kernalpanic

Vehicle Not repairing

Date/Time: Random times over the coarse of a few days

What happened: Military Offroad will not repair regardless of tries. It is eating the part I am trying to repair it with, it's just not actually changing the status of the repaired part.

Where you were: Wilderness.

What you were doing: trying to repair the offroad. used 3 scrap metal parts and a fuel tank part.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1

*Server(s) you were on: US 16

*Your system specs:

Intel 2600K

590GTX

16 GB RAM

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Stole this Military offroad and is in bad shape (mostly red) I found lot of parts to repair it but every time I do a repair it doesn't change the status of the repaired part, it's eating the part so it should be repairing it. We've repaired other vehicles without issues but this one will not get better.

• Like 1

Interesting.

I too have been encountering this problem, only on the UH-1H though.

• Like 2

I suffer from the opposite. A vehicle will say it fully damaged yet when I repair something it fully fixes its self. I guess those mechanics are just buggy.

Edited by Shrimpy223

lol just happened to me again

wise to it this time wont do anything else untill severs restart

I have the same problem with an Mi-17. I repaired the main rotor and engine both disappeared from the action menu on the left side but when I jumped into the driver seat the main rotor and the engine were both still red.

At risk of necroing a tired thread, I'll say that I'm having this issue with the new "little bird" on my server. Neither one (AH6x_dayz or MH6x_dayz) seems to repair...the "vrotor" remains yellow, and they leak fuel to the point where they are inoperable.

Anyone had experience fixing this??

This happened to me three times. Once it got me killed when i spent four minutes circling the car that needed a wheel *which i had, and yes i had a toolbox* and it would only let me repair the windows. Even though i had no window glass. I got sniped.

In most cases, hitting the vehicle once with an axe or bullet will sync it to the server and allow you to repair normally.

• Like 3

Had the same problem, getting in and out of the vehicle everytime you repair or refuel seems to help.

I've heard that since the 1.7.6 update some servers are having issue's syncing to the database which could explain it, could be wrong there i'm no expert.

• Like 1

Had a new one I've never seen. Only thing bad on the red jetta was the fuel tank. It showed oj from the scroll wheel and took a jerry with nothing to show for it. When I got into the driver's seat it was showing red on the fuel tank but still oj outside. Went back, filled the jerry, repaired the fuel tank and no amount of fuel seems to be filling the tank. Waited for a restart, and still nothing. Ended up blowing the car up so hopefully next restart it can spawn working again.

Repaired fuel tank parts on the car, nothing happened

Repaired two wheels on the same car nothing happened

on lastest 1.7.6.1 version

I found lot of parts to repair it but every time I do a repair it doesn't change the status of the repaired part, it's eating the part so it should be repairing it. We've repaired other vehicles without issues but this one will not get better.

I suffer from the opposite. A vehicle will say it fully damaged yet when I repair something it fully fixes its self. I guess those mechanics are just buggy.

Have had both issues a lot here recently, versions 1.7.6 and version 1.7.6.1 only

Yes I suffer this same glitch. Repairing ONE glass/scrap metal part for chooper sometimes fixes the whole chopper OR sometimes it will just eat the part. Same thing with refueling, you might have to relog (close the game fully) to reduce risk of vehicle eating your part or jerrycan.

First off, be sure you have a tool box in your inventory, or it will not let you repair the vehicle.

If it only shows an option to repair certain parts, (eg. only able to repair a piece of glass) you must repair everything that shows up- if the specified part you're trying to repair isn't showing up. That may sound a little confusing so I'll give an example. Say you're trying to repair a vehicle's engine, but there is only an option to repair Glass 1 and Glass 2. You must first repair those two pieces of glass, then everything else will show up as an option to repair.

In most cases, hitting the vehicle once with an axe or bullet will sync it to the server and allow you to repair normally.

This. This is how it worked out for me on the server that i play on. I usually just shoot out whatever extra part i have, and then fix it.

I've had users tell me this as well. Give it a try, guys.

Thanks for the heads up, we'll be doing that from now on for sure. How frustrating to search for 4 tires, find them, and have the vehicle eat one!

100% working workaround :

Get in the vehicle as driver before you repair the parts, and it will work. The same for gas.

this.

On public hives, I have been encountering the same glitch where I repair a single a part and it repairs the whole thing.

All it needs is gas.

Here is how you fix vehicles as of this patch, but be prepared to go through a lot of windscreen glass!

As of the latest patch it seems like you will find a broken vehicle say with a broken wheel and engine, but everything else appears normally when you do visual check. Make sure you have a toolbox then get in the driver seat. By getting in the driver seat you tell the database that you are the "owner" of the vehicle and it seems less fussy with you fixing parts of the vehicle. Now, go to the spot on the vehicle where you can see what parts need fixing. It will say like "Repair Windscreen Glass 1", "Repair Windscreen Glass 2", etc etc. Fix these parts, after fixing these usually the vehicle goes 100% and you can operate it as normal. I do not know why windscreen glass is magical this patch but it is just something we need to deal with.

Additionally, if you break a wheel in town, you can do this process again, and usually when i bust a wheel, its telling me that windscreen 1 and 4 or something like that are broken and by fixing those, the wheels pop back on and i am good to drive again.

In short, fix the windscreen on vehicles first.