Pauijay

Community Dying? Too many hackers?

They come onto servers with just 3, just to kill us so I don't think that is totally true.

True, just another thing to do to avoid. Very low pop servers most likely a server with 1-2 on it or even up to 5, the admin isn't present. I try to sit peachy at 0 if I'm looking into something like the artifacts. Or 9+ At 9 or so its most likely an admin watching. I know this isn't always the case but its an assumption that has kept me down to encountering only 2 hackers.

But again I play early morning or during school hours (When most people are sleeping or doing something with their day)

All games decline with time. Mods been out for several months, this is the normal game cycle

I Would not worry mates, from what I have heard most who quit are coming back to standalone, with less hackers and glitches.

The hackers are there ruining your experience. Trust me. Ever heard of Navigator? It's a dayz map hack that require no bypass to use, its simply an .exe you run once you start the game.

With it one gets a handy birds eye view of every player, vehicle, corpse, and tent in the game. Its been undetected for at least a month now. I assure you on any populated server SOMEONE is running it. Your tents aren't safe, your vehicles aren't safe.

It doesn't take much to ruin a game of DayZ, the smart hackers aren't out there causing thunderdomes, no they're out there in the bushes, lieing low but slowly destroying any semblance of a survival game dayZ ever had.

Something must be going on since we're down to 82.000 players in the last 24 hours, and it wasn't that long ago when that number was around 200.000 players.

People got tired of being teleported and killed by hackers all the time, this problem should have been fixed a long time ago, but anyway, there's nothing we can do about it.

too much hacking.... i went on a few public servers yesterday. EVERY. ONE. had a hacker.

It would be easier to get hackers out of the game if the fucking sidechat would still exist. People could say to everybody when they start noticing the actions of a lowlife hacker.

There are still servers out there with proper adminship that are fairly hacker-free.

However, most people I know that are tired of the game are simply bored of it. There isn't much end game besides PVP, and they don't care for straight up PVP for PVP's sake.

1.2 milion, unique plays... 87,000 in past 24 h ,7% stay plaing?

yea don't even go there bro, games like runescape have 200m accs created and under 100k daily playing

I play on a private password hive normal dayz @ Cherno, Mostly play Lingor Island at the moment. This map is easier compaired to Cherno with the amount of loot and how far you have to travel to find it.

There's always a tide.

In a persistent online only world harckers will and can ruin the game. What's the point of playing unless you are hacking, or have your server locked down to keep them out. Hence the necessity for a single player version which if not included in the stand alone version will keep many from even bothering with the game. What BF3 did to their SP version completely ruined it for me. What a waste that game was, completely CoDified.

What would you even do in a SP version of this? And everyone knows BF is about the MP, the SP sucked, yes, but it didn't ruin anything, what did ruin BF3 was the fact that after a year of it being out, and several patches, they still can't seem to get their game right, it's as if EA and DICE don't even play their game.

People are playing private hives with lingor/takistan/utes. They arent counted as theyre not official servers. The numbers would be 100/120,000 or more.

I've been on populated servers & lesser. I've still come up against hackers. The other day I was on one server with 3 people. I was on top of green mountain I parked my character in bush to check my pack just in time as a hacker teleported on to my perevious location. I had fuck all in the way of weapons so i stayed hidden, he hunted around & then teleported off...the one time I didn't have Fraps running.

I guess from my point of view I play DayZ less because of these twats but, I love ARMA 2, so there's plenty for me to do until the stand alone.

Oh, another one of these topics, how ordinary.

I guess us 'ordinary' people can't all be a bubbling cauldren of fresh, new thought provoking posts. Congrats on taking the time to point that out & on being you :)
  • Like 1

I am in a clan for another game with about 30 people. We share a Teamspeak-Server with about 9 other clans for that game and basically are what you could call a small community of gamers. All in all about 150-200 I would say. In the summer we used to play DayZ regularly with different groups and sizes. And all of us love Arma2 and this mod specifically. But as cheaters got more and more we stopped playing. There is simply no fun in playing this game when on every server we were on there were people who had fun in destroying the same fun for other people with the help of cheats.

I still browse the forums in the hope it gets better sometimes and to check on the newest Battleeye-actions and the Standalone. But I am kinda alone with that.

The thing is: Almost every one of our "community" stopped playing this mod. There are about 4 people left, I know of, who still play out of the 150-200 at the beginning. Not because they got bored with the game, but because of the hacker-problem.

I think this proves on a small scale just how big this problem has become.

• Like 1

Here's a thought (pure fantasy, no way it would every come to fruition), everyone and I mean everyone has a long break from DayZ. Maybe a month or so. Go play Guild Wars, or Borderlands, w/e I don't care.

Noone left to spooge over, skiddies get bored and move on, hackers don't see profit anymore in making DayZ scripts so stop making scripts/bypasses.

I can dream can't I?

What community? DayZ struck gold with its concept and people will continue to follow it into standalone. The mod is "over the hill" at this point. Most people seem to be getting bored, lack of updates/added features/hacking widespread. Is it all the hacker's fault? No. Probably a decent chunk of the hackers are doing it because their bored, and hacking extends their gameplay for the mod.

What community? DayZ struck gold with its concept and people will continue to follow it into standalone. The mod is "over the hill" at this point. Most people seem to be getting bored, lack of updates/added features/hacking widespread. Is it all the hacker's fault? No. Probably a decent chunk of the hackers are doing it because their bored, and hacking extends their gameplay for the mod.

when people are forced to join private servers because almost everytime they step foot onto a public server, they encounter instadeath, teleportation, or any other means of retardation... the community has a problem. :(

• Like 1

I guess us 'ordinary' people can't all be a bubbling cauldren of fresh, new thought provoking posts. Congrats on taking the time to point that out & on being you :)

Thanks, you're fucking fantastic too.

You can never kill the DayZ Community...

...and you can never kill DayZ.

Serious gamer. Casual balls. I get by even with waves of hackers just like I did when I was a Combat Arms player.

I will piss into the wind until the wind ceases; then I shall piss unbridled and freely.

• Like 3