rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

YES

The carebears won't cry as much, less weapons means people can focus on teamwork and survival.

NO.

Makarovs help keep griefers away from spawn zones. And I don't even want to see how many people train zombies onto new spawns.

YES! It will work well with the Zombie changes in 1.7.1 and guns are abundant everywhere as it is.

YES

Add slow melee attacks to knife/ax. Spawn with one of those instead. Make overall weapon/ammo spawn much rarer.

you really think the start is tough atm?

No i don't think it's insurmountably tough atm, but in it's current state do you really want griefing spawn killers, rampant hackers, Olympic sprinter zombies, no place to hide and no gun?.

"- Maybe adds some authenticity, who has a handgun at home?"

No way buddy, I have enough guns to equip my neighborhood to protect our beans. I support limiting spawning ammo to 2 mags maybe.

YES

But one mag works as well. This with better infected and hopefully better loot distribution will be a nice change.

Bam, 20 on the money.

YES

Finding someone to team up with who has a gun has incentive' date=' and the person who has the gun feels more inclined to be "trusting".

[/quote']

VERY interesting point... but do you actually think this would happen? Interested to hear other thoughts on this.

Registered to tell you

YES!

This mod is a test and this feature would change the game COMPLETELY!

Damn, this sounds too exciting. PLEASE DO IT, I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!

NO

crosses the line b/w realism and fun. traveling/searching is the most tedious mechanic' date=' don't expand upon that if you're looking for more hardcore gameplay

[/quote']

I disagree.

it is not a tedious mechanic to me.

that is, unless ur one of those server hoppers that spends hours at stary.

one con would be that people would start disconnecting whenever they see another person with a gun, rather than waiting till they're shot at.

dcing is already a huge problem and with larger repercussions for dying it would become much worse.

so if this is implemented, i hope that rocket fixes the problem of dcing

maybe:

-to log out you need to "use" a logout item before pressing abort

-the logout item would take maybe 10 seconds to activate while stationary and crouching/standing

-if you abort without using the logout item, you die upon entering the server

NO

It would make every newly spawned player defenseless, meaning bandits who need food could just grind out 5 coast kills and be on their merry way. Simple melee would be nice.

YES

I've tossed my gun at the start for fun and it worked. Might as well try it while in alpha.

YES

Finding someone to team up with who has a gun has incentive' date=' and the person who has the gun feels more inclined to be "trusting".

[/quote']

VERY interesting point... but do you actually think this would happen? Interested to hear other thoughts on this.

No because the guy without the gun is just a massive burden for the other guy! And anyone that kind has already been broken :D

you really think the start is tough atm?

No i don't think it's insurmountably tough atm' date=' but in it's current state do you really want griefing spawn killers, rampant hackers, Olympic sprinter zombies, no place to hide and no gun?.

[/quote']

a. make spawns more sporadic

b. hackers will be dealt with

c. zombies are easily avoided with the tiniest bit of forethought

d. you dont attract zombies in the first place so you dont have to hide. if you do attract zombies, get better at sneaking

NO

It would make every newly spawned player defenseless' date=' meaning bandits who need food could just grind out 5 coast kills and be on their merry way. Simple melee would be nice.

[/quote']

What about spawning with nothing? I mean, you're on a beach, presumably washed up like some beached whale. Almost twenty :)

YES

- Possibly choice of handgun OR rifle OR map, compass, knife and matches?

- Weapons are quite abundant, no reason everyone should have handgun and rifle.

- Will people still shoot on sight even if victim is defenseless? Believe this will provide important data to understand "griefing" amount/behaviour.

Sorry, but it is almost impossible to discuss in a meaningful way in 20 words or less...

YES

Your best defence is in being sneaksy, not the Makarov. And besides, finally finding your first gun would feel GREAT!

YES

I Had to kill way too many times cuz someone with makarov wanted my winchester. And while this situation will still occur i can spare survivors without a gun. Very nice idea

YES

Despite the obvious fact that bandits will have an easier time now, this will add the hardcore realism we all want! And, if we kill a bandit now, he'll have a harder time!:D

YES

[/quote']

YES

This has actually changed my mind. People will be way more trusting since every man and his dog won't have a gun, and if someone does they'll be less likely to kill you if you are unarmed (no threat).