rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

Possibly

I like the idea but id prefer starting makarov ammo be limited at 1 possibly 2 clips of ammo instead.

NO

But I think only a single mag, a single bandage, a can of beans and a water bottle is fair.

YES , but

new player should have have way to get rid of a lone infected running after them otherwise it would be unplayable.

How about some people spawn with guns and no ammo, and some spawn with ammo and no gun? And some other combinations of stuff which is useful together, e.g. matches, knife and axe. Maybe lead to some interesting situations. Incentive for bandits stays about the same, incentive for trying to team up with other newbies increases.

I'm sorry for being blunt, but...

"Maybe adds some authenticity, who has a handgun at home?" ...Mostly don't.

Who has hands, that can code, but cant use them to defend?

(with knife or axe ,for example :) )

I have weapons at home, therefore at least i should spawn with weapon!

lol

NO

IRL you can still defend yourself with brute force (fists' date=' body tackle) if necessary, until that is implemented, do not make players completely defenceless

[/quote']

This. Give me anything to hit Z with: shovels, brooms, trashcan lids, sticks, stones, screwdrivers, hammers, telephones, flower pots, ...

YES

- Spawns to large to camp (PvP)

- Will make users care about there character

- Game is EZ enough already

- Why we all have gun's when we wake up is a mystery to me.

How about we start with NOTHING? That's a yes btw. I like the idea. Let's try it.

NO

I really do like the idea, but it will just be way too frustrating getting those lives where you get unlucky and can't find squat for a while.

Instead, 1 Mak mag, 1 beans, 1 soda, 1 bandage.

NO

They shouldn't be totally defenseless... since many bandits will take advantage. Though 1/2 mags will relegate the gun to more of a emergency defence, hopefully less makarov heroing.

Yes

I've purposely dropped my guns to do in the last 3 game sessions to see if it is possible. It is.

I'm sorry for being blunt' date=' but...

"Maybe adds some authenticity, who has a handgun at home?" ...Mostly don't.

Who has hands, that can code, but cant use them to defend?

(with knife or axe ,for example :) )

[/quote']

By that logic, I would start with an AK47 and a civillian variant of an M4 Carbine. And yes, my family are gun nuts, and come apocalypse time, we're running California.

YES !

Everything that's going to give me a harder time in this game is more than welcomed! how 'bout spawning with only:

1 soda

1 beans

1 torchlamp

1 bandage

would make the game challenging from the start, and if you get killed by "coast bandits" who cares? just respawn and try your luck somewhere else! (maybe add much more spawn points?) Make it happen Rocket! :)

YES

Dying needs more consequences. Also delete tents, vehicles etc when their owners die.

It'll suck, but that's death for you.

you can hear zeds from a long ways away.

before entering a building' date=' scout around it first

it would necessitate a whole new level of situational awareness

[/quote']

Agreed, but many times, I've done a 360 recon of an area, gone into buildings with no zeds in sight, only to have the tell tale zed roar and instant aggro (even when on the 2nd/3rd floor). I've even had silent stationary hoppers, that only my spidey senses have detected (rare but it has happened).

I agree guns are everywhere and finding them isn't difficult, but I still feel as it is now it would be a step too far. But Rocket knows what he's doing and he's going to do what he wants anyway, so lets just wait and see.

YES!

Is there any particular reason why we spawn on the beech in the first place? Is this going to fit into the story in any way?

If not, couldn't we spawn in one of, say forty, different locations on the map, one of which is not occupied by another player by 400m?

NO

I think only the ammo count should be reduced. Regardless of the change, it could be a veteran/expert server only option.

For what it's worth i exported the thread and used msword to count the number of capitalised YES and NOs.

YES: 95

NO: 38

note: 172 replies total

NO

At least until we get some way to defend ourselves while completely unarmed. People are going to cry bloody murder if they can't fight off even a single zombie from the beginning - looting even a single abandoned house becomes a question of one mistake. Bit much for newcomers.

This option would be great if the game had melee, barricading system and all buildings enterable + firearms extremly rare. At the moment this new feature is simply stupid.