zak757

An-2 Colt (Large Biplane)

Any news yet? Maybe the whole thing about the plane not having the parts to repair it is a problem(planes only have hull I believe).

And in totally unrelated news, does anyone know if the new upcoming War Z has planes/helis or even some sort of vehicles for that matter?

I know that the An-2 has "damaged" texture, as well as broken glass. I don't see why repairing it isn't possible.

How do you plan to hide that thing???

Except for flying it faaar awaaaay in to wilderness?

Hmm. I suppose that's one advantage that the Huey has over the AN-2 in this game. Can't exactly just hide it in a clearing in the trees easily. Need about 50 to 100 m, and while it's possible, you run a huge risk in pulling up and stalling.

Still waiting for my chance to be a Bush Pilot. Still waiting to fly in medical gear/food/drinks to people in need! Also, float planes would be neat, they'd be really vulnerable (only so many places inland to land).

How do you plan to hide that thing???

Except for flying it faaar awaaaay in to wilderness?

I can think of a few places, since the map is 225 square km.

And if all else fails I'll just build a hangar out of sandbags ^^

Ofcourse there should be planes. Why shouldn't there be any planes at all? I mean come on let's think realistically here. It's a 225 square kilometers map with three airfields and not a SINGLE plane to find, not even any plane wrecks scattered across the map. Now that's unrealistic. Even if there would ever come a zombie apocalypse (Not saying that a zombie apocalypse is realistic but still), there'd still be planes around obviously. Lots of planes on an airfield actually. If not in good condition then atleast we'd find wreckages of it, wouldn't we?

A problem that I foresee with this is that people with various degrees of sniper rifles will camp the airfields even more since its pretty much the only place you can land. So picture this, assuming we have to repair a plane, you go through all the work, land it in Balota airfield, and while your coming to a stop, POW right through the windshield and you have now lost your plane....

Don't get me wrong I love you idea (see the first post on this thread) I'm just saying that this would most likely happen.

If they added parachutes you could paradrop a freind or two onto the ground to clear it out then you can land safely to refuel. But yes that may be a problem unless the pilot is really skilled so he can fly low and just get people to eject without killing them on the fall or on collision at high speeds.

id like to fly around the map helping newspawns get to thier camps if it can really land fully on beach,plains and city streets.

also would be great to attack tent cities by 12 paratroopers.

It may have to be 11 because someone needs to pilot the plane for evac if it goes bad.

Yes please. Imagine having 11 people parachuting above cherno :D

394653_466554863362507_1672380563_n.jpg

We have met one AN-2 during the weekend...

Edited by Blaf

It would be perfect, this and the civilian transport helicopter should definitely be added, to have a bit more air-activity on servers.

And still nothing confirmed, mentioned, or rejected by Rocket.

10 pages and 35 likes so far. If there was difficulty in implementing it, I'd at least like to know what is the problem.