rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

NO

This game does not have melee weapons implemented.

If we do obtain melee at some point then yes.

NO

Gives people with weapons 100% immunity on the coast.

Spawn with 2 clips of ammo, not 5.

As said above in some way.

YES and NO.

I would like to have the option. Either you spawn with gun and some ammo with just a can of beans and a cola box' date=' that's it, OR you spawn with more beans, canteen, some bandages, morphine, painkillers etc etc, you get my drift.

[/quote']

I second this notion.

YES but it wont do anything by itself.

It might stop stupid PvP in cities but honestly I've only been killed once by a makarov. What needs to happen is that >AMMO AND FOOD/WATER SPAWNS MUST BE LESSENED AS WELL<.

What would solve kill on sight issues is putting more emphasis on survival and less emphasis on random, bored PvP. Make it hard to survive in PvE and maybe people will care less about killing each other and care more about taking care of themselves.

YES

as long as we start with less other stuff. start with maybe painkillers' date=' a can of pop and a can of beans only. no morphine because who really has morphine in their house?

[/quote']

If you're going to look at it like that, who fixes a broken bone with morphine? In this game it's needed, so removing that would be stupid :p

Anyway,

NO

Like someone else said, it will do nothing but add frustration to the game. However I do understand some of the pros you and other forum members have listed here. Tbh i think the server host should be able to choose that sort of thing. That way each server will vary, and people can play however they want to play.

Yes. Spawn with nothing, no backpack, no gun, maybe a "bandage" torn from your remaining clothing.

No

Maybe if we could have melee weapons as any normal survivor would have plenty of.

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that the Arma2 engine does not have any sort of melee system in place, so it's not possible what so ever on dayz, or any other arma game/mod unfortunately :(

YES

But a more nuanced approach should be to start with virtually no extra ammo, a randomized hand gun, and supply gear instead. Many people have watches and matches, most people don't have a handgun with lots of magazines.

No

Maybe if we could have melee weapons as any normal survivor would have plenty of.

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that the Arma2 engine does not have any sort of melee system in place' date=' so it's not possible what so ever on dayz, or any other arma game/mod unfortunately :(

[/quote']

(sorry for clogging up this thread with this reply)

could it not be achieved by just creating a new "gun" with an extremely short hit distance then use already existing animations that could serve the purpose (read a specific name of an anim somewhere here that would work for melee)

YES,

I want to spawn with no supplies at all. There's a challenge.

YES

If not, then give them less ammo or no ammo at all. Or, make it a 50/50 chance to spawn well equipped (food, bandages, painkillers, etc...) or well armed(pistol, plenty of ammo).

Also, tangentially-related: make some weapon spawns separate from ammo spawns. Having no ammo is the only logical reason to leave behind a functioning weapon in an apocalypse. The alternative is a profoundly convenient coincidence. That, and I like the idea of a situation where someone is so desperate for supplies he must bluff a robbery and the guy getting robbed is trying to decide whether or not the guy holding him up actually has any.

YES (conditionally)

No gun, however I agree that other items should be provided, though.

Watch

Knife

Matches

Hatchet

Compass?

Map?

20+ Reason

If we're playing by your logic that people don't have a gun in their home (even though many have multiple guns) we should start with items that can be found in almost every household. Regarding the map: most of us have basic knowledge of the area in which we live.

For those saying it may increase spawn killing - so what, it's not like you invested days in getting good gear for the character, just respawn, no big deal.

We should try it.

YES

but only if we get additional spawn areas away from the coast otherwise ppl will just roam the beach for lols and tears

YES

But to deter coast camping bandits, move some spawn points inland a little bit.

YES

This needs to coincide with lower loot spawn rates so bandits can't camp on the beach with 5 days food supply.