Hipax (DayZ)

Global ban transfered out of DayZ?

I got global banned on DayZ,and when I tried to play ACE/Lingor/Vanilla it transfered over. Is that normal?

Yes, they use the same cd key.

• Like 1

Thanks,But I was able to play normally for 3+ Days WITH my banned CD key.

Thats why I was a little confused.

Edited by Hipax

You were lucky. A global ban will stop you playing anything Arma related.

Yup and it is good.

Enjoy your ban.

Hopefully the bans will be ported over to the standalone also.

Bohemia should discuss with Steam about banning hackers steam accounts from buying another copy also.

• Like 1

Yup and it is good.

Enjoy your ban.

Hopefully the bans will be ported over to the standalone also.

Bohemia should discuss with Steam about banning hackers steam accounts from buying another copy also.

you know how bans work... right?
  • Like 1

I got global banned on DayZ,and when I tried to play ACE/Lingor/Vanilla it transfered over. Is that normal?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Sucks that you hackers can't be banned from any and all online game never to play again. You deserve this and soooo much more.

• Like 1

you know how bans work... right?

If the hacker bought the game from Steam or Sprocket it would be easy enough to prevent them from buying the game using that account again

as there is a record of the purchase/Key and they could prevent them from buying the Standlone from the same account.

VAC does that. You get banned across ALL games using the same engine as the one you cheated in.

So yes, it is possible if they were serious about spanking the hackers.

Edited by jblackrupert

Takes about 30 seconds to create a new steam account, not to mention DayZ doesn't even use VAC so that would be impossible.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Sucks that you hackers can't be banned from any and all online game never to play again. You deserve this and soooo much more.

Steam needs to do that instead of what they currently do, VAC bans only carry over to games that use the same engine.

I didn't meant to start some huge debate about anticheats,I was just bringing up that my ban took 3 days to transfer over :|

Hello there

I'm all for an entire range of games ban.

Cheat on Dayz, get banned for IFL, Arma, A2, OA, TOH, OFP, dayz standalone. etc etc.

That would make a script kiddie think twice.

Lord knows how it would be implemented though.

Rgds

LoK

You do realise how easy it is to create a new steam account right, not to mention DayZ doesn't even use VAC

Better then doing nothing.

The harder they have to work, the sooner they get tired and play elsewhere.

As for Battleye bans....... They can be ported over when the purchase was made from a Sprocket or Steam account because

there is a record of the Ban/Account/Key..... Bohemia and Steam simply lock the account from buying it another copy or the Standalone when it appears.

Even further, they can bar any credit card number that was used to purchase the game that was hacked.

How do you port over bans when you have no possible way of linking them?

• Like 1

If you can't figure it out there's no point even trying to explain it again.

Battle-eye has a list of banned acount keys

Steam has a list of steam users and which account key they purchased with what credit card

Put the two together

Most cheaters buy their keys from cheap third party websites.

I doubt Steam would ever start banning users because the credit card they used was also used to purchase a different game that has previously been banned by a different anti cheat service, apart from being ridiculously easy to circumvent using a different payment method, how would this possibly work with adding keys to steam not purchased via steam, gifting games to other people on steam etc? If I gift someone a copy of DayZ and they cheat, do I suddenly lose all my games purchased with that CC?

Not to mention the DayZ mod doesn't need steam at all, and we have no idea if the standalone game will either. It's a flawed solution that would be impossible to implement.

Edited by smasht_AU

You can't prove that he was hacking.

Most cheaters buy their keys from cheap third party websites.

If the keys werer originally bought from bi, then surely they can (theoreticaly) dictate terms of sale (if this is a legitimate business)

I doubt Steam would ever start banning users because the credit card they used was also used to purchase a different game that has previously been banned by a different anti cheat service, apart from being ridiculously easy to circumvent using a different payment method, how would this possibly work with adding keys to steam not purchased via steam, gifting games to other people on steam etc? If I gift someone a copy of DayZ and they cheat, do I suddenly lose all my games purchased with that CC?

Not to mention the DayZ mod doesn't need steam at all, and we have no idea if the standalone game will either. It's a flawed solution that would be impossible to implement.

It might well be flawed (or not perfect), but i can't see how it's impossible to 'port the bans' to steam

If you wanted to stop every steam account that was battle-eye banned from purchasing the new dayz game through steam, you could, by the linking the two lists i mentioned.

People get banned for hacking in a game. Banning them in games they haven't hacked in is unfair.

In the same way, if you go into a restaurant and sh1t on a table, you should only be banned from that table. It would be *unfair* for the restaurant to ban you from all their tables