ)

[DayZMod] The Dayz Statistics thread!

I often play as a hillbilly pacifist type and am eager to see some statistics on players like myself (if there actually are any) who have the least amount of kills over time. On the other hand, some data on the most kills for the least aged players would be good too.

Sidenote: As for heat maps, to be fair to those who want things to stay the same and those who want a change up, the heat map should be globally based. Specific players data would be locked for viewing to that player only. Should keep everyone happy. No?

I don't see why everyone is crying about heat maps. He's going to take the info from a bunch of servers/the main hive, and then turn it into colors on a map. It won't show exact positions and it won't show tents, vehicles, or current locations of players. The fact of the matter is, unless you have a giant clan and are operating the same camp site on multiple servers, it likely won't show up on the heat map that much. You have to remember that the map is made as an average, and isn't very precise either. It's going to be colored rings, not specific blobs that follow the exact path of a single player.

In fact, the heat map would help everyone. It's a bit of a mind fuck, but imagine this; You see your camp is in a heated location across all servers. You're going to move it away from that spot, and thanks to this map, you'll know where a nice cool spot is. But of course (unless the map updates instantly), there's a very small chance that survivors and people actually go through the cool spots on the right server to find you. If this is the situation, suck it up and actually stay close to a heated spot. If there was some hidden place close to Cherno, I would use that as my camp, just because it's less likely to be found.

Yeah, what every player needs in a brutal hardcore survival game is HELP! right?? Particularly you. You and all the other little whining tween and twenty somethings that want to turn this game in to a huge map CoD game.

A heatmap is the worst Idea I've ever heard for a game like this. Its even worse than all the hackers and DC'ers combined because it goes against everything this game is about. Discovery.

I wish there wasn't a REGULAR map online that shows loot spawns and city locations. It ruins the game. The game would be better if you didn't have a map until you found one. But little kids publish their maps so everyone doesn't HAVE to find a map. Exploit this exploit that and all you're left with is a whore that no one wants.

That's where this game is headed if they keep doing these things. And they'll keep doing them in the name of "accessibility". "We want our mod to be more accessible....

What that means is they took an awesome mod with so much potential, completely alienated 75% of their original player base so they could be "accessible" to more people, <read MAKE MORE MONEY>

Now that BI is involved in this game I hope we don't see more and more of this dumb garbage... heatmaps.... exploiters and hackers are the only douchebags that want these things.

Sure it makes "some" sense for the alpha because the developers would like to know what's popular and what's not, where players go and where they avoid, so they can make changes in the final release of the game. However, if the final release has the same basic layout as Chernarus.... then a heatmap can be used as a base for the final game also.

Alpha or no, this is a bad idea, guys.

Edited by Cinnabuns
  • Like 4

Back OT...

Ander, any chance you could provide the stats for the Top 10 (Current & Overall) Longest Survival Time Players, in terms of actual playing time, not real time?

Would love to go hunting down some of these players. :D

We are off peak now, please release the leaderboards + personal statistics. We have been waiting for months now.

• Like 1

Didn't go through all 26 pages :P So not sure if this was requested yet.

How about Average kill shot distance.

Longest kill shot distance.

On Zombies and on players.

Longest time alive.

Hi mates i made a facebook group of Day Z because there was no good one before and i was bored anyway. Feel free to like :))

www.facebook.com/DayZtheZombieSurvivalMod

Can you send me how many deaths I have from players vs deaths total ? Just interested in seeing the breakdown.

Hi mates i made a facebook group of Day Z because there was no good one before and i was bored anyway. Feel free to like :))

www.facebook.com/DayZtheZombieSurvivalMod

UFP has been out for a while now. maybe u need to learn to search facebook so you dont have to create a page that no one will like since theres a bunch already, with good content.

How many people have been killed by doors like i was the other night....

we have 1 of 9 playing in last 24h and life exp increased again..any comments? tents issues and bandit skin, this is why for me..

what percentage of players have quit playing the mod since the introduction of the graphics glitches. I noticed today in a few of the threads i read remarks about people leaving and some servers not being busy anymore so as a BIG FAN i was concerned if this was just people exagerating or not.

What weapon has the most Zombie kills, and what weapon has the most player kills?

as50/m1911

I'm not getting the logic behind people's reasons for not wanting a heatmap. (If you're not interested in the heatmap at all, feel free to ignore this post.)

-"It'd give people unfair advantages! They will see where people go and kill them!"

No, it won't. For the heatmap to be effectively used to kill someone, it would have to show:

1. If they are still there. You can't kill someone who died there, or who isn't logged in.

2. It would have to tell you when they went there. How do you tell the difference in a heat signature if 20 players passed through an area a month ago, and if 10 passed through a month ago and 10 are going there now? or 20 different players all at different times, which is what's going to happen? There isn't.

3. It would have to show you what server. Okay, by some miracle you might go to a quiet area that someone might be in. Are you really going to log into every server finding someone when you could just go to a place where you already know people are? No, that would be stupid and impractical.

4. There would still need to be a moderate amount of activity there anyway. For it to even register on a heatmap of give-or-take a million players, People will need to at least moderately pass through that area anyway, which hardly increases the amount of people picking that area to PvP because of the minimap.

5. It'd have to show what goes through there. The heatmap is only showing player locations. So nobody is going to single out an area because people happen to hide their vehicles there.

Given even only these five points, You can conclude that the odds of finding someone through a heatmap are smaller than the odds of hitting someone across the NW airfield. With a Makarov. And a broken leg.

-"But people will go to the quiet spots, and I'm camping in one!"

Once again, How many servers are there? What are the odds that someone is going to pick the exact same spot as you out of the hundreds of potential spots, and also be in the same server? Also take away the number of people who aren't immediately hostile because believe it or not they do exist, and you can easily assume that your hiding spot is not going to be any more obvious than it was before.

-"But it would ruin the fun of the game/the immersion/atmosphere for me!"

Then don't look at the heatmap.

If you don't want to know where people go out of interest, then don't know. But who are you to decide if everyone else wants to know? Most people wouldn't even factor in the knowledge provided by the heatmap when playing. I'm not going to remember that roughly 3% of players have passed along that small dirt path between Pustoshka and Rogovo recently. People already know not to go to the Airfield, Cherno/Elektro if they plan on avoiding players, and a heatmap wouldn't emphasise that at all.

-"But a hacker will use it to find people!"

Hackers can teleport themselves to you, and you to them. Why would they need a heatmap?

All in all, there are far more reasons FOR a Heatmap than against, purely because there are already much easier ways of finding people already, and you are not forced to look at it if you don't want to. As far as you're concerned, the heatmap doesn't even exist as it has zero impact on gameplay.

• Like 2

I am not much of a mathematics/statistics type but this is interesting nonetheless. However I was a major in economics for awhile in college and if we didn't have the problem with hackers and duping I would be really interested in the economics of the game, supply and demand, and how players place priorities on items vs. rarity. Like, for instance, we know that it is rumored the NVG/M4SD/DMR/Ghillie is probably one of the most used non-hacked load outs in the game.

Edited by Toastedzen

As Toastedzen correctly pointed out them damn hackers probably put a real dent in global statistics yeah?

To Rave VG and I guess others, I'm about to drop some fucking learning on you right here. A heatmap is a visual interpretation of a histogram. It telsl you how many people are in a unit area within a unit time (for example, 5 people per 25-by-25 meter square per 10-minute interval). Since it tells you the frequency of visits by players, any given space in the heatmap also gives you the probability of finding players in those areas at any given time. You can ratchet up or down the specificity of the heatmap data (or granularity, for a better term) by increasing or decreasing the size of the areas and lengths of time sampled. So a heatmap doesn't need to tell you where players actually are at a specific time to increase your odds of finding *a* player somewhere.

To the other points I've read, I doubt the heatmap would change much over time, especially now that people have been playing awhile. In the very beginning it probably would have changed as people were learning their way around Chernarus. I also doubt the heatmap changes much from server to server, unless admins are manipulating certain spawning mechanics like vehicle spawn locations, etc (I'm not even sure that's possible). Why? Because Chernarus and its reliable loot piles are static--they doesn't change. People, even players in a game, follow predictable paths when given certain information, rewards, and barriers. So my guess is you'd see hotspots in the towns (obviously) and also in channels, sort of like game trails in the forest or

, between towns and certain points of usefulness (like deerstands).

So I'd argue that if you think about it logically and intelligently, as you would need to in a real survival situation, you would already have a good idea of what the heatmap looks like and thus where the players tend to aggregate. Thus it doesn't seem to me that it belongs in the gameworld as the DayZ team has described it.

Not hatin. Just sayin. Hey DayZ team. Hire me. :P

• Like 4

You guys take this mod way too seriously.

Well if you dedicate yourself to a game (mod in this case) you can be as serious as you want, just because you don´t approve it dosen´t mean that someone else does and someone that enjoys the mod should be allowed to express their feelings about the game without people saying "ughh it´s Just a game man, relax" for some people games mean everything, i know it does for me atleast and when you find one you really like, you don´t want it to "Go down the wrong path" if you know what i mean ;)

• Like 6

How about these stats

1. Percentage of server's being hacked.

2. Highest time frame of server's being hacked.

3. Percentage of player's death due to hacking.

4. Percentage of server areas being hacked. (US,LA,DE,etc,etc)

5. Percentage of hackers getting banned.

6. Percentage of type's of hacker death's being afflicked on player's.

7. Percentage of time being devoted to the issue of hacker's.

8. Percentage of private server companie's being attack.

9. Percentage of server down time caused by hacking.

10 who's gives a hill of bean on who freaking drink what or where less skilled players like hanging around killing unarmed noob spawn's

Edited by Sleeper68
  • Like 3

can you tell us the grid which has the most deaths in it?

all the grid's around me due to hacker's.
  • Like 1