GBTP

I'm sick of KoS bandits and cowards

I can't Make it a mile without getting shot from the forest; I can't make it twenty paces into a city without being sniped from the nearest tower; I cannot get within a few meters of anyone else without being hunted down and killed for a flashlight, a bandage and some painkillers. Gunned down by what? Some jackass with a LMG or an anti-material rifle? Cause the really need my Hatchet I'm sure... I have to play on empty servers to get anywhere or even collect a meager collection of basic supplies without being chased into a building and executed. It's endlessly frustrating when not a single person I have come across will give me thirty seconds of breath before unloading on me, regardless of whether I have a weapon or not. The only worthwhile pursuit is server hopping in the NWAF to get good equipment or happening across a heli crash site and hoping there isn't a sniper on a hill nearby.

Argue at me if you will. (And I'm ohsosure you will not disappoint on that.)

Are there any players out there with dignity?

• Like 4

You're meeting the wrong people.

I'm a bit of either-or.

I'll kos only if I am backed into a corner or if I turn a corner and see 9 bandit skins staring at me with LMGs.

Recently, I've been grouping with people quite a bit, and if I feel like it, I'll shoot you in the head after an hour or so of playing and skyping.

Once Killed a group of 7 I joined with a satchel charge because their voices started to annoy me. We were talking on Skype for 3 hours before.

• Like 1

I'm a Hero, not a new player, I am just endlessly frustrated by what I genuinely consider lesser players, not for lack of skill, but for lack of integrity.

I just needed to vent and sling broad stroked general insults at anyone that has killed in cold blood and hid behind the excuse of survival.

• Like 1

Why do you keep on making the same mistakes every time? Make a mistake 1 time, blame the others. Make the same mistake again, it is you to blame.

• Like 3

DayZ might not be the game for you. Try another mod, Arma has plenty of them. (arma in and of itself is fun)

The KoS policy is rampant amongst most servers. There are some "friendly" non-hive servers, although you will be killed there also from time to time. Some folks just aren't cut out for DayZ and that is ok.

honestly i was the same i have started to play exclusively on whitelisted private hives u get to know the regulars.It's a much better experience imho.i am a bit gutted cause my hive character is armed to the tits with everything.my advice find a good whitelist private i was about ready to give up but i play more then ever before.

Now everyone shoot even bad geared players because they have unlimited ammo due dubbing, i doubt people would use theyr as50 if there wasnt dubling and ammo would be acutally hard to get.

I'm a Hero, not a new player, I am just endlessly frustrated by what I genuinely consider lesser players, not for lack of skill, but for lack of integrity.

I just needed to vent and sling broad stroked general insults at anyone that has killed in cold blood and hid behind the excuse of survival.

integrity? hahaha

killing everyone you see, with a gun, IS killing for survival.

Make a mistake 1 time, blame the others. Make the same mistake again, it is you to blame.

You bastardization of idioms should embarrass you.

And Pendragon, I disagree, I think DayZ needs more players like me, I think DayZ is JUST the game for me, it is just being monopolized by the types of players that DayZ is NOT the game for.

• Like 8

FFA DM is what you get if you don't put any donwsides to killing people.

Right now the game mechanics are very similar to quake, just the map is bigger and there is no scoretable. There's a lot of people following the mechanics and there are people who are trying to make the game more than it actually is, swimming against the tide.

• Like 3

integrity? hahaha

killing everyone you see, with a gun, IS killing for survival.

Are you laughing because you don't understand the 'big word' or because you just don't understand the concept? Killing everyone you see, regardless of what you use to do it, isn't killing for survival, it's killing to kill. Killing is not a requisite to survive.

• Like 3

Sometimes you can make new friends.

Sometimes not.

Get KoS is frustrating and leads to a vicious circle..

That's why I love and hate this game, I always have hope in humanity because time to time, I meet good people.

Recently, a Russian gave me a lift to my dead body as he saw I slept to death... And I thought Russian were all hackerzz! (just kidding)

Anyway, it tends to be rare but when you meet some kind people, it's always great moments.

Such is life, in DayZ.

You bastardization of idioms should embarrass you.

[...]

Now as you said it, I really feel embarrassed (a bit, getting goosebumps you know). But the point is, why do you let yourself getting killed over and over again?

And Pendragon, I disagree, I think DayZ needs more players like me, I think DayZ is JUST the game for me, it is just being monopolized by the types of players that DayZ is NOT the game for.

IDK I am a hero also, I hardly ever have the problems you posted about. I run solo and with a "anti pk" squad, the script bitches are our biggest bane. Met some great folks in game. Sure the douchebags are there this cannot be denied. But anyone who comes crying to the forums in my mind isn't cut out for the cut throat environment of DayZ.

• Like 1

Now as you said it, I really feel embarrassed (a bit, getting goosebumps you know). But the point is, why do you let yourself getting killed over and over again?

I forgive you without you even having to ask me..

But I don't do it on purpose, more often than not I don't even see the person killing me. The rest of the time I guess I am just hoping someone will prove me wrong.

IDK I am a hero also, I hardly ever have the problems you posted about. I run solo and with a "anti pk" squad, the script bitches are our biggest bane. Met some great folks in game. Sure the douchebags are there this cannot be denied. But anyone who comes crying to the forums in my mind isn't cut out for the cut throat environment of DayZ.

You are missing the point of my post.

Edited by GBTP

Anyways, I was just venting my frustration at my most recent death. Digital life will go on.

Edited by GBTP

Being killed is just the usual way DayZ works. That naturally includes ambushes as well as getting sniped. If you're getting killed too often, it is more likely that you're not able to play the game in a satisfactury (from your perspective) manner. No offense, but maybe DayZ isn't the right game for you if you don't feel entertained.

OT: I really don't care for your forgiveness, but I look forward to exercise the use of idioms in my posts.

No I am not, you are missing the point of mine. You think because you are being KoS (and aren't one of them) are morally better. You are not, learn to take the right steps and you will survive in this harsh environment. The thing that makes this mod great is that it is harsh as hell. I hate the rampant pk'ing, but I don't let it effect my play style. (mental stability) I learn to adapt or i die.

• Like 2

No I am not, you are missing the point of mine. You think because you are being KoS (and aren't one of them) are morally better. You are not, learn to take the right steps and you will survive in this harsh environment. The thing that makes this mod great is that it is harsh as hell. I hate the rampant pk'ing, but I don't let it effect my play style. (mental stability) I learn to adapt or i die.

No, I got that, I think I am better than people because I don't KoS. Which coincidentally DOES make me morally better. I know how to 'survive this harsh environment' and have, with several of my lives. the evidence of such is my continued willingness to play despite my frustrations. But you can't tell me that you have never been killed, lost good equipment, and gotten frustrated once? I was just venting that frustration, but I also jumped right back in and started trekking back into Chernarus excited to see what great new peice of gear I would find.

As has already been pointed out, you're following the "pattern of the noob" that snipers and bandits rely on. They rely on people continually going to the same towns, the same locations, and just other predictable behavior that comes from only thinking about the survivor vs. environment aspect of the game.

Start thinking about the bandits BEFORE they start laying fire at your feet. Don't barrel into Elektro/Cherno. If you do, don't go to the high value spawns that are easy shots from the treeline. Once you get a weapon, make it a point to do a sweep for snipers before entering a town. Not only is it hilarious fun to counter-snipe, but one or two snipers down usually nets you a full compliment of gear.

Stop playing in a way that serves your body up on a plate to bandits. Adapt to the game. Think smart.

Edited by Venthos
  • Like 4

Are there any players out there with dignity?

Quite a few I would hope, have sent a DM to you ;)

If you can't beat the bandits join them.

I've got -60k humanity but I live in the woods and only head to a populated area when I need to resupply or if I'm looking for vehicle parts. I've never killed in cherno or elektro unless they fired first or they were v well armed. Mostly I go to berezino or the airfields and murder a few people to steal their coke and beans.

It also occurs to me that the best weaps spawn in the high pvp zones and usually their ammo too. If I have an As50 and I need bullets I'm not gonna search for a crash site I'll just sit at the airfield, wait for server hoppers to spawn in then kill their stupid asses.

My most recent 10-15 kills were all at the NWAF. Some better geared than others but I have no sympathy. Nothing to stop there being someone else doin the same to me when I'm looting the guy I just killed and looted.

I also always bury bodies as I'm an asshole but sometimes I'll leave like an m14 somewhere weird for a noob to find. :)

Tyler

• Like 1

Dude, it's kill, or be killed.

Dude, it doesn't have to be.

Adapt to the game. Think smart.

I get it. I can. I have. I'm just disappointed that it is the way of things. I do like your 'way of the noob' though, that's clever.