rocket

IF this was an actual game...

Shit is gettin serious.

If this was made as a stand alone game' date=' or as part of some particular existing game, what kind of consumer model would you want to play it on?

How would you rather pay for it?

- Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez)

- Game purchase only? (Guild Wars stylez)

- Free to play, buy your shit?

- Something else?

Also:

- Community developed or studio developed?

- Community or studio servers? or both?

- Kickstarter? or not?

Please try and stick to short sentences, its much easier for me to get broad feedback.

[/quote']

Game purchase only. It's just not big enough to sustain a monthly fee. This aint no WoW who have millions of players paying monthly. This has 200,000 unique players, which you can't guarantee they would pay for yet another pay monthly thing.

Also

- Don't really care as long as I get the game tehe

- Community server and studio servers. I want to be able to creat my own server, so my youtube fanbase can play along side me or even against me.

- Yes kickstarter

- Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez) - HELL NO, I'll never pay subscription for any game no matter the awesomness level it could reach

- Game purchase only? (Guild Wars stylez) ----> YES.

- Free to play, buy your shit? ---->YES. As long as it's no Pay2Win.

Also:

- Kickstarter? or not? ----> YES, You'd definetly be getting my money for this.

Please for the love of God do not let *any* studio near this. As soon as studios and publishers are involved then it becomes about profit. More profit equates to more people, which equates to dumbing down, which equates to easier, which equates to not the experience we love right now.

If you decide to cash in dayz I wouldn't blame you, everyone would like a fat wallet. But it would be a great shame to lose such a unique and unforgiving game.

One-time only.

Or - if this were to become a monthly fee based game - I would certainly expect highly professional run servers with enough capacity for everyone to connect and play lag free anytime they want to.

And I dont mean only the central database server... this for sure would have to include gaming servers relatively close to my location (at least same continent).

All servers administrated by the company who gets the monthly cash - certainly not by some random dudes kind enough to donate hosting who can decide to turn a server off anytime, alter settings at will, introduce arbitrary rules to their personal liking and all the other nice stuff.

Game purchase (one-time) if external means of income are possible.

Being poor makes it difficult to pay monthly :\

Buy stuff that you lose when you die? That would be hilarious. I guess you could do skins or something.

But seriously, the F2P option is absolutely terrible. Paying money for an advantage over other people is so sleasy. It astounds me that people don't recognize it for what it is. And this game will likely never be worth a monthly subscribtion, not that it's a bad thing since they also suck.

As for Studio or Community, yeah, I don't know. Developer's call. Rocket's vision for the game will be distorted and the less whoring, which studios would incentivise, the better, I say. So probably community.

Game Purchase Only. No way would I pay monthly or buy stuff in-game.

Community Developed equals a better game.

Any servers I don't mind.

I would pay for this once. Subscription model does not make much sense since the actual game servers are player run.

Micro-transactions seems to suit this game very poorly.

I am hoping for indie development on this project, with a few more people working on it. The community should definately be involved but "held at bay". Not listening to your community is a huge mistake but listening to them too much is an even bigger one.

Kickstarter certainly seems like the way to go these days, so many success stories there. I would pitch in and I know I could sell this to probably 20 friends or so.

As a fully fledged game i think you can probably get away with any of the choices posted in the OP.

if it was an mmo you'd have to seriously rework the entire thing, the game world would have to be larger and there would have to be grindable stats and levels for it to have any sort of replayability or just longevity, there would have to be SOMETHING other than 'survive', and ofc you'd have to move from anti-game to actual game and tailor it to a larger crowd in order to actually make a profit. also permadeath wouldn't work in an mmo i don't think, even eve isn't that brave most ppl that get screwed over in eve just quit.

as for keeping it the way it is will probably cost you less, some sort of cosmetic market buying skins and such could probably hit off, really depends on internal factors like, do you have the resources to have artists working on skins and is it cost effective.

I would probably buy a stand alone DayZ if it was mmo or like it is now on separate servers. a full game with support and all the goodies that are planned i could see it being worth at least the price of arma 2, i would happily pay £25 for a standalone DayZ, hopefully that would mean it runs on its own engine which would probably make it considerably better/smoother having been designed for the game instead of working from another engine like now..

how its funded well that would be over my head, they probably all have good pros and some cons. personal preference i would say.

Pay once $30-50

or

Monthly fee no more than $10

Also:

You're doing great as is now as the developer. A big studio (EA/Ubi) WILL lose my business on principle alone.

Universal rules on community servers. Option for reserved slots would be nice if community servers. Other wise no opinion (I just want to play).

Kickstarter would be a great option for US players, though UK/EU people wouldn't be able to help afaik.

Game purchase only (BIS) as they are the only company who can do this well.

Stuido Developed With heavy community input from this alpha.

Studio ran servers. (You cant trust Joe public)

Would BIS need kickstarter ?

Game purchase only.

Studio Developed.

Kickstarter.

On the studio developed note... a community thinks it knows what it wants...but it doesnt.

Your vision is the best guide.

Id toss money in for a kick starter and I would buy this game if it were standalone.

Game purchase only - monthly fee will shake off a lot of consumers, and a good F2P model will be very hard to pull off with a game of this nature.

Studio Developed - You've done a great job so far so I can hope you continue doing so.

Kickstarter - Do you really need this? If you do I would happily do it

Studio Ran Servers - best way to ensure server stability and fair play.

- Game purchase only. (Guild Wars style)

Nobody needs yet another monthly fee.

Microtransactions only work if it's for cosmetic things such as skins. Buying actual Gear (Weapons, large backpack and so on) just gives people an unfair advantage.

Studio developed. (So long as Rocket remains in control and isn't forced to "compromise" with it.)

Studio servers if it you're giving us a much larger map and allow a few hundred people in. Community if they are sticking around the same.

Kickstarter, yes a funding boost for a "new" project is always nice. Plus I'd just like to see the sort of things you'd give a special edition.

One time fee, no need to kickstarter it as you have enough of a following already to use the minecraft model.

Shit is gettin serious.

- Game purchase only? (Guild Wars stylez)

Also:

Either IDC.

- Community or studio servers? or both?

Both, provided that the community servers are under very strict rules.

- Kickstarter? or not?

Don't know what you mean here sorry

I'm not totally opposed to the Free 2 play model, but nearly every free 2 play game atm is very far from being actually Free 2 play.

Game purchase only. (I'd never pay for a subscription service' date=' and F2P with purchased items is purely imbal.)

Studio developed. (Professional. There's no need to involve a community in the development process.)

Kickstarter. (Extra cash on the side never hurt.)

(Super excited to hear that it's gettin' serious, you deserve it entirely. :D)

[/quote']

THIS

Wow or Gw style or both.

Micro transactions would defeat the whole point of the game, wouldn't it?

Studio deved means the possibility of the armaness being rid of right? This game deserves to feel like it own game.

- Game purchase only (Guild Wars stylez)

Also:

- Community developed or studio developed? I don't care.

- Community or studio servers? Both.

- Kickstarter? or not? I don't care.

Game purchase only.

Studio Developed. (Like Riot though, listen to your community it never hurts)

Kickstarter.

-Single time purchase, whether this is done as a stand alone expansion ($20-40) or as a DLC ($5-15) would depend on the scope of the final product really. As it stands I think it is more in line with a DLC, but that doesnt mean that the potential isnt there to be a stand alone game.

Free to play with purchased items wouldnt work, imo, with this type of game. Why spend money on a weapon that you will lose in 30min when you die? And if these purchases are made static for every time you spawn then the entire idea of Permadeath and death having meaning get thrown out the window. Not to mention the imbalance issues that would be brought into the picture.

And the idea that this would merit a monthly subscription is ludicrous. I don't see any possible way that this could merit that type of fee, and as far as I am aware no FPS charges a subscription fee (for good reason).

As for servers that is tricky. Studio servers would tend to be more stable and would always be up to date. However it is more costly for the company to do this, where as players renting and their own servers can support the game even 10 years from now when the studio has lost interest.

game purchase only would be wonderful.

micro transactions would ruin part of the experience for me.

- Community developed or studio developed? no preference.

- Community or studio servers? or both? both would be ideal

- Kickstarter? or not? no preference, but I'd support a kickstarter project.