thelonewarrior

Dont play DAY Z today! Massive CD stealing while IN GAME

tbh punkbuster has done this before and a few times theyve been false poistives. no security is water tight but i do hope it is legit bans as DayZ is a hackfest on public servers. anyone who runs a server will tell you this with the amount of scripts people try to load 24/7 .

hopefully standalone isnt same or it will be dead in a month.

Whatever happens I do hope in ArmA 3 BE wont be doing the anti-cheat because so far i've only seen posts complaining about them and no posts congratulating them.

Or maby someone in the BE office just got dumped by their girlfriend and is taking it out on all the players of DayZ and ArmA.

Just what I thought, we may never find out whats happening.

• Like 1

I have been curious about something for a long time. Why don't server owners/devs make a script whitelist or blacklist?

we have blacklist actually lol.. about whitelist i dont know...

and when u see something like

"player was kicked by battleye "restricted script""

then he was kicked by trying to execute blacklisted script

Edited by Warrez

Unfortunatly many people who are thought to be 100% clean are actually passively ESPing and it's very hard to tell, we played with 2 hackers in our clan for 2-3 weeks. Both seemed like awesomely nice guys. We started suspecting when, by their own stupidity they were telling us things when it was impossible to tell/see. We only caught one of them after a massive set up operation involving a friendly fire incident where the offender jumped channels immediately to rage at the guy that killed him even though we had all been telling him on chat the "murderer" was with us 5,000 m away.

After this we confronted him and he said he paid $60 for his hack, we had absolutely no way of detecting it aside from what came out of his mouth making it clear he was ESPing. There was nothing in the logs for this guy at all out of the ordinary. Not sure if he got banned in the wave today or not.

From my point of view, on our server today from 22 people we saw 5 people insta-banned, however none of the 15 people in Teamspeak were banned.

I'm not sure what to say on this one, I wish I could support you, unfortunatly I do not have any evidence at all to back you up.

There is no way to prove it, I dont care about causing hysteria, as long as people know whats going on thats good enough.

They can play at their own risk, theres just no way that everyone in our server could have been a hacker when many of them are regular players to our private hive and we have never had any problems with anyting showing in the logs that point to them hacking, yet they still get a global ban

You should care about hysteria, when you have no proof of what you are talking about.

• Like 1

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO BATTLEEYE DEVS!!!!!!!!!

I think i may just load up DayZ today :)

According to BE, it's neither, just a massive ban wave.

Edited by Thane
  • Like 2

Didn't know there were hacks for that. I'm glad I've yet to run into anyone using those.

how would you know if they were using it?

Whatever happens I do hope in ArmA 3 BE wont be doing the anti-cheat because so far i've only seen posts complaining about them and no posts congratulating them.

Or maby someone in the BE office just got dumped by their girlfriend and is taking it out on all the players of DayZ and ArmA.

Just what I thought, we may never find out whats happening.

you will pretty much never see positive posts, only the people (hackers included) bitching. don't be fooled into taking that to mean the ac is shite.

• Like 2

Its been confirmed by an in-game battle eye message that there have been over 2000 global bans today. Battle eye is just cleaning house today, nothing to do with a hacker changing your key...

• Like 2

Ok thats fair enough, it could have just been our server panicking in the side chat as it seemed odd at the time for so many people to get global bans.

I still believe the people I play with were wrongly accussed, espiecally as one of them always destroys hacked gear and bans hackers a lot on our server. He is one who has no tolerance for hacking and hates cheaters so I doubt he would hack himself.

I could be wrong as ive kept sayung, but from the point of view of our server, every player suddenly getting banned like that rose some red flags.

We thought if it was a battleeye ban they would have banned everyone at the same time

I duno, last week I wasn't able to play because my CD just stopped working. It took little over a day for support at steam & BE to even reply. When they did it magically started working again.

I duno, last week I wasn't able to play because my CD just stopped working. It took little over a day for support at steam & BE to even reply. When they did it magically started working again.

sounds believable

Ah, maybe its safe to start playing again now a lot of the scripters are gone... :)

• Like 2

Massive amounts of hackers.

And massive amounts of bans.

It just doesn't add up...

• Like 6

Just so everyone is aware, if you have bough OA through steam, all you have to do to get your key back is run OA normally not through 6 launcher or dayz commander. Once you are in a server and playing on a key, however, even if yours get stolen and switched you wont get banned as you are still on the same key and they will get a "key is in use" error is they try and use it.

• Like 1

My partner and i just finished a 6 hour 20 minute session, bleeding eyes but a fuckton of fun :) Saw about four global and a couple of admin bans across two servers in all of that time. Funny thing is nobody in our group has ever been banned for hacking, probably because we don't.

Hackers..how you doin...

29qgq4x.jpg

Edited by Hetstaine
  • Like 8

Ok thats fair enough, it could have just been our server panicking in the side chat as it seemed odd at the time for so many people to get global bans.

I still believe the people I play with were wrongly accussed, espiecally as one of them always destroys hacked gear and bans hackers a lot on our server. He is one who has no tolerance for hacking and hates cheaters so I doubt he would hack himself.

I could be wrong as ive kept sayung, but from the point of view of our server, every player suddenly getting banned like that rose some red flags.

We thought if it was a battleeye ban they would have banned everyone at the same time

Then you were wrong. He has been using hacks as well, and probably justifying them to himself by telling himself they aren't the obvious scripts that torment people. He has been hacking as well, scripting, likely the more subtle ones that give him an advantage (no trees/foliage, map markers on, etc.) or has been scripting in equipment etc.

A LOT more people hack/script than is obvious. They won't be missed.

Edited by Slyder73

I can never understand why people think, ohh this is my friend, ive known him forever, and never even met them in real life....Ive got plenty friends but their all on the internet.

Get a life, you dont know if your so called best buddy is was a hacker

Ban more!!!!

It has been known for a while hackers can execute undectable scripts through external programs and force other players to get banned by making them execute the script.

BULLSHIT

• Like 1

kinda looks like obama

Yeh..sorry, that was my full serious look ;)