colekern

If you could change one thing about DayZ, what would it be?

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT SUGGESTING ANYTHING SHOULD BE CHANGED!!!!!

I was wondering what I would change in DayZ if I could change anything in DayZ instantly. Don't worry about budget issues, optimization issues, or any problems whatsoever. Just what you would want to add in. I'd like to add better graphics and more cities and enterable buildings to Cherno.

Edited by colekern

I would choose a DayZ world with no hackers. Just recently, I had been fragged down by a guy with a PDW with a suppressor. That's right, a gun not even in the mod of DayZ, but in the game ArmaA2. Also, on a more recent happening, I was looking for a wheel for a bus my new firend and I had been driving along the coast. We were currently in Balota. I saw a man in the distance with an M-14, I immediately took cover, and looked around to see if any other survivors were about. There were. There was a man with the hero skin in a van by a house, and for some odd reason he had a mask or something on his face. It was a smiley face I think. After I instincively say "friendly", I am told to "GET IN THE VAN" by a very decisive, and strong toned voice. I reluctantly got in the van and said "My friend was down the road with a bus, could you perhaps drive me to komorovo to find a wheel?". All of a sudden, the van is out in the middle of fucking nowhere, I have no idea what is happening, people start dying, I get shot in the leg, I'm bleeding... I bandage myself, I notice another person is alive, I ask "what the fuck is going on?" He says, "I don't know, bro". So, I ask him to help me out and give me a morphine, he says "... Ok". Moments later, he looks back at me and says, "good luck" and logs out, then all of a fucking sudden, I am sniped.

I hate hackers

Day Z with more enterable buildings with a bigger vareity of loot depending on the building type.

• Like 2

No hackers. Everything else about this game is awesome.

Everyone's going to say hackers/anticheat so I will choose adding a proper physics engine to the game

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

I lold at how you put in a disclaimer to protect yourself from fanboys who would rage at you if you implied the game wasn't perfect.

Ill put aside the obvious less hackers and look to the next thing I personally would like to see in the game...

1. Significant increase in Zombie difficulty (and numbers). Right now, once you get used to their mechanics you can pretty much ignore them. They offer no obstacle for me. I want looting and survival to be a challenge, which I don't believe it is. Even without using hacked/duped weapons there is way too much gear and its too easy to get because I can just run into a Major city and pick up everything I want. The only obstacle is hackers and snipers. I think the lack of Survival challenge components in this game and its insane loot chance drops are a major driving force behind the KOS and its restricting the game to death.

• Like 2

The entire fuckin' game!

Why are you playing it then?

• Like 5

Better zombie animations...the animations atm are a joke..and i break my leg when a zombie hits me once with 12000 blood? wtf

I lold at how you put in a disclaimer to protect yourself from fanboys who would rage at you if you implied the game wasn't perfect.

Yeah, I've been raged at in the past for not making my motives crystal clear. That's why I did it.

(hacker free version!!!!11!!1! lol who am I kidding)

Add some depth to the zombies, similar to left 4 dead. Not exactly the same of course, because tongue grappling zombies wouldn't fit in this game too well. However, giving them other abilities, such as the ability to grab onto your character and slow you down until you get it off of you. Or, give zombie groups the ability to dogpile on top of lone survivors and beat the living tar out of them. Basically, make the zombies dangerous enough that traveling alone would be suicide. Also, roaming zombie hordes out in the woods. Right now I can start my autorun macro and walk away knowing there are no zombies between me and my destination (to be fair, even if there WERE zombies, I could just let my char autorun past them anyway - hence my first point).

More ambient noises, to enhance immersion. S.T.A.L.K.E.R combined with the complete edition mods absolutely nailed this aspect I believe. Some of the shreaks heard at night time sent chills down my spine and even made me stop what I was doing. Absolutely amazing.

Daft as this will sound, I would Like the player selection screen to Put you into one of two teams, each end of the map and when you meet You can have some serious fun.

The Stalker idea was outstanding, never played a game like it since.

It won't matter too long, the Standalone is coming out soon!!

1. stop the weird random noises when in the forest, the amount of times i think what was that bang or are those footsteps, why rocket why?

• Like 1

I was gonna say some douchie thing like the community, but if i could change one thing it'd be "more". A sandbox where everything in it is able to be manipulated. More equipment, clothes, cars, enterable buildings, and more ways to effect the world around us.

As what smash said, real proper physics.

As what Wargunner said, more ambient noises to help immersion (if you sit in one spot for 15 minutes, you'll notice how all those chirping birds, branches rustling sounds are looped, and not just one or twice, a damn lot of times)

To add to that though, i want to see more variety in the zombies, not just the same "dumb" one.

Perhaps one (say an undead soldier) holding a gun and can fire it (of course it fires in arcs though, with the said thing lacking proper aiming skills).

Certain zombies that could see you in the dark.

A bullet sponge zombie.

Zombie birds (spawns anywhere and attacks in huge flocks).

etc.

Assuming the hacking situation will be drastically improved in the standalone, which it should... The main thing I'd like to see changed is the zombies. Yeah, the animations are bad, but I'd like to see them pose a much bigger threat. I remember when I first played the mod and didn't know about zombie mechanics, trying to sneak up and find food that I desperately needed was really tense and exciting. Now all you need is one double entrance building and looting the whole village is a non issue. I mean, even if just the pathfinding issue was fixed and zombies could run in buildings too, that alone would make a huge difference. Running around like a headless chicken wouldn't be the optimal play anymore. It would surely have an affect on PvP too.

• Like 1

More incentives to group up so that the senseless frag fest would ease a bit.

I'm all for some lonewolfing sociopaths axing / shooting people, but when such behavior represents 90% of gamers, then something is pretty bad.

1 - More enterable buildings, Lingor shows this well its smaller than Chernarus but the amount of stuff you can enter makes it feel as big if not larger (personally I will not buy standalone if it has more than about 10% sealed up buildings).

2 - Randomise loot (this requires #1 to have been done) makes loot maps worthless still have classes of building but randomise which buildings actually have stuff in them so people really have to go searching while they are looting.

3 - Make survival harder there are enough threads discussing that so I wont detail it here other than it will give the game some depth beyond the short time it takes an experienced player to gear up.

4 - Wipe the hive now make 107's and as50's rare its got silly that almost everyone now carries weapons that are very rare (I see more people with L85's than enfields) I even know a guy that started playing with 1.7.2.5 was given a duped L85 straight away along with the whole kit set and has literally NEVER had to try and survive (meaning to him this really is a slow paced COD), I suspect this is common.

5 - Combat hackers by giving server admins better powers. Ok there will be some madmins and badmins and some people unfairly kicked from a server but thats better than the state of public servers now.

6 - More civilian vehicles per server seriously from all the humvee wrecks in cheranrus it seems the place was full of movie star car fans before the apocalpyse yet all that survived are a handful of rusty skoda's....

7 - Make fuel rarer so it becomes a bit more prized maybe limit the number of cans a tank can fill and when its empty give it a 7 day cool down before it refills.

8 - Spawn the occasional Zombie in the woods just to make us loners jump.

9 - Add a BMP that is very hard to repair.

Ok thats 9 things but meh

Edited by wr6133

More incentives to group up so that the senseless frag fest would ease a bit.

I'm all for some lonewolfing sociopaths axing / shooting people, but when such behavior represents 90% of gamers, then something is pretty bad.

It's actually around 35%. I did a poll a while back.

It's actually around 35%. I did a poll a while back.

Everyone took that poll except me. I would like to see a lot of the high powered guns removed, they are a lot of fun but feel out of place. The average person wouldn't be able to use one of them properly or know what to do for procedures.

Edited by terrex