chris p. bacon

Bandits look like heroes until you're 20 meters away

Now, I've changed many settings, including Visibility, object detail, just about everything, but bandits still look like heroes until you're within shooting range of a hatchet. I play on High graphics settings and use my desktop resolution (1920x1080p).

Does anyone else have this problem?

Just shoot anyone that moves and you won't have a problem

Sorry, I don't enjoy sticking large objects up my rectum as much as you do.

• Like 6

Is it really a problem? i'm full bandit.. i usually kill around 20 chaps per day.. since i shot at anyone/anything that moves, but most of the time i do NOT have the bandit skin. I just go to the hospital and i do like 10 transfusion to the same guy. Nor that i care much about the skin.. but the white hood makes me more visible, so i like to use my normal skin (blak) colour.

So your decision should be to trust or not trust a player based on his "skin".. you should decide from start if you want to shoot on sight or not. And here i have a tip for you: 90% of players shoots on sight, so good luck with your no-full-pvp idea. ;)

Is it really a problem? i'm full bandit.. i usually kill around 20 chaps per day.. since i shot at anyone/anything that moves, but most of the time i do NOT have the bandit skin. I just go to the hospital and i do like 10 transfusion to the same guy.

Good job exploiting the use of blood-bags, asshole. Play the game legitimately.

So your decision should be to trust or not trust a player based on his "skin".. you should decide from start if you want to shoot on sight or not. And here i have a tip for you: 90% of players shoots on sight, so good luck with your no-full-pvp idea. ;)

I've been shot by heroes less often than I have been shot by bandits. Might I have the source of this statistic? Oh, you made it up on the spot? Enjoy playing alone and killing everyone you meet.

Is it really a problem? i'm full bandit.. i usually kill around 20 chaps per day.. since i shot at anyone/anything that moves, but most of the time i do NOT have the bandit skin. I just go to the hospital and i do like 10 transfusion to the same guy. Nor that i care much about the skin.. but the white hood makes me more visible, so i like to use my normal skin (blak) colour.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Imafighter
  • Like 2

There are some people who simply shouldn't be playing this game. They should be playing CoD instead. This game is not about killing others just for the fun of it.

And i believe there is still hope. Unlike the guy up there that said 90% of the people KoS, i have met many many people of whom i passed by, said hi, and moved along. More than 50% I would say. Not to mention a guy who gave me a bus yesterday! So there is still hope!

Now, I've changed many settings, including Visibility, object detail, just about everything, but bandits still look like heroes until you're within shooting range of a hatchet. I play on High graphics settings and use my desktop resolution (1920x1080p).

Does anyone else have this problem?

No, this does not reflect my experience at all. You know holding right mouse zooms in slightly yes?

Edited by puppetworx

No, this does not reflect my experience at all. You know holding right mouse zooms in slightly yes?

I am almost constantly zooming in on things. It really doesn't help much for identifying players most of the time.

Good job exploiting the use of blood-bags, asshole. Play the game legitimately.

I'm not exploiting anything, turn your brain on and read again what i wrote.

It's not that offending other persons on the forum, is gonna increase your brain mass.

I've been shot by heroes less often than I have been shot by bandits. Might I have the source of this statistic? Oh, you made it up on the spot? Enjoy playing alone and killing everyone you meet.

I never play alone, i play in team .. so we can easily spot those chaps like you and laugh at their chat rage after we have sniped em 1000 meters away.

I'm not exploiting anything, turn your brain on and read again what i wrote.

You're exploiting blood-bags. Giving someone a blood-transfusion, damaging them, then doing it again, is exploiting.

There are some people who simply shouldn't be playing this game. They should be playing CoD instead. This game is not about killing others just for the fun of it.

thats odd, on the websites front page it says "This is dayz, This is your story"

doesnt say this is dayz, where u do what we say, play how we say, act how we tell you do and dont have a single ounce of freedom.

do you play need for speed and berate other racers who bump and shunt there way to the front? surely your not suppose to slam your rather expensive bugatti into cop cars, after all the winnings wouldnt cover the cost of the car repair/replacement,

its an open world game with pvp possibilities for a reason, if you dont want that may I suggest you navigate to

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache

and load one of those saves, (double clicking it should do) so u can play dayz by urself and not die to others.

Edited by Skrewy

Sorry, I don't enjoy sticking large objects up my rectum as much as you do.

Hey if you want to run around playing pattycake with people, then you have to live with the consequences when it turns out you're in DayZ and not Happy Chernarus Chatroom Funtime.

Killing everything that moves is a legit survival strategy. It may not be the most effective one... but it's a hell of a lot more effective than doing stupid crap like shouting friendly at everyone you see, or sneaking up on people and pointing guns at them to "make sure they're friendly".

I do not kill everyone on sight. But if you run up to me and shout "friendly!" or start nattering about random nonsense I'm going to shoot you in the face. I'll do it because you're either an idiot (and idiots get people killed) or lying to set me up. There is no reason for me to talk to you. I have no interest in helping you because there's nothing in it for me. You have nothing I want, you can't do anything for me that I can't do for myself better, and I have no more interest in talking to random idiots in DayZ than I do in real life. If I want to talk about rainbows and unicorns and happy funtime BS, I'll go down to the local college and talk to the poli-sci majors.

People who are competent enough to either not need the help of others and/or to show up with friends in the first place simply have no need to associate with booger eaters in Chero.

Note that none of this is even remotely KOS. If I see someone and they see me, and we both clearly want to un-ass the area and not bother each other, fine.

This is also, btw, why servers should have a Rocket-approved option to turn on text sidechat. I have no problem talking to people in a non-immediate context. There is a big difference between friendly banter in a side channel and someone trying to do it in your face while you're trying to steal beans and figure out if they want to make you into a hat. You the person is not necessarily you the survivor.

Edited by Just a Goat
  • Like 1

Been shot by more default skinned players than bandits, and never seen another hero on the servers I play on (more that i hang around bad places than being the only one I'm sure). Just treat everyone as a threat and that may or may not mean shooting them.

You're exploiting blood-bags. Giving someone a blood-transfusion, damaging them, then doing it again, is exploiting.

Can you point me where i wrote that i'm "damaging" them?

Oh.. right.. you're guessing, so i invite you to turn your brain on.. again.

Why does it seem that every thread asking a legitimate question always seem to turn into a pissing contest?

Chris, no i have never had this issue. Would say try re-install or something along them lines. Never heard of such an issue

Does the option to give one still appear even if they have 100% blood? legit question..

but anyway..i guess because your such a bad ass you must basically camp at hospitals

You can't give someone a blood transfusion if they have 12,000 blood. Giving someone a blood transfusion gives them 12,000 blood. How is it possible to give 10 blood transfusions to the same person?

Hey if you want to run around playing pattycake with people, then you have to live with the consequences when it turns out you're in DayZ and not Happy Chernarus Chatroom Funtime.

Killing everything that moves is a legit survival strategy. It may not be the most effective one... but it's a hell of a lot more effective than doing stupid crap like shouting friendly at everyone you see, or sneaking up on people and pointing guns at them to "make sure they're friendly".

I do not kill everyone on sight. But if you run up to me and shout "friendly!" or start nattering about random nonsense I'm going to shoot you in the face. I'll do it because you're either an idiot (and idiots get people killed) or lying to set me up. There is no reason for me to talk to you. I have no interest in helping you because there's nothing in it for me. You have nothing I want, you can't do anything for me that I can't do for myself better, and I have no more interest in talking to random idiots in DayZ than I do in real life. If I want to talk about rainbows and unicorns and happy funtime BS, I'll go down to the local college and talk to the poli-sci majors.

People who are competent enough to either not need the help of others and/or to show up with friends in the first place simply have no need to associate with booger eaters in Chero.

Note that none of this is even remotely KOS. If I see someone and they see me, and we both clearly want to un-ass the area and not bother each other, fine.

This is also, btw, why servers should have a Rocket-approved option to turn on text sidechat. I have no problem talking to people in a non-immediate context. There is a big difference between friendly banter in a side channel and someone trying to do it in your face while you're trying to steal beans and figure out if they want to make you into a hat. You the person is not necessarily you the survivor.

You're making a lot of assumptions about my behavior in-game. Generally I don't kill heroes, I keep my eyes on survivors, and I kill bandits. If I'm in a city, it is not to make friends, it is because I needed something. If I happen to meet someone who wants to be my friend, I get a blood transfusion and so do they. Simply put I try to keep my humanity on the positive side. It is a pleasant experience to meet someone and not be shot on sight, something the bandit skin almost always restricts. I don't know how you can call killing on sight to be a legitimate gaming style when an entirely separate side of the game, the social aspect, is ignored.

While I don't share the exact same issue, or atleast I don't think I do, I have an issue of the character skins not being "crisp clear". It's as if the characters have the resolution they should have if they're on long range, yet even my own Hero skin looks pretty low res. My 3D Resolution match up with my normal resolution aswell, so it's not there. Although, a Shemagh on the head is usually a dead give away for me, and I kill without remorse even if they are unarmed and freshly spawned. I stay away from Survivors if I'm alone, and I've actually never met a live Hero beside myself yet.

You can't give someone a blood transfusion if they have 12,000 blood. Giving someone a blood transfusion gives them 12,000 blood. How is it possible to give 10 blood transfusions to the same person?

Maybe that person loves to fraternize with the zeds...? If he tries 10 times and he wants 10 transfusions.. hey im here!

I kill everything bandits,survivors, animals (even if i don't need meat) i wish i could kill more plants though i'd like to cut down some forest with my hatchet.......:(

And i believe there is still hope. Unlike the guy up there that said 90% of the people KoS, i have met many many people of whom i passed by, said hi, and moved along. More than 50% I would say. Not to mention a guy who gave me a bus yesterday! So there is still hope!

This game is a sandbox game, therefore one can play however the fuck he wants [legitimately, of course]. No player should control another's play style.

• Like 1

OP posts QQ thread about bandit skins not showing.

Someone posts obvious "shoot everyone on site".

OP describes an activity he seems rather fond of.

Bandit posts obvious 'tactic' most people use.

OP complains that someone uses brain cells.

OP's location "sniping noobs lol".

I think the solution is obvious to everyone here except you.

Shoot yourself.

Wow, and just a few more posts down, this beautiful gem of a post? You don't find people this clueless very often.

Still not sure?

1. Obtain bloodbags.

2. Shoot friend with sidearm.

3. Bloodbag friend.

4. If friend is bleeding, wait til <12,000 blood, bloodbag again.

5. If not bleeding, repeat from 2.

6. When out of bags, bandage friend and go kill clueless kids.