wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

Had some really nice evenings on this server. Been playing just about every night since being whitelisted. Me and my buddy tend to keep to ourselves but have spotted quite many people while traveling the countryside.

A couple of suggestions:

• Is it possible to set the global channel to text only? Sneaking around the forest and suddenly having someone yelling in your ear can be a bit irritating. Especially if the guy speaking is on the other side of the map. (I would rather have the global channel turned off completely, but this would be an ok compromise)
  • Would it be possible set up a forum somewhere for the server? With a private server there will probably be a need for after action reports, letting of some steam :) and just general talk.
  • Could the server be set up so that it changes timezone, say every third week or something? Would be nice to have some night time playing once in a while (or for the players from the other side of the world to have some day time).

Thanks for a nice server!

Ijon Tichy

Edited by Resident Emil

Just back from my weeks holiday in sunny Greece! Thanks to Mr Jack for doing a great job.

See you on the server

Mac

Edited by wireworld

Had some really nice evenings on this server. Been playing just about every night since being whitelisted. Me and my buddy tend to keep to ourselves but have spotted quite many people while traveling the countryside.

A couple of suggestions:

• Is it possible to set the global channel to text only? Sneaking around the forest and suddenly having someone yelling in your ear can be a bit irritating. Especially if the guy speaking is on the other side of the map. (I would rather have the global channel turned off completely, but this would be an ok compromise)
  • Would it be possible set up a forum somewhere for the server? With a private server there will probably be a need for after action reports, letting of some steam :) and just general talk.
  • Could the server be set up so that it changes timezone, say every third week or something? Would be nice to have some night time playing once in a while (or for the players from the other side of the world to have some day time).

Thanks for a nice server!

Ijon Tichy

I'll look into the global channel text only thing, maybe we should turn it off at weekends?

Forum is up, look at my last post...

I'd like some night play too, I'll sort it tonight.. maybe dark at 10pm GMT?

Kind regards

Mac

Server update:

I've doubled the amount of vehicles, now 24, due to popular demand!

Kind regards

Mac

I'll look into the global channel text only thing, maybe we should turn it off at weekends?

Forum is up, look at my last post...

I'd like some night play too, I'll sort it tonight.. maybe dark at 10pm GMT?

Kind regards

Mac

Great!

Will check out the forum. Global channel off fri-sun would be a nice compromise.

Br,

Ijon

Out of interest, do you have a pvt forum for your server? Seems interesting and my group may be interested in joining.

A little more info would also be nice such as do you have custom vehicles? If so which ones? Whats the re-spawn timer on destroyed vehicles? Do you have choppers enabled (preferably not)?

Also... a VERY VERY important thing is how often does your server reboot and is it at the admins discretion, every 4hrs, every 6hrs ect ect.

Edited by GenDodo

Hi GenDodo,

Server is rebooted at least once a day, (every 6 hours now)

We have choppers enabled, default vehicle respawn times...

Oh yes, a great player base too.

Hope this helps

Mac

Wireworld Game Studio, Cafe & Bar

Edited by wireworld

Ok thanks, I think we'll pass since in our opinion the "at least once a day" reboot schedule simply doesn't cut it.

Ok thanks, I think we'll pass since in our opinion the "at least once a day" reboot schedule simply doesn't cut it.

Np,

I'll add an auto server reboot system this week - always glad of the input!

Mac

Wireworld Server news:

Auto restart every 6 hours has been added to the server, you get a 10, 5 then 1 min warning before the restart.

Mac

Server News:

Over 60 players whitelisted so far, with an average of 10 - 25 players on most of the time. Server is auto restarting every 6 hours and running very stable, very few glitches reported so far!

Come and give us a try, lone wolves & clans very welcome too!

See you on the server

Mac

Wireworld Game Studio, Cafe and Bar

Google us!

This server is awesome, great bunch of people. We could use a few more good players to make Chernarus a bit more dangerous...

• Like 1

This server is awesome, great bunch of people. We could use a few more good players to make Chernarus a bit more dangerous...

Thanks for the kind words Mr Jack!

Hia, as many others i've been fed up with the hackers nowdays and it's simply out of control, so im looking around for a good private hive, this one caught my attention since it's a good timezone, anti alt f4 and some extra vehicles sounds kinda appealing

Will "join" the server today and get your email and send an application, just an little headsup :)

Hia, as many others i've been fed up with the hackers nowdays and it's simply out of control, so im looking around for a good private hive, this one caught my attention since it's a good timezone, anti alt f4 and some extra vehicles sounds kinda appealing

Will "join" the server today and get your email and send an application, just an little headsup :)

Cheers Mike, I'll keep an eye out for you and Add you to the whitelist.

See you on the server soon

Mac

Hey guys.

Ive not been playing DayZ for too long, but I'm really getting into it. I've been playing on a different private server, but its american, and every time I play its pitch black. Id love to get whitelisted on yours.

Im 25, in game name is PapaCaldwell

Look forward to hearing back

PapaC

Hey guys.

Ive not been playing DayZ for too long, but I'm really getting into it. I've been playing on a different private server, but its american, and every time I play its pitch black. Id love to get whitelisted on yours.

Im 25, in game name is PapaCaldwell

Look forward to hearing back

PapaC

Hi PapaC

Please connect to the server and get kicked by the whitelist program. It will show you my emai address. Once you've done that mail me your in game name, and anything else you feel like adding add you to the whitelist.

Kind regards and welcome to Wireworld DayZ. The way it was meant to be played!

Mac

Evening,

I was browsing hive servers looking for something appropriate for what I'm after and stumbled upon this one.

Didn't initially realise you guys were after over 25's and dropped Mac an email requesting a whitelisting and got pointed in this direction.

I'm actually 23 from York, England so not quite in the age bracket but thought it worth putting myself forward anyway.

Cheers,

Chris.

Evening,

I was browsing hive servers looking for something appropriate for what I'm after and stumbled upon this one.

Didn't initially realise you guys were after over 25's and dropped Mac an email requesting a whitelisting and got pointed in this direction.

I'm actually 23 from York, England so not quite in the age bracket but thought it worth putting myself forward anyway.

Cheers,

Chris.

Hey Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to post, I've added you to the whitelist, welcome to the server!

Check your mail and kind regards,

Mac

Wireworld Game Studio, Cafe and Bar

P.S. If you enjoy the server please post some feedback in this thread