brites

Why are dayz players so hated?

Don't fly jets if you don't know how to use them then.

I got the the rank of lieutenant just flying the jet, i was using every gun except for the one he asked me to, because i really didn't know how to.

If i don't know how to pilot a jet, why should i stop using it? that's what gets me angry about you arma players: That thing about: Oh you're a dayz players just grab a weapon and shoot some commies you can't do much else herpa derpa.

What if i fucking want to learn?

• Like 2

People take computer games way to seriously.

Edited by Timboski
  • Like 1

If you did buy Arma II for the DayZ mod and have not played any similar games in the past, then he probably really was kicking you for more useful people.

Most FPS gamers in Arma II will just run around like retards doing stupid things without even knowing it.

I explained i was'nt running around and the server had like 10 people....

Well I understand why it made him angry. I loved Arma way before DayZ and the idea that people bought Arma solely for DayZ makes me cringe a little inside. So yeah, a lot of Arma veterans are going to take offense to it because it kinda sounds like an insult towards the core game.

Such as DotA in Warcraft III, I even had friends that called the WHOLE game dota, pissed me off so badly...

Arma players are pretty serious about the game, it comes of no suprise the way they think about DayZ

Always love these arrogant twits that kick noobs for being a noob or doing noobish things.

I had a server admin on my ET Server that was like this, after I removed his admin privilege's, I told him I carnt have Noob Admins, I hope he got my point,

Because everyone is a noob at some stage =)

You don't need a reason to play a game, as long as your having fun, who cares what anyone else thinks!

Everybody is a noob in the beginnig. So as a noob you go to the editor or single player and practice your skills. Nobody likes it when some noob joins a server and spoils everybody else's fun by hopping in a chopper or a jet and destroing it right at the takeoff.

• Like 1

If CoD players ever come to Arma or DayZ, I'm gone. I've always known the CoD series was cheap and bad quality, but MW3's community has just made me quit, it's awful.

I'm a CoD player.

Not justifying the admin here, but the "problem" with arma is that (usually) it's very team-oriented. That means if you're on a team that just Willi-nilly runs towards the enemy, crash jets and choppers, etc, your team will have a next to impossible task a head of them just because some dolts wants to operate alone.

Yes, everyone's a noob at some point, but the game provides plenty of tools to train yourself before you start shooting at the enemy as the rear guy or run in front of your team's fire line. You have been struggling with hackers for a couple of months - they have for years. Add to the mix TK'ers, rambo players, etc. so they're pretty fed up. Now they see hoards of Dayz players coming and some (many? Don't play A2 any more) categorize you as someone who doesn't grasp what the game's like and not interested in learning. Based on OP's post, based on generalization rather than facts.

Not justifying the admin here, but the "problem" with arma is that (usually) it's very team-oriented. That means if you're on a team that just Willi-nilly runs towards the enemy, crash jets and choppers, etc, your team will have a next to impossible task a head of them just because some dolts wants to operate alone.

Yes, everyone's a noob at some point, but the game provides plenty of tools to train yourself before you start shooting at the enemy as the rear guy or run in front of your team's fire line. You have been struggling with hackers for a couple of months - they have for years. Add to the mix TK'ers, rambo players, etc. so they're pretty fed up. Now they see hoards of Dayz players coming and some (many? Don't play A2 any more) categorize you as someone who doesn't grasp what the game's like and not interested in learning. Based on OP's post, based on generalization rather than facts.

i clearly stated that i wanted to learn and asked him nicely to explain how what i was doing wrong was supposed to be done. But my point is that i think arma II vets should welcome newcomers, try to learn, and if they're not interested in learning either leave them alone or kick them if they're bothering...

i clearly stated that i wanted to learn and asked him nicely to explain how what i was doing wrong was supposed to be done. But my point is that i think arma II vets should welcome newcomers, try to learn, and if they're not interested in learning either leave them alone or kick them if they're bothering...

It's like in the military. Nobody likes newcomers. In fact, as a newcomer, you get your face in the mud with a boot on top of it.

I agree. My point was merely that they tried and tried but gave up. It was pretty much the same evolution as in Dayz where everyone KOS.now but instead of other players, these ended up TK and blowing up their own base.
  • Like 1

Speaking of elitist Arma 2 fanboys...

• Like 1

Arma2 players are very serious about playing strategic etc. I would guess they view DayZ players as the opposite.

I'd also say being a member of the BI forums and here the forums over there are much different. They have little spats once in awhile but nothing ike the garbage that goes on here. Half the posts here are people cursing and attacking each other the other half random stupid posts It's kiddie land.. It doesn't take a genius to understand why other groups look down on Dayz players..

The guy posting above proved my point perfectly talking about the size of a penis.. Really? You went out of your way to post that?

lawl arma 2 players = fagolehs

DayZ>Arma snobs

Who cares, it's Internet gaming, there are zillions of dick heads out there. Mute the idiots and move on. :)

• Like 1

That's why people with no jobs join...I would snap that boot off and beat his family with it

It's like in the military. Nobody likes newcomers. In fact, as a newcomer, you get your face in the mud with a boot on top of it.

Hipsters gonna hipster

• Like 2

I got the the rank of lieutenant just flying the jet, i was using every gun except for the one he asked me to, because i really didn't know how to.

If i don't know how to pilot a jet, why should i stop using it? that's what gets me angry about you arma players: That thing about: Oh you're a dayz players just grab a weapon and shoot some commies you can't do much else herpa derpa.

What if i fucking want to learn?

You do that in the editor. This is the respectful thing to do.

Well I agree it's very childish to kick because of it but still you can't except him to teach you flying jets while playing a match. That's what the editor is for. Because if someone flies the jet that doesn't know how to, that's one asset less the team can use. But yeah, hipsters gonna hip.

If CoD players ever come to Arma or DayZ, I'm gone. I've always known the CoD series was cheap and bad quality, but MW3's community has just made me quit, it's awful.

Don't worry, that's never going to happen since Cod is a fast paced arcade shooter.

Doesn't really make sense to me why arma vets would be angry about dayZ. I understand they may see it as some

Sort of bastardisation of their game but dayZ has brought a lot of popularity to the game, if anything it seems they should appreciate the support if arma is so beloved. There are those in dayZ that use Strategies and tactics, just because it's not arma doesn't mean it can't be complex. Those annoyin kids/cod babies shouldn't ruin a game and if these people are as good as they say they are then I hardly see how they can consider the more inexperienced players as a problem.

• Like 2

the guy insults me for not know how to operate with one of the bombs of the jet i was flying.... he didnt even try o teach, he just began insulting

That's one of the biggest complaints over in the arma forums.

DayZ has brought a wealth of new players, but the vast majority are nothing but lazy. ArmA has the tools for the new players to learn the game, but the "DayZ refugees" don't bother to learn. The just jump in the ArmA servers and start to run-n-gun. Being team based, those who don't know how to play simply hinder the rest of the players. The DayZ players are expecting the veterans to hold their hand and teach them. After awhile, they just got fed up with it and the admins just started to kick the players.

I don't mean this as an insult to you, brites. I'm just passing on what I've read.

• Like 1

I've been lurking the BIS forums back from the OFP days and the funny thing about it is that every now and then there would pop up a thread like "Why isn't this game more popular?" and they're quite insightful. And if you were new player then, and I assume now, and ask on the squad forum that you're a noob willing to learn, you'll get plenty of offers. Now, to the funny part, the entire community wants a lot more players to play - but, and they're not saying it - or maybe not even realizing it, they want players like themselves (tactical, hardcore-ish) and certainly not COD/whatever spray'n'pray FPS players. They love to bash people who says the game sucks on their forums, and they always assume they're COD/whatever players, even if it's constructive criticism.

So now that the hordes are coming in with Dayz, they fear their worst nightmare is coming alive. Along with the hordes of players there's a horde of cheaters too and that's "all because of Dayz".

That being said, some points should be made. Many Arma-players plays/played Dayz but usually stopped because of another relentless wave of hackers. Most public (Arma) servers sucks anyways due to no tactical gaming, TKers and hackers. Find a squad run server instead. They're usually closed with a password and well run. Yes there are douchebags in Arma2 too but far fewer than most communities and the avg. age is way higher than most games.

Seems like a dick move to kick new players for being new.

However...

The official Operation Flashpoint motto is: Practise flying offline.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2