Puffy

This is a SIMULATION, not a GAME.

Hardcore Realism?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Hardcore Realism?

• SIMULATION, YES.
    • GAME, NO.

fuckin get over it!!! Its just a freakin game and I want to play a game... if will want to simulate apocalypse I will have a walk in Brum about 3am when chavs are on their best...

• Like 2

They should take out anything remotely unrealistic. Besides the Infected, they're sort of the game...

How are 'the infected' - who are actually zombies, call them what they are- realistic. Yes they do make the game, but you can't take everything out of the game to make it as real as possible. If they would remove all the things that are not realistic, they would lose ALOT of players I think.

It's a game, not a simulator. Arma is more or less a simulator, but dayz is a mod/game.

Some people don't like the shaking of the camera when they are proned, that's when the 3rd person view comes in handy

Edited by quinnn

How are 'the infected' - who are actually zombies, call them what they are- realistic.

Not zombies. Just throwing that out there. Zombies decompose, don't die when you hit them in the body, shouldn't physically be able to run as fast as a living human, and don't bash people. Zombies, want to bite and such.

OMG are you all mad this is a simulation why else would I ba able to cary a handful of ENGINES and ROTTER ASSEMBLIES plus guns tools toolbox ............

Oh did I mention I am the worlds strongest man and have very big bag?

A simulation is a game.

Not if it's to simulate potential structural imperfections within a design..... Ok, i'll shut the fuck up & stop being a gimp :)

This is meant to be ultra-realistic. You shouldn't get third person because you can't have a camera behind you in real life. I do however think that you should get a wider FOV in first person. There aren't going to be any perks, there aren't going to be any "safe zones," there aren't going to be any "currencies." It's a fucking total collapse of all social order and structuring. When a social collapse happens, you think shit is gonna pull itself together? Yea, eventually. But this is set when the zombies are still roaming and there hasn't been time for a monetary system or safe-zones. Sure, if a group of players set up a no-fire zone around Berezino, good for them, that's fucking amazing actually. But they shouldn't implement a no-fire spawn zone, because imagine you wake up on a beach with nothing, and some psychotic human killer runs up with a hatchet. You don't get spawn protection because in the REAL world, you wouldn't get wake-up protection. You don't get special perks for playing a different way because in the REAL world you would still be able to run the same speed and get hit by bullets exactly the same as everyone else. Jesus people, this is a SIMULATION, not a GAME. You play for hardcore realism or you go get WarZ.

EDIT: Sorry for bad grammar, it's late.

EDIT2: Inb4 YOU DON'T HAS TO PLAY WITH 3rd person!!!11! I know that. I'm saying that this is a simulation and is meant to be a hyper-realistic event. Therefore, 3rd person should be removed as it is not something possible in real life.

is this a suggesstion thread or a poll? Are you asking if we should remove third person altogether, or are you simply asking if this is a sim?

Options are good. Trying to force your opinion on how people should play a game is a bit pathetic, imo.

Also I'm pretty sure you've just made up that DayZ is supposed to be ultra realistic. I've seen "sandbox game" said a few times, though.

Also zombies should be able to run inside buildings. This game isnt about zombies anymore because it's so easy to lose them w/o needing to shoot

Okay, then let's just remove loot all together, because the common barn in real life doesn't have a winchester, can of fuel, and 3 axes just laying around.

Yep 3rd person needs to be removed for realism. Beans for you!. The biggest problem with yhird person view is being able to see to much when prone for example. Maybe a peak up animation needs to be added when prone for first person view to be more useable.

Ultra realistic simulation = it won't sell much.

Game = it sells alot more (more arcade it is.. more it will sell because of the casual gamers; one example: CoD).

Unless BIS going crazy, DayZ will never be a simulation. It doesn't count what you(we) want, neither if a bunch of hardcore gamers are making petition and polls, they will be ignored: money is what it counts. Accept the situation and stop dreaming.. or you would be disappointed when/if DayZ (the game) will be out.

I already do. I'm saying that this is a HYPER REALISTIC SIMULATION. They should take out anything remotely unrealistic. Besides the Infected, they're sort of the game...

If it were truly and entirely realistic it would suck enormous dick. Nobody really wants to live in a scenario like this, I know I don't. Besides, it's a game, you can never be 100% real to life.

• Like 1

I already do. I'm saying that this is a HYPER REALISTIC SIMULATION. They should take out anything remotely unrealistic. Besides the Infected, they're sort of the game...

the reason why the game is a HYPER REALISTIC SIMULATION is because you choose to play it that way. realistically, it's a SANDBOX GAME where each player chooses to play it his or her own way...

people play different ways, servers accommodate to those player preferences. to eliminate choices equates to eliminating player base, especially if people already had those choices originally. while some could care less, the devs and BI (who want to make money) most certainly will.

but if were talking hyper realistic simulation, then we should eliminate even more choices. you should not be able to choose your gender. you should have a statistically, proportional chance of spawning in with a weight problem and thus being slower, naturally. you also could be spawned in blind or deaf, need glasses, have a physical deformity such as no limbs etc..., or more prone to sickness due to genetics...

then how bout you need to stay logged in to sleep for 4-8 hours a day, and you have to make poops 1-2 times daily. if you're a female then you menstrate once a month which could attract zombies....

dude, it's a game. yes, its a simulation, but it's a game first (although, I do admire your enthusiasm).

It's a game that requires you to survive in a zombie apocalypse using real-life simulation of the environment, health, physics and relationships. Just FYI, zombies aren't real so this can't be a hardcore realistic simulation.

It's not a game, it's not a simulator, it's an anti-game for people who something different, and who want to feel real emotion in a game. Read the Rocket said forum.

I do believe when people act a bit as if they would in real life, that is does breath a lot of fresh air into the game. Unfortunately people will keep meta-gaming and playing the game as a deathmatch because it is how they interpret being a gamer. Some people just can't see a game as anything more than something to be exploited for everything it is worth.

• Like 2

It's not a game, it's not a simulator, it's an anti-game for people who something different, and who want to feel real emotion in a game. Read the Rocket said forum.

There's nothing different than other FPS tho.. oh well there is something: it's pretty boring to repeat always the same thing, that is collect weapons to continue your death-match anytime you die.

Initially we were attracted by the "zombies" (they always capture the interest), and the dream of having a "zombie apocalypse simulator", but unfortunately soon after we realized the obvious: this is a game, and we're videogamer (most of us are casual players).

In fact after the initial "exploit", more and more players are leaving (look at the server list today, they are less than before and most empty, when before you were used to "fight" to find place)... DayZ today is: another FPS (deathmatch) with thousands cheaters; i'm not sure how long ppl (including me) will continue with this... what i know is that our group reduced from 20 regulars to just a 4-5.

There's nothing different than other FPS tho.. oh well there is something: it's pretty boring to repeat always the same thing, that is collect weapons to continue your death-match anytime you die.

Initially we were attracted by the "zombies" (they always capture the interest), and the dream of having a "zombie apocalypse simulator", but unfortunately soon after we realized the obvious: this is a game, and we're videogamer (most of us are casual players).

In fact after the initial "exploit", more and more players are leaving (look at the server list today, they are less than before and most empty, when before you were used to "fight" to find place)... DayZ today is: another FPS (deathmatch) with thousands cheaters; i'm not sure how long ppl (including me) will continue with this... what i know is that our group reduced from 20 regulars to just a 4-5.

Uh, dude, it's alpha. They can't fix those bugs until the standalone. Again, read the Rocket said forum.

Removing third person from all servers is just asinine. Don't like third person? Play on a server without it.

Pretty simple.

I think there should be more food in the game because in remote houses there could be a weeks supply of food and hunting knifes should be useable as a secondary weapon for close combat and an indicator for when. Zombies or people are. Within an earshot of you so you can tell they are behind you and a close combat button for when they are running round you so you can't shoot/kill them when in real life you could knife them hatchet them or pistol shoot them without aiming

No. What they need to do is decrease all loot spawns.

Hello all

Dayz is based on a simulation. It is now a game.

More realistic than most but still a game. I think there should be a choice when it comes to what is turned on/off. If a server is 3rd person, then I wont play there.

Give SA's the choice so everyone can find a server that suits them.

rdgs

LoK

This whole thread will be corrupted by the people who can't handle giving up their precious third person view. Any discussion about realism or simulation goes out the window because they get their jimmies rustled every time someone suggests removing 3rd person view. They'll complain about field of view, situational awareness, and anything else that will make it look like they actually care about hardcore realism, when in actuality they're just doing anything in their power to protect their way of playing DayZ. I wish they'd just admit it was unrealistic, but they prefer it that way, rather than trying to win these arguments and save face. /rant

I started a thread a while back about helping people use first person better, it led to a lot of 3rd person discussion. If anyone wants to check it out... http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/74438-people-who-play-3rd-person/