mio.rogvall@gmail.com

Since DayZ is based on the Take On Helicopters engine.. This map might be possible?

I know both guys flying!

I'd pay serious cash for a DayZ Seattle map designed for ground play. However you'd need a monster future PC to run it.

• Like 1

This would be a incredible DayZ Map! :D

Hope, Rocket make it. Because such a huge modern Town would be great to play. Deep Atmosphere!

Not all buildings has to be walkable. But some Skycrapers would be funny and all Garages,Hospital,Fire & Police Stations, Powerplant, Supermarkets,Prisions.

Maybe a DLC called Modern Town for 9.95€ - i buy it!

Edited by DaGolem

It would take a huge amount of people and time to make that happen... If it's even possible.

I'd be willing to play a scaled down version, where the city might have been ravaged by a fire, leaving most buildings in ruins. The main problem is optimation, the ground graphics are pretty basic because it's a flight sim, but seriously what I wouldn't give to a major American city with maces of highway ramps, parking garages and subways.

I have a dream...

I'd be willing to play a scaled down version, where the city might have been ravaged by a fire, leaving most buildings in ruins. The main problem is optimation, the ground graphics are pretty basic because it's a flight sim, but seriously what I wouldn't give to a major American city with maces of highway ramps, parking garages and subways.

I have a dream...

I'm sure TOH has been optimized to draw more objects on screen. Otherwise this map would be pointless. That would also mean you won't get lagspikes when looking at Cherno etc.

• Like 1

I'm sure TOH has been optimized to draw more objects on screen. Otherwise this map would be pointless. That would also mean you won't get lagspikes when looking at Cherno etc.

Look great with you're zooming by in a little bird, but when you're at ground level you're far from Chernogrosk quality.

Still if it was possible, I'd love it.

Take a note what ONLY ENGINE from ToH will be used. Map will be the same Chernarus.

Edited by Kadavar

I like to think urban maps with enterable buildings could become practical. Technology is getting stronger all the time, but it seems to me the engine would have to have very intelligent culling. What games are out now that do this best?

I am a Stalker fanboy, so i'd prefer the russian setting, just with more dense industrial areas and underground stuff

a big city would be great, though, would be awesome to run around in it like in Fallout 3

I would even just love to see a city in dayz thats say 5 times the size of cherno with every building enterable..

That would make cactus happy ^__^

• Like 1

"i am legend" here we come..

that does look fantastic..

haha defentley ! with a bit more stylised graphics an sexy looking sun down in the afternoon like fallout and it would be a dream come true

I just fired up the Take on Helicopters demo, and I can't tell the difference between it and ArmA2. The helicopter controls are a little more sophisticated, true, and there are no rifles that I've seen, but it feels just like ArmA2, and I was able to figure out a lot of it by just pretending I'm flying an Apache around Utes. Accessing the gear screen in the usual way, I see that you have the map/compass/radio/wristwatch/binoculars in the normal ArmA2 gear screen. The map is large, no doubt, but as others have observed it's a very low-detail map, in terms of both terrain and structures. There's no DayZ to be played on that map.

I wonder what the key distinction is that's making it more fit as a DayZ platform. I'm guessing it's less trusting of the client and less vulnerable to scripting, and that's a key factor in choosing it. I hope they use the ToH chopper controls, too. Make it harder to fly the bugger when you get it.