Sign in to follow this  
Taiphoz

C130 Spawn Point.

I think the games spawning system needs a total change and I think I have the perfect idea.

When your player spawns, you should be able to pick one of the big 1000 meter grid squares, normally you would pick the one you think you might have died in.

When you then spawn into the game you find yourself in a C130 Plane flying toward to coast and land from the sea, your plan will fly over the grid square you picked , HOWEVER its your call as a player when you jump out, so for example if I picked the very top left grid square I might half way through the flight opt to bail out early.

Once you jump you parachute down, all the while as a player probably trying to keep an eye in the direction of your dead body or trying to look out for the people who might have killed you.

This system will keep the game flowing, and keep combat happening up north and through out the map, as people will not have 30 or 40 minute runs back to a fight, I and I am sure you all dont mind running around the map, but running from Kamenka to Berezino is almost game ending for some people, and even thought we all know the rule, its still a major issue that people WANT to get back to their bodies.

Anyway I hope this idea gets some serious thought, because at the moment spawning at the beach is broken, makes no sense with no boats near you and just feeds the endless run n gun play in cherno and elektro, which just feeds the snipers and end ups with us having even more tents around the cities.

I'm not sure I'm to privy to the idea of spawning in to where your dead body last was, because I sure wouldn't be happy if a player was parachuting down on me while I was looting him. However, What if you had to spawn so many grid squares away, plus maybe it would take about 10 minutes to travel from the coast to your destination via C130? I do like the idea of parachuting in, I just don't like the idea of a spawn you pick out. Sorry.

What?

So basically you want to make it EASIER to get back to your body and your loot?

When you die, your meant to loose your stuff. Being able to just select the "square" you died in kind of defeats the whole point of it being a survival game.

You die, but can then quite easily get back to your body by getting a plane to the square where you died? Yes i know you say parachute. But it's not going to take long until people learn how to judge when to bail out. So after people get used to the mechanic they will be back at the exact same place they died at within 5 minutes?? No thanks.

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 1

I like your idea but dont' think it will be aligned to devs vision of fear of dead and such. This (while it would be awesome to jump out of the plane and parachute down!) would mostly make permacharacter useless if you could just jump back to your body and hope that nobody looted it already. To sum it up great idea but for wrong game.

• Like 1

At which point in zombieapocalypse are you being thrown out of a plane in an infected area?

This is a SURVIVAL. Your are a SURVIVOR. You are no soldier.

I tihnk the spawning needs some variation from the coast. [To stop this whole Elektro Deathmatch / Cherno Deathmatch Mod. [As that's all this game is, now.']...

Your character is from POLAND! WOO! Gz, you ran in to this area from the North East.

Your character is from CHINA TOWN! Your character ran in from the North West.

I.E,

Specific spawns = no no, many suggest it, and it's silly...

You should be able to pick NE, NW, SE, SW, Though, in my opinion. - tis a pretty wide area to spawn, and adds variation.

Nah, choosing where you spawn is completely flawed for this game because of course everyone is going to spawn near the military loot locations. Best left that you need to work to get to those areas.

Who said your NOT a soldier how the hell do you know that, it sure does not tell you that at the start of the game and why does magically appearing at the beach sound better in a zombie appocolypse than being dropped out a plane, if it makes you feel better the plane could be low on fuel and about to crash.

As for the spawn point picking I really dont think you got what I was trying to say and you clearly have never used the parachute out of the chopper, its not something you can simply control down to your body, if you can only pick 1000 square meter locations then from a high height you would still have the potential to land easily 1500 meters from your body or worse further.

Not to mention the noise the plane would make, and the whole fact of you know, FALLING slowly down through the sky, if your daft enough to still be looting while hearing the plane and then not taking shots at the guy in a WHOPPING big parachute then you deserve to be shot in the back.

I am all for making the square larger say 3000 meter thats about from Cherno to Prigordik, and would easily be a 5-10 minute run back to your body depending on where you land and where your chute takes you.

That would be the risk of picking a drop point thats close to your dead self, the guy might shoot you out the sky, pick one further away and you have a longer run back, its all about trading some risk for some reward.

Right now spawning at the beach and being killed at NWAF is such a WHORE of a run that it kills it for a lot of people, and when we die why should we not care about our stuff when we worked hard to get it, hell never mind that why would you not want to get revenge on the guy that shot you, or on a deeper level your in a clan v clan situation up north and having a fucking hour long run ahead of you would destroy the whole battle faster than dropping a satchel at your feet.

Its easy to just shit on an idea without actually thinking about it a little first.

dude. all forms of society have crumbled, only individuals and small packs of survivors exist. you want a mission like drop off from a C130? I think you misunderstood dayz.

• Like 1

Spawning in a flying C130 is kinda unrealistic, the military is either infected or fled from chenarus, so there would be no air drops, and the whole spawning where you want defeats the object of mystery you get when you spawn in on the coast... how did you get there? did your boat run aground? where are you, those things.

I tihnk the spawning needs some variation from the coast. [To stop this whole Elektro Deathmatch / Cherno Deathmatch Mod. [As that's all this game is, now.']...

Are you really surprised that the two largest loot spots on the map (that also contain 4 OUT OF 5 HOSPITALS ON THE ENTIRE MAP!) are a hotspot for player activity?

So.. Who's driving this plane? This is unrealistic. This game is about surviving on the bare minimals of what you have, and jumping out of a C130 isn't very minimal. Who said you aren't a soldier? The game developers. There are no classes to choose from, no perks or advantages, the main objective is to stay alive.

I don't think this C130 idea is particularly usable, nor do I believe that you should have a choice of spawn (Only because of how easy it would be to loot your body if you could, which goes against the idea of losing everything when you die), but spreading the spawn locations across the map, as the OP suggests, is something that could improve the game significantly.

Perhaps it would be simpler to add a large number of spawn points along the entire border of the map, as well as the less populated areas within it. This would reduce the ability of end-game players to kill large numbers of fresh spawns by reducing their density. This would also reduce hoarding of limited vehicles (as people placing all their gear in tents, so that they can retrieve it all later if they die) in areas that are currently unvisited.

The current distribution of loot across the map may also be an issue,

Are you really surprised that the two largest loot spots on the map (that also contain 4 OUT OF 5 HOSPITALS ON THE ENTIRE MAP!) are a hotspot for player activity?

but that problem should be solved with the changed map that the devs are apparently working on.