Ander (DayZ)

[DayZMod] The Dayz Statistics thread!

Why show bandits where people like to hangout? That makes no sense..

Make them work for their kills. Bandits, stop being lazy and go out there and hunt for your kills.

No its a terrible Idea, because it would show up all the common clan camp sites, then forming a decent size camp would be impossible!

but you don't have to say the name of server and it should be done taking the data from more than one server. i think it won't increase the number of raids they undergo

Is there some way of finding out if I was one of the first 50k players (Wanna be a hipster here).

I am sure most of theses have been mentioned before...but 13 pages thread....yeah i only got soo much time to read all the "I WANT A HEATMAP vs HEAT MAPS ARE FOR SUCKERS" so here we go.

Coke, Pepsi or water bottle, which is the drink of choice?

Beans, Frank and beans, pasta or sardines? Which do players prefer to carry with them?

Do female characters have a higher/longer life expectancy?

How many players are TK'ed by accidental friendly fire?

How many players are trying to impersonate Rocket? (IE calling themselves Rocket, Dean Hall, Dean "Rocket" H...etc etc)

How many servers are actually running the UTC they advertise in the server name?

How many servers resets the clock when you join/rejoin?

How many hours off a day, is a "owned" vehicle idle?

How many players have killed a zombie using empty cans/bottles?

How many servers are whitelisted on a daily average?

What is the temperature/state of your "hive server(s?)" components (is the CPU running at a constant 90C? etc etc and whatnots).

List people with a mountain dew: I need names, frequented server and location! I will turn bandit for a mountain dew (don't judge me).

i found a mountain dew and after i was almost killed by another player i drank it...mmm so tasty :-) i found it in polana supermarket..i usally carry bottles of water and meat, i killed a zombie with tins while unarmed fresh spawned...

How many guys within the DayZ team are working on this? I watched Rocket's talk at Rezz'd where he mentioned you're striving for a "dashboard" type of interface where you can view all your pertinent statistics, sounds like a big job!

Please don't spend anymore time trying to find pointless statistics for people in this thread. Use the time to develop the game instead. Thank you.

Please don't spend anymore time trying to find pointless statistics for people in this thread. Use the time to develop the game instead. Thank you.

Yeah! Too right. Spending a couple minutes writing an SQL query and connecting with the player community is going to totally derail the entire development process. Get your head in the game, guys!

:rolleyes:

I don't need a heat map to tell me that

1. Electro

2. Cherno

3. NE Airfield

4. Devils castle

are the top 4 hot spots.

There is already a heat map it's based on loot, players go where the loot is so if you want to avoid running into other players, bring a hunting knife, matches, a bottle of water and a hatchet.

This simple setup should help you avoid towns for months and other players! See how much fun you have in the woods alone.

• Like 1

How many guys within the DayZ team are working on this? I watched Rocket's talk at Rezz'd where he mentioned you're striving for a "dashboard" type of interface where you can view all your pertinent statistics, sounds like a big job!

There is 4 main web developers,

- Clayton: Talks the talk, dabbles a lot in different areas, helps code things, and manages everything

- Joe: Designs all the art, presentations, web designs and does pretty much all the CSS styling of the forums and website.

- Myself: I code all the site, and work on website tools as well as the future character profile stuff.

- Robert: Shoots down my awesome ideas :( lol he works server side and advises us when we want to do server<->site content.

A lot of the development is already way ahead, the issue is mainly the limitations of the mod right now as well as not wanting to cause stress on the hive, the whole team and I think pretty much all the players would much prefer a smoother game experience over a rough patch every night when we need to heavily query the database.

Creating things can brisk away quite nicely, but we are not prepared to take any risks with queries and cause any kind of hive stress right now plus there is lots of other things going on that the main developers address to allow us webbies better functionality :D

The main guys who work on the web stuff (Myself, Joe and Clayton) have zero development on the Mod/Game, much more skilled specific team members work on the game itself. The team is still small.

PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO THIS!!!!

PLAYERS HABITS/LOCATIONS/ETC MUST NEVER BE REVEALED, IT WILL BE A DISASTER.

THINK THIS THROUGH!

PS: sorry about the caps but this must be highlighted.

+1 i agree, the map would do more good to the bandits then it would do good for the actual survivors. a friendly survivor(as my self) survives only because being stealthy and taking safe routes that should not be spoiled.

I disagree that we shouldn't have heatmaps. Depending on how the heat map is generated, the entire map will show some level of heat. There is well over 50 servers, over 25k concurrent players, and over 100k in a day. This means that several 100k peoples data is going to be in there.

I do agree that displaying tents or vehicles on a heatmap is retarded. And you probably shouldn't show alive people.

If its by living locations:

A few people with their predicted set of movements would be impossible to discern.The chances of special spots being revealed is somewhat possible if you spend more than 50% of the time there with a ton of people. Large camps in unknown areas with large amounts of clan members could be displayed.

If its by human deaths:

No problem here unless you hold suicide parties in camps. If so... wtf anyways :/

If its by zombie deaths:

No problem unless zombies are nearby a camp? Probably not a good camp location if they are.

Edited by shinjuma
  • Like 3

How many bandits in the last 24H compared to survivors in the last 24H would be good to tell how many people have adopted the KOS mentality that are still "Active" with the game. Infact... it should be on the frontpage.

How many bandits in the last 24H compared to survivors in the last 24H would be good to tell how many people have adopted the KOS mentality that are still "Active" with the game. Infact... it should be on the frontpage.

There are 2,680 new bandit characters/day with 7,904 bandits being killed/day XD but your "humanity" carries over, new char doesnt mean you're a fresh non bandit. So its a little tough to track.

How many players join each day "In All"

You mean how many new unique players /day? that would be 16,295/day based on past 4 days. (13,729 since release)

• Like 1

If its by human deaths:

No problem here unless you hold suicide parties in camps. If so... wtf anyways :/

Made me lol, have my beans.

Some server statistics would be nice. Increase/decrease, (rejected) whitelisting, blacklisting, etc.

Edited by Reo

Average Zombie Kills Per Player

Average Murders Per Player

Average Bandit Kills Per Player

I don't need a heat map to tell me that

1. Electro

2. Cherno

3. NE Airfield

4. Devils castle

are the top 4 hot spots.

There is already a heat map it's based on loot, players go where the loot is so if you want to avoid running into other players, bring a hunting knife, matches, a bottle of water and a hatchet.

This simple setup should help you avoid towns for months and other players! See how much fun you have in the woods alone.

The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed....

Average Zombie Kills Per Player

Average Murders Per Player

Average Bandit Kills Per Player

Based on (4days):

New Chars: 1,781,875

Zombie Kills: 13,133,643

Human Kills: 281,908

Bandit Kills: 32,635

7.3 Zombie kills per character

0.15 Human kills per character

0.01 Bandit kills per character

• Like 3

I have a question that none of the devs can answer... What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

P.S. European and African

Edited by mattgil1
  • Like 6