GBTP

I'm sick of KoS bandits and cowards

Agreed OP 100% behind you. This game should be so much more than a pointless deathmatch, but as you can see by many of the replies so far, some people are too dense to get that.

Live with it, or get rid of the game.

That's all I can say, because bandits are certainly not leaving the game.

• Like 1

True bandit's don't KoS, you're mixing that up with murderers.

EDIT: But I do honestly feel sorry for you, being shot in forests. I mean, who really wants to be cautious in some silly forest?

Edited by Inception.

I can't Make it a mile without getting shot from the forest;

Most likely a hacker, otherwise, unlucky.

I can't make it twenty paces into a city without being sniped from the nearest tower;

Solution: Don't go into a city.

I cannot get within a few meters of anyone else without being hunted down and killed for a flashlight, a bandage and some painkillers. Gunned down by what? Some jackass with a LMG or an anti-material rifle?

You must be doing something wrong....running out in the open is what it sounds like...

Cause the really need my Hatchet I'm sure... I have to play on empty servers to get anywhere or even collect a meager collection of basic supplies without being chased into a building and executed.

Again, you must be making a mistake if people see you and you don't want to be.

It's endlessly frustrating when not a single person I have come across will give me thirty seconds of breath before unloading on me, regardless of whether I have a weapon or not.

Why should they?

The only worthwhile pursuit is server hopping in the NWAF to get good equipment or happening across a heli crash site and hoping there isn't a sniper on a hill nearby.

Server hopping? You naughty little boy!

Argue at me if you will. (And I'm ohsosure you will not disappoint on that.

Challenge Accepted.

Are there any players out there with dignity?

Yes, there are.

• Like 1

I'm a Hero, not a new player, I am just endlessly frustrated by what I genuinely consider lesser players, not for lack of skill, but for lack of integrity.

I just needed to vent and sling broad stroked general insults at anyone that has killed in cold blood and hid behind the excuse of survival.

First, you probably think killing bandits on sight is OK. Yet you are on opposite team(hero) and you complain about getting shot? hypocrisy?

Second, I know a guy who lived in germany in the 1940, who also believed other people are lesser than himself.

• Like 1

I can't Make it a mile without getting shot from the forest; I can't make it twenty paces into a city without being sniped from the nearest tower; I cannot get within a few meters of anyone else without being hunted down and killed for a flashlight, a bandage and some painkillers. Gunned down by what? Some jackass with a LMG or an anti-material rifle? Cause the really need my Hatchet I'm sure... I have to play on empty servers to get anywhere or even collect a meager collection of basic supplies without being chased into a building and executed. It's endlessly frustrating when not a single person I have come across will give me thirty seconds of breath before unloading on me, regardless of whether I have a weapon or not. The only worthwhile pursuit is server hopping in the NWAF to get good equipment or happening across a heli crash site and hoping there isn't a sniper on a hill nearby.

Argue at me if you will. (And I'm ohsosure you will not disappoint on that.)

Are there any players out there with dignity?

So if someone doesn't play this VIDEO GAME the way that you think it should be played then they have no integrity?

Excuse me, i didnt realize that you were the shining example of how to play a game.

You're lack of adjusting to WHY you are being shot speaks more to your ability to survive in this game than it does anything else in your selfish crying rant about INTEGRITY in a VIDEO GAME. After all, the one and only rule in this game is to survive. I do not know your intentions if i see you...

Edited by Tek
  • Like 3

I kill bandits and help new players as much as I can if that new player is a douche though well ... You know what happens next!.... I don't kill them you bandit thinking mother fucker I tell them to piss off and find someone else . But it's hard meeting new peeps I find the only way to control people is with an as50 pointed at them I managed to control a few newbies like this without them shooting at me they are scared shitless by those guns ! Ha ha ha ! Btw I have a hero skin and don't kill people it's to boring the best fun is meeting new peeps for mad adventures !

There are friendlies out there. Problem is contacting them and trying to not look aggressive. I know there is a salute command but i wish there were some distinct item of clothing you could wear that shows your intentions to others from a distance (i know this could be abused, but that's realistic also)

The biggest problem with being friendly is when you meet someone you give them the initiative because your first reaction is "Are they friendly?" whereas someone who is KOS doesnt think, he acts. I have been shot plenty of times because as i have reached for the keyboard to type a message they have pressed the LB and riddled me with bullets.

That's life in DayZ

Ok,OP, to find friendlies you have to ask. I'm a hero too. Not easy, by far not the funniest thing I've done in a while but because I wanna be. I have helped people in NWAF in return for me gunning down 10-12 zombies I'm greeted and thanked with bullets. Understandably so. Most people shoot first, forget they can even ask questions.

SillySil brought up a conversation like this in one of his other posts. As of now its just tailored for banditry, making the solo non-bandit players paranoid as shit. Turning them into OMFG SHOOT IT kinda folk. If you want a friendly time on DayZ I suggest bringing your own or keep your fingers crossed and just enjoy the bullet sammich.

In all my times helping folks...I have found 2 friendly folks that I didn't bring with me. Everyone else Alt f4's if I sneak up on them asking if they are friendly, one guy actually put his gun down when I had a Mod 0 aimed at him, he was being chased so I cleared them out, he ran off. Outside that there has been an exchange of fire.

Your best bet is group up with clans or group of people outside of meeting them in-game.

Chances are that the beanship formed in the council of Riverdell will last longer than the Bandit-Smeagols that roam the path to Mordor NWAF.

• Like 1

I'm friendly to a fault as well, but only as long as I'm essentially harmless. There are plenty of people who will be your bros when they don't have a weapon, and even after they find one, they'll often continue to trust you on account of they had no choice but to give you a chance to prove you aren't a jerk. But when a group of strangers has been together for a few hours, and they start having some loot, then you start getting shot in the back for a camping tent or AK-74 Kobra. I'll pal around with randoms while we both have a hatchet, but if I check a barn and he checks a barn, and my barn has a CZ 550, I take it out the other side and don't look back, because a scoped rifle is just the sort of thing that would make a friendly newb go all Treasure of the Sierra Madre on me, and I don't need that kind of grief.

When you have something that people are willing to kill you for, you have to expect people to be willing to kill you for it, and that puts you squarely in the realm of paranoia. Until I get there (Lee Enfield and ALICE pack seems to be the best gear you can carry without everyone wanting a piece of you) I'm a very nice guy. When I pick up that AKM or Coyote pack or M24, it's creeping and shooting whenever I meet someone that has so much as a Makarov or Hatchet.

• Like 1

No you are wrong.

There are plenty of friendly people out there, but you are more likely to survive in a group.

OP, dont listen to these morons, it wont always be this way.

We work with the coalition and other friendly groups to help restore order. Many of our missions have managed to force everyone out of a server when 10-12 of our guys roll into and secure cities, or ge rid of most of the bandits on a server allowing us to help those in need.

OP, if your interested we would like to have you in our clan [Regulators]. We help those willing to accept it and hunt down those that just sit for hours waiting for one noob to come along so they can snipe them.

Our videos and forums will tell you everything you need to know, we are not KOS (except against known threats and snipers camping) and will usually call out to people as friendly. Because we usually move in groups we can handle most situations. A lot of players out there dont shoot on sight when they bump into a group of 4-5 people that have them surrounded and usually accept help or just ask to be left alone.

All the links you will need are in my signature :)

This is the real solution on a larger scale. Just as in reality, good people need to get organised and outgun the bad. Otherwise it's chaos.

• Like 1

Holy shit another one of these threads? Take a number please.

What a fucking uppity whinge. Boo-fucking-hoo, I keep getting sniped, and the community doesn't live up to my expectations. Let's go bitch on the forums, where I know for a fact people will flame me for my opinion, like a self-righteous prick.

You've done the exact same thing here that you keep doing in-game, you knowingly walked into a shooting gallery. I have no sympathy for the OP, seems like he has a severe stick in his ass because he sucks at the game. Don't bother saying you don't, because if you didn't this thread wouldn't exist.

There is really no need for the nonsense you've spewed in this thread, and it's laughable that you're trying to condescend people who disagree with you. Take a hike, you gurning Nancy-boy.

• Like 1

Surviving is too easy; It's boring. Killing people is the only challenge and therefore more entertaining.

First, you probably think killing bandits on sight is OK. Yet you are on opposite team(hero) and you complain about getting shot? hypocrisy?

Second, I know a guy who lived in germany in the 1940, who also believed other people are lesser than himself.

Don't you think the Hitler-comparison is a bit much?

In my opinion this should be a game of survival in which the players are struggling together or against each other. I have no problem with a bandit killing me for my Coyote Backpack or because he likes my weapons or because I frighten him. I got a problem with the Deathmatch attitude that, so do i believe, a minority of players are forcing the majority to play. There are some people that think lying on the Sniperhill with a A50 is cool, but I guess the majority of KoS-players is just frightended because of bad encounters in the past. Thats pretty sad and kills a lot of this games potential in my opinion. It is no real backdraw to kill a player, because there is no endgame-content that would encourage teamplay. And on top of it there are all the duped weapons and ammunition making this exact thing even easier. If they fix the hacking and the Alt+F4 in the standalone it will be much harder to engage a player and therefor the pking might drop a bit.

All in all I encourage everyone to overthink if he really likes the current KoS-policy or if he feels kind of forced to do it. Maybe the one or the other will change his ingame attitude...

What a fucking uppity whinge. Boo-fucking-hoo, I keep getting sniped, and the community doesn't live up to my expectations. Let's go bitch on the forums, where I know for a fact people will flame me for my opinion, like a self-righteous prick.

You've done the exact same thing here that you keep doing in-game, you knowingly walked into a shooting gallery. I have no sympathy for the OP, seems like he has a severe stick in his ass because he sucks at the game. Don't bother saying you don't, because if you didn't this thread wouldn't exist.

There is really no need for the nonsense you've spewed in this thread, and it's laughable that you're trying to condescend people who disagree with you. Take a hike, you gurning Nancy-boy.

I dont suck at this game. :)

But I do agree that people that flame me for my opinions are self righteous pricks ;)

I'm flattered by your comparison. But no, I have only killed one player, and he was a hero. But he was also shooting at me, so I don't feel so bad about it, I asked him to stop...

Edited by GBTP

Stop being in the line of sight of snipers. It's honestly not that hard.

99% of the snipers on DayZ don't have any idea how to snipe properly, and can only pull a shot off when you're still. If you run at a 90 degree angle to them (across their screen), then they won't hit you, trust me.

I try to give other players the benefit of the doubt and give them a chance to team or fight. You don't know who's sitting at that other computer, or how their mind is working.But unfortunately, that knife cuts both ways. It could be someone like you, OP, or someone who kills for the sake of sport killing. The last four people I've met in a row have all been friendly, and we've had some fun adventures and great teams going. I've also been shot in the back by people multiple times. It's the risk you take dealing with other players who are either scared shitless of other human beings or deliberate and remorseless murderers.

it will always be this way

as long as theres the chance that one of the 10 people you meet will shoot you, you will take precautions against everybody.

never know which of the 10 will shoot you, so if you want to keep your stuff: no risks.

^ This. No one wants to die, and that drives a lot of people to kill before they're killed. Many people don't want to take the xx% chance someone is friendly if there's even a 1% chance it could mean they die. That's life. That's DayZ. And as long as human nature keeps us striving for survival, that's how some people are going to see it.

At the beginning I wanted to team up. I would walk up to survivors I met, say HI..., and die...

So? I became a bandit. If I find you - I will shoot you. No matter if you are a bandit, survivor, medic, hero or whatever else. Why? Because I can.

This is a sandbox game, and the point is - everyone can do whatever they want ( within the given set of rules ).

Like someone said above me - the only challenge in this game for now is killing others. That is my perception of the game.

I kill for fun - because hey - IT IS A GAME, AND I PLAY GAMES FOR FUN. You're just taking it too seriously...

Also, you look down upon those who have opinion like mine, and do what I do - kill people for fun.

Just because you have your own gamestyle does not mean everyone should play the way you want the game to be played.

And IMHO - it's not that hard to get geared, if you just know where to look ( find some heli crashes / kill a sniper in elektro - and whatnot ).

Greetings,

MadMack

• Like 1

Yep. Welcome to deathmatch that is dayz

i.e your better off playing another game with less bugs

I am playing with few friends now. We are nicely geared, we always have at least one of us observing area from a hill and watching over others with a sniper rifle. Yet, we do not engage other players. If we see they didn't spot us, we just change direction and stay hidden. When they do, we try to outrun them and only when we have no choice - kill them. Same with snipers and bandits. We could probably kill those lame snipers on roof of Hospital, but what for? It's too risky to go up to collect their gear anyway, so we just go visit other places.

Now, for being a friendly and helping others. I can not afford that risk on my own. I've meet people that shoot You after You make a blood transfusion to them, just to get that assault You carry with You.

I am just hoping that standalone game will change something. Without hackers and easy access to full gear, lame sniping will not be worth the risk of being spotted.

Welcome to DayZ. Where new players try to make friends at first but quickly learn to kill on sight instead.

Bullshit.