Inception.

Why is the M14 so overlooked?

And don't bother collecting DMR mags if you don't have one yet. DMR mags are so plentiful that you'll easily trip over a couple of them no matter where you go.

If you actually want them, you won't find a single one. Ever.

This is actually coded into the game. Detect what weapons are being fired, despawn all ammo for them.

• Like 1

Oh great, now you've basically cursed me for the next time I find an m14 again.

Oh great, now you've basically cursed me for the next time I find an m14 again.

It's the only way to get rid of the curse, passing it on. Like herpes!

• Like 1

I love this gun and will drop an AS50 just to have it (but then again I do not really enjoy sniping). It is almost a good luck charm for me, whenever I get into a close range firefight with it I win, it really is underrated as a weapon and like you said you find ammo everywhere and the optics make it a great medium range weapon.

Edit: Nice to see other fans of the gun and that people also pick up ammo hoping they find the matching gun (whenever I find M240 rounds I always pick it up hoping I find a MK or M240 to go with it, it never works though).

Edited by Zombie Jesus

now I want one!

I'm using the L85 to help my squad spotting tangos, and have a FAL in my backpack in case things go hairy

Not true! I want the M14 and found a bunch of them, but the best one was one time I really wanted a DMR, the very second, to snipe some snipers on a hill. I ran into a fire station, all empty. Then as I climbed to the last floor, I said to myself, "let there be a DMR". And there was a DMR!

Not true! I want the M14 and found a bunch of them, but the best one was one time I really wanted a DMR, the very second, to snipe some snipers on a hill. I ran into a fire station, all empty. Then as I climbed to the last floor, I said to myself, "let there be a DMR". And there was a DMR!

And then you got shot, right?

EDIT: Please?

Edited by Max Planck
Otherwise it ain't fair

M14 + DMR is a winning combo, for sure. Ammo's plentiful and interchangeable, and as long as you have a sidearm that can use SD mags (M9, G17, PDW), zombies aren't really a problem for you. I'd say the Mk. 48 mod 0 beats the M14 in pretty much every category, though. 100-round belt that takes as much inventory space as 40 rounds of DMR ammo, automatic, same sight, power and noise. I hate the idea of my guy having the big MG though, it's like the .50cal rifles, it's just aesthetically jarring. M14 was my gun of choice in hardcore CoD matches, and it's my gun of choice here. Heck, I'm thinking about buying one so I can see how great it is in real life. Not a cheap rifle, though.

All I want for christmas is another M14 AIM....

I have a couple layin around. Any chance you happen to have an M4A1 CCO available?

I have a couple layin around. Any chance you happen to have an M4A1 CCO available?

I have that! Swap?

I have that! Swap?

I'll out do your offer and give him two of them.

I want a dragunov. talking to someone in takistan yesterday and i said this map should have dragunov's he said there in the game and then i said yesssss.

Back when the game had unlimited ammo, I enjoyed intentionally backing myself into a church with 2 friends (also with M14's) and killing off the entire population of Chernarus. :D (at least 300 kills per person)

Even without the exploit, ammo is easy to find. One of the best guns in the game all around, and unless I find an M107, I won't switch it out for anything short of an M4 SD.

Can't it be used with both DMR and 5.24 (or something like that) ammo? And the use with NVG's makes it real purty!

But as Pygmy said on first page, the dot gets in the way when long-ranging. I wish it'd come with a different scope sometimes, like the M107, the crosshairs are super thin, so they don't get in the way.

M14 is a double edged sword. While it features an optical scope and is accurate and powerful with large magazine, it is brightly colored and easy to spot, nullifying the purpose of Ghillie, only semi auto, and LOUD as balls. Zombies chase after you from yards away after firing it.

I always prefer M14 to FAL if I had to choose between the two, or any other semi auto rifle. But over a good full auto assault rifle with optics like M4A3? Not likely. Going to roll with the harder to see and less noisy gun with full auto over it for sure. Is the M4A3 less powerful? Absolutely. But that's when spray n pray comes into the strategy.

I've never found the M14 anywhere aside from Heli Crashes. I don't know if they only spawn there or possibly in the barracks as well.

Most commonly spawn at Heli's but I've found them in barracks twice so far... very possible someone swapped it there for something else, but I think it was spawned there.

Edited by cash4gold

Can't it be used with both DMR and 5.24 (or something like that) ammo? And the use with NVG's makes it real purty!

But as Pygmy said on first page, the dot gets in the way when long-ranging. I wish it'd come with a different scope sometimes, like the M107, the crosshairs are super thin, so they don't get in the way.

Yep, it uses DMR mags, but you can also convert 4 [or five] M24 mags for a DMR mag.

Yep,

m24, m14 + m9sd here, winning combo... "same" ammo for both.

And lets face it, semi auto is always better than full auto.. well maybe not in cod, but in dayz and in rl, full auto is just for wasting ammo. And with semi you can still shoot very, very fast.

I have found like 6 of these... 2 times in barracks(dropped or not..), 4 times from heli.. both times 2 of them from 1 heli.

Yep,

m24, m14 + m9sd here, winning combo... "same" ammo for both.

And lets face it, semi auto is always better than full auto.. well maybe not in cod, but in dayz and in rl, full auto is just for wasting ammo. And with semi you can still shoot very, very fast.

I have found like 6 of these... 2 times in barracks(dropped or not..), 4 times from heli.. both times 2 of them from 1 heli.

Although, for night missions I would go with the DMR, but yes, I agree. Although sometimes I may substitute the long range sniper for a silenced M4, if I don't have an M9SD.

Quick question, hoping not to derail the thread: I know I can turn a 1-shot revolver clip into a 7-shot M1911 magazine, so can I turn four 1-shot M24 clips into a 20round DMR mag? Can I turn a 1-shot DMR mag into four 5-shot M24 clips? Haven't actually tried it, figured someone might have done.

M14 remains a great gun, and if the dot bothers you, just score a DMR for long-range shenanigans and you're golden forever.

Quick question, hoping not to derail the thread: I know I can turn a 1-shot revolver clip into a 7-shot M1911 magazine, so can I turn four 1-shot M24 clips into a 20round DMR mag? Can I turn a 1-shot DMR mag into four 5-shot M24 clips? Haven't actually tried it, figured someone might have done.

M14 remains a great gun, and if the dot bothers you, just score a DMR for long-range shenanigans and you're golden forever.

Right click on the acp 'icon'/ and then click 'convert to ___'.

You can do the same with the m24 mags [you can also revert back from the DMR to the M24 clips].

M14 is my favourite gun of all. It is basically a powerful sniper rifle with great CQ-optics and firing rate almost comparable to full-auto ARs. Almost OP compared to most guns, no bullet drop until 400-500 meters, sniper-level accuracy, does more than twice the damage of most ARs and has the best sights in the game for close quarter combat. The recoil is surprising low, MUCH better than FN-FAL's. Also, it looks like a boss and sounds like a boss. There hardly any cons, except it is really loud. It will draw zombies and intimidate players from quite long distances.

It took me a long time to find one and I too was prepared to ditch any gun I had at moment for it. Eventually found one at helicrash, but kept the L85A2 AWS I was carrying too. Now I'm looking for another M14 to stash in my tent as a backup.