mio.rogvall@gmail.com

DayZ players should have the courtesy to play Arma2 at least once or twice.

This is what i read on the message boards and reddit "Rocket made Chernarus map" "Standalone will look awesome with Arma 3 engine" "Takistan is a community map". "Why do you not need do install anything for the Utes map?" No, no and no. They are all wrong. It seems Dayz community is infested with a virus of its own. Ignorance. It spreads like wildfire.

First of all people dont seem to realie that there is another game called Arma 2 that is a lot of fun on your computer. and if you even bothered to look in the menus in Arma and not go straight for the DayZ Servers you would find that there are about 6 maps for Arma and Chernarus Takistan, Utes are some of them. If you even touched Arma 2 you would realize this. Also it is ignorant to not play Arma 2 once or twice because you are now part of the arma community as of playing the game. Whether you like it or not.

Another thing that irks me is the constant complaintabout bugs and clunky UI. I played Arma 2 extensivy over the last month or so and i have NEVER and EVER had issues with bugs, UI or anything of that sort. Why? Because the UI works for Arma 2. What is an issue in DayZ is not an issue in arma 2. That's because BI made the engine to fir their OWN game. Weird idea, right? So go play some Arma, then come back and see if you have a broader perspective of the bugs in the engine. Then try to make a post about how "Rocket should fix duping" and how "Rocket made a shitty UI" and not try to look completely rediculous. You can't. Most of the threads in this forum is a biproduct of ignorance, lack of understanding and miseducation about what Arma2 is and how is works. This is a rant but it doesn't mean im hating, do not hate back.

Look, DayZ is limited as it stands. Arma2 has a lot of fun mods and game modes such as Insurgency and Warfare. Go try them if you are bored with DayZ, which i know everyone is. Even if you didn't like it, You will have a lot more suvivability now that you understand how the engine works, and got a better aim from all the PVP. There are no downsides.

Sincerely. DayZ and Arma2 player.

Edited by Goldeen
  • Like 20

ArmA II is boring and filled with people who take the game too seriously, also I cant stand games where combat takes place at "real" distances, like the Op Flashpoint games, shooting at tiny black specks on the horizon is no fun, especially when the same tiny black specks can fire back with pinpoint accuracy. Thats normally why the first thing I do is teamkill my sniper and take his scoped weapons >.>

The single player is quite fun though, if somewhat clunky and not very noob friendly. I cant play Op Arrowhwead singleplayer for shit though, I have no idea what Im doing and the AI is retarded, my entire squad gets killed in seconds then Im expected to go it alone and figure out what to do.

Edited by Tiercel
  • Like 4

We normally jump in the arma 2 armory if were having a slow day,

You can waste literally hours there.

Although I wouldn't technically say we were playing arma :P

People who bought Arma to play DayZ and never played Arma before are not considered as Arma community.

And its really sad that no one playing Arma anymore, I miss FFA! :(

It's not Ignorance its simeply people who want zombies and not terrorists, I am one of the people that got Arma simply to play this, and while I know quite a bit about Arma, I really could not care less about the game and have no intention of playing it, if I wanted to play something like it I would have played something else.

People need to understand that while this is a mod, for a lot of people its the sole reason for owning a copy of Arma.

• Like 3

I played Operation Flashpoint, does that count? I was pretty good at it too!

Who said that it was?

The way you word your topic to make it seem playing ArmA II is superior to any other alternative is almost like stating a fact.

I knew about ArmA way before I ever heard about DayZ. I never had interest in the game; therefore I never bought it. Then, I saw videos about DayZ. I still haven't lost interest in it yet.

Edited by PygmyJess

Opinions are not facts.

That is all.

I like the moustache avatar; and to the OP, I am not sure exactly what you are driving at...Are you telling us to go play Arma2 to reduce our ignorance or because people are bored?

Most people from what I have read on these forums are fairly familiar with the game Arma 2

Everyone is bored of DayZ...you know this? How?! HOW?!!

Teach my your ways, oh great one!

>_>

Simple: You don't know, you're just making that up to suit your post.

But anyway.

I played ARMA 2 once, I tried playing a multiplayer match, I got my ass handed to me, I play singleplayer, WHY DID THEY PUT ME IN-CHARGE OF A TANK! I played on my own scenarios, I crash my Huey and die, I play the armory... killed, not big surprise. I have the most fun in patrol scenarios.

I played arma 2 and liked it but then I installed DayZ and decided Arma2 was a whole bunch of why bother

I like the moustache avatar; and to the OP, I am not sure exactly what you are driving at...Are you telling us to go play Arma2 to reduce our ignorance or because people are bored?

Most people from what I have read on these forums are fairly familiar with the game Arma 2

Jess likes the attention.

• Like 2

Amusing thing is, that many Arma vets are saying, that DayZ players are the worst thing that could have ever happened to Arma 2, yet here is one of them saying the opposite.

What should we do?

Btw I've spent some hours on Arma 2 MP and I like playing "tactical" with same minded folks.

So no gun and run but rather move as a squad, use radio (ACRE ftw) and stuff, liked insurgency mode most so far.

What is the point of this post?

I mean, I'm bored in work, it's been a shit slow day - so in reality I'm up for reading anything, but I'm struggling to see a point anywhere.

• Like 3

This is what i read on the message boards and reddit "Rocket made Chernarus map" "Standalone will look awesome with Arma 3 engine" "Takistan is a community map". "Why do you not need do install anything for the Utes map?" No, no and no. They are all wrong. It seems Dayz community is infested with a virus of its own. Ignorance. It spreads like wildfire.

First of all people dont seem to realie that there is another game called Arma 2 that is a lot of fun on your computer. and if you even bothered to look in the menus in Arma and not go straight for the DayZ Servers you would find that there are about 6 maps for Arma and Chernarus Takistan, Utes are some of them. If you even touched Arma 2 you would realize this. Also it is ignorant to not play Arma 2 once or twice because you are now part of the arma community as of playing the game. Whether you like it or not. This is a rant but im not hating, do not hate back.

The massive assumption that we all like war games is wrong

I looked at arma 2 and hated it from 30 secs in so i shut it off and still play DayZ

And just to clarify, Im a member of the DayZ community not arma regardless that we use the same engine etc does not mean we are the same community.

And arma2 wouldnt have all those sales on its own m8, DayZ did that.

Even when arma 3 comes out i would not play it, i came here only for DayZ nothing else.

Edited by Chimaera
  • Like 2

ArmA II is boring and filled with people who take the game too seriously, also I cant stand games where combat takes place at "real" distances, like the Op Flashpoint games, shooting at tiny black specks on the horizon is no fun, especially when the same tiny black specks can fire back with pinpoint accuracy. Thats normally why the first thing I do is teamkill my sniper and take his scoped weapons >.>

The single player is quite fun though, if somewhat clunky and not very noob friendly. I cant play Op Arrowhwead singleplayer for shit though, I have no idea what Im doing and the AI is retarded, my entire squad gets killed in seconds then Im expected to go it alone and figure out what to do.

"I don't like ArmA, therefor it's a boring and crap game, how could anyone play this, you're all too serious" Is all I got from this post.

You're the biggest idiot I've seen here.

• Like 5

. The only time I ever start up arma without playing dayz is to practice my helicopter skills in the event I actually get one in dayz. So far everyone I've ever played dayz with bought arma 2 for dayz only. We all joke that one day we will actually play the game we bought but I think it will always remain a joke.

I've played the boot camp missions for the heli and VTOL jet multiple times, I don't really find anything else in it all that exciting.

"I don't like ArmA, therefor it's a boring and crap game, how could anyone play this, you're all too serious" Is all I got from this post.

You're the biggest idiot I've seen here.

You might want to learn to read then. All I said was its not my kind of game, pointed out what I dont like about it. Nowhere did I say its "crap how can anyone play this?" or insult the game. And yes, all the servers Ive found are far too serious about it, with things like a dedicated ATC player, where you have to request permission to take off etc. - I play for fun, not because Im too much of a fat basement dweller to join the real military.

• Like 1

First of all people dont seem to realie that there is another game called Arma 2 that is a lot of fun on your computer. and if you even bothered to look in the menus in Arma and not go straight for the DayZ Servers you would find that there are about 6 maps for Arma and Chernarus Takistan, Utes are some of them. If you even touched Arma 2 you would realize this. Also it is ignorant to not play Arma 2 once or twice because you are now part of the arma community as of playing the game. Whether you like it or not. This is a rant but im not hating, do not hate back.

Look, DayZ is limited as it stands. Arma2 has a lot of fun mods and game modes such as Insurgency and Warfare. Go try them if you are bored with DayZ, which i know everyone is.

Sincerely. DayZ and Arma2 player.

Have my beans, my can opener, and my dog.