zak757

An-2 Colt (Large Biplane)

Perhaps the parachute could replace the backpack slot so you would have to store your backpack in the Colt while you dropped in' date=' making parachuting not overpowered as if you want the tactical advantage of dropping out of the sky, you have to leave your extra supplies behind. Plus it is more realistic as parachutes, especially old ones, would be heavy and large.

[/quote']

I understand your reasoning here, but I'd have to say no to that suggestion. With how buggy equipment is right now, I'd be terrified to part with my pack under any circumstances. If it would DEFINITELY stay IN the airplane, and I could get it back later, I'd be fine, but as it is the airplane would probably eat all of the supplies out of the pack (cars do that now anyway if you put a pack in 'em).

Anyway, I love this. Great idea. Put that shit in. (I secretly just want to Kamikaze into a Huey).

its like youv'e taken everything i like and suggested it.

it should have the ability to land on water by upgrading it with say:

2 foam

2 wood pile

They should really do this. It would spawn in one of the hangers on any airfield. Of course, it would need to be repaired and such. It should have a very slim spawn chance though.

The only problem with this is that it would serve absolutely no purpose at all. I mean, what would you do with it? take off, fly around for a bit and land? Maybe it could be used as transportation from one airfield to another, but the airfields are the most high traffic areas on the map, especially for bandits!

It would be still be a cool vehicle.

Perhaps the parachute could replace the backpack slot so you would have to store your backpack in the Colt while you dropped in' date=' making parachuting not overpowered as if you want the tactical advantage of dropping out of the sky, you have to leave your extra supplies behind. Plus it is more realistic as parachutes, especially old ones, would be heavy and large.

[/quote']

That's a great idea! But there are already parachutes in Arma 2 aren't there? I know I used them, so that may not be to hard to do.

you could just leave your pack in a tent or another vehicle any ways. Sure it would very buggyish at first, but who cares? They can work it all out eventually.

I hope this thread gets the attention of the creators of this mod!

They should really do this. It would spawn in one of the hangers on any airfield. Of course' date=' it would need to be repaired and such. It should have a very slim spawn chance though.

The only problem with this is that it would serve absolutely no purpose at all. I mean, what would you do with it? take off, fly around for a bit and land? Maybe it could be used as transportation from one airfield to another, but the airfields are the most high traffic areas on the map, especially for bandits!

[/quote']

The Colt is a bush-plane. It can take off and land in clearings/fields/city streets if you're good. It's also a good glider, so cutting power and sliding into a clearing quietly is definitely doable.

id like to fly around the map helping newspawns get to thier camps if it can really land fully on beach,plains and city streets.

also would be great to attack tent cities by 12 paratroopers.

They should really do this. It would spawn in one of the hangers on any airfield. Of course' date=' it would need to be repaired and such. It should have a very slim spawn chance though.

[/quote']

1. Reconnaisance

2. Transport (airfields, fields, highways)

3. Tactical Insertion (in case of parachutes)

4. Storage

5. Air Taxi (for a price set by the pilot, enforced by guards)

6. Baiting Zeds and Bandits

7. Aerobatics!

This idea has got a lot of praise and alot of posts. Developer response would be nice some time.

Bringing this thread up. It still deserves more love.

Almost 150 positve posts so far. We are gonna push this through until the end :D or until a dev shoots the idea out of the air.

Maybe they don't read suggestions until the horrid bugs are ironed out?

Let's do this people.

Either way, I think this is pretty much one of the most-supported ideas on the forums.

Granted, the final say is rocket's but I don't see any harm in having the Colt in the game.

maybe we can get a poll at the stratingpost to vote for yes/no? would be great ;)