rocket

IF this was an actual game...

I would prefer a single game purchase. I am very wary of "free-to-play" as it seems to me to be an effort to hide the true cost of things.

i dont see a monthly subscription working. not with perma death and item loss. it works for harsh mmos like eve because you advance your character and retain your skills upon death.

dayz though is purely item based. i dont think i would pay monthly to play.

game purchase (or as DLC as mentioned)

studio with close community input (like this alpha test)

kickstarter? why not :)

Edited by okarr

If DayZ makes it as a standalone title (which I would buy instantly) I would like to see it as a one time purchase. A subscription fee or F2P model would not work with this type of game at all, a one time purchase is the only way I can see it being successful.

Game purchase only, or a GW2 model. Which is basically just that, but with some microtransactions. As long as the microtransactions were for purely cosmetical stuff, it would be alright. The problem is that when companies see the possible revenue from microtransactions, they get greedy..

Game purchase only.

Studio Developed.

Kickstarter.

I am not against micro transactions for purely cosmetic items, but they need to drop like all of the regular loot when you die.

Game purchase, studio developed

otherwise it will be

Game free and community developed

And it has to offer a lot more than it currently does, because this game has more potential than just beeing a pvp game with zombies in it.

Def purchase. I don't think monthly fees appeal to people who play this game, ie people who play arma, battlefield, call of duty, left 4 dead.

Studio dev.

Also micro transactions for aesthetics is ok wit me.

Kickstarter is good too

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX
  • Like 1

Id gladly pay a one time full game price because I know this game can pull that off. Monthly fees are a thing that keeps people away from trying new things and results in smaller playerbase in my opinion.

For once I would really like to see studio developed with a large community input. Dont ignore the people who play the game D:

Studio and community servers because its always nice to know you have your own place to go to with friends but locking out your server should not be allowed. It becomes a cheap farm server.

Kickstarter can help alot, im sure many would love to support more then happily.

Game purchase. Perma death, item loss, and rage make other methods unsustainable

Studio developed, as long as the communication continues to be strong with the community. More chefs don't make a better soup. But more resources being studio developed could mean a whole lot more crazy shit in the game (good crazy).

Both server systems are fine to me, depending on how serving hopping is curbed..

Kickstarter, yeah I'd do that.

Game purchase only.

Stuido

Kickstarter = yes

Sorry, but both me and my friends feel paying the usual standard price for a game once is enough. I've grown tired of playing games requiring subscriptions (yeah yeah they need constant flow for servers blah blah and updates blah blah blah), but I feel this could be a very popular game in the long run, so with enough purchases you get more than enough money to make dlc in the future (thus more money), with some on the side.

Game purchase only.

Community Developed.

Paid for mod / expansion for ARMA 3... With additional landmasses to explore for those with DLC - for example - the ability to get a boat and head east from Chernarus landing on the west coast of Everon

I've never liked F2P although in games like Tribes Ascend it works - not for this though. It's a fad right now.

Anything that detracts from the realism/survival aspect of Day Z will turn me off

Edited by ScramUK

One time game purchse, f2p item stores (even if cosmetic) turn me away from games.

Studio developed and a Kickstarter.

In regards to the server control topic, perhaps only allowing persistence on Studio controlled servers? Community servers could still be hosted but with cross server persistence removed. Would allow for greater control over hoppers but allow clans and community groups to run their servers with a more unique flair.

Game purchase.

You're not providing the content you're providing the sandbox the way I see it. I'm willing to pay monthly to an MMO because they have to make PvE, quests, maintain servers etc.

Free to play is fine for games with classes and roles or "heroes" like in MOBAs I feel, where you can "max" a few classes/heroes/whatevers and compete with people dropping hundreds of dollars but not this one so much. Sell cosmetic stuff if you need cash.

Studio Developed. This is a great idea but it's needs professional polish to be a great game.

For servers, just allow community servers no matter what even if you want to run some "official" ones. Locking this game down after it started as a mod with community servers supporting it would be a gigantic "fuck you" to all the people that put up servers and got them working I feel like. PC Gaming is about community servers to me. People like to run their own servers, have a little "home" for their clan, with their settings and their rules and it's nice to have a variety of server options, mods, etc.

Edited by trashcanman

Game purchase only

I would love if it was like Minecraft your account Premium and you can play online servers etc..So you are pretty much buying the game for once then its yours forever, I hate when you have to pay once a month so no WoW style

I dont want the game free because you guys need to earn something for all the hard work you guys have earned.

Studio developed-Yes

Kick starter-Yes

Edited by DeTaiLz

Game Purchase would be best but on the other hand i would be happy with it as an "expansion / dlc" for Amra 3 "guess that the new standalone would be ported to amra's 3 engine" but as u have been saying in interviews some of the "spawning mechanics just are nor well suited for amra's engine,

i think it should remain "indie" to help keep it out of the BS that comes with studio's "rushing games out and what not"

if the "minecraft modle goal" is not looking like it would work, then i would say go with kickstarter

also as for servers depends on how you want to servers to work. i would like to see a map and server that could hold large numbers of players, like 200 odd and have those server apart from normal community hosted servers. A, to help prevent server jumping and ghosters to keep them more like a "hardcoreish like server" so you can't just gear up on an empty server, then to go to a 200 man server just trying to kill all with the as50 B. for a more intense experience, as at the moment when u head north you can not run into a signal person for days. i think a larger server would be good for that and make it more fun.

so yer both commity servers for every day fun, then a a few central servers for the more hardcore fun that are more tightly controlled and i would pay a low fee to be able to join a server like that if it would be requried eg £5 for the month to play on a biger controlled server that had there own charters on them

As far as I can see

- Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez)

- Game purchase only? (Guild Wars stylez)

- Free to play, buy your shit?

I personally don't really dislike F2P, but I think that it would severely impact the nature of the game. If I can buy survival with real life cash, that undermines the game logic.

I also don't think monthly fees are necessarily bad, but they add administrative overhead and would only really be justifiable if you host the servers yourself -- which I'd advise against for practical reasons.

Classical "purchase" of the game may be the best option, including perhaps the alpha-/beta-purchase model.

- Community developed or studio developed?

This question is, I think, a bit misleading. I do not think you mean "open source everything" vs. "closed shop." I think you mean: "continue the current close interaction with the community" vs. "let's do our thing until we're happy, release and react to feedback then." If this is what you mean: option (a). More broadly, I'd also like to see a lot of input from the community, perhaps including people with expertise contributing whole modules etc.. This may be helped by allowing standalone servers on which people can experiment.

- Community or studio servers? or both?

As someone who hosts a few, I would be very sad to see community servers go -- although I think it would increase security and integrity of the game. I would not, if I was you guys, burden myself with having to host servers, though.

It may be an option to team up with resellers (in a trusted reseller model). Alternatively, the server will have to be made more resilient. I think there should be an option for local databases, too, not because I'd personally want it, but because it is (a) inevitable and (B) encourages further modding and development. (see above)

- Kickstarter? or not?

I like Kickstarter, I really do -- I've supported many game projects on it over the last few months and I've coordinated a kickstarter campaign recently, but I think it is a mistake to use Kickstarter unless you have an established infrastructure or easy ways to provide boni. If you use Kickstarter now, you will get a lot of money, no doubt, but you will also have substantial issues procuring the necessary boni for the players. At this scale, even the production of T-Shirts becomes a hassle and I do not think in-game boni are really a good idea (see the F2P issue).

Game purchase only! Less hackers - script kiddies!

Studio, but community must be taken seriously!

Actually, it's perfect the way it is right now! Some bug fixes, one or two new maps and nothing more :)

Edited by Sputnik

I agree with you that Pay to win is very bad! So dont do that!

- Purchase once, Adopt Guild Wars style expansion purchases.

- Studio, But never stop listening to your player based.

- Kickstarter this up by all means.

But all in all this is your baby, you are gonna have to raise it the way you want, no matter how many spankings you will have to give the community.

Free Download & Expansions

$1.99 per life, with ten free starter lives. Bulk discounts for large life purchases.

Studio development.

Studio servers.

Kickstarter.

I think monthly memberships would scare a lot of people off.

and paying for each life?? really???

• Like 1