rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

Has the "respawning at the beach with no gear" glitch even been addressed yet? I mean, props to you for fixing the tent and vehicles but in my opinion the no gear respawn glitch was of more urgent need of attention. It seems to occur more often these days. I'm honestly hesitant and afraid to log in because of this. Please fix this issue as well.

I wont torrent... well not w/o a VPN or proxy!

Torrent is 100% legal for stuff like this. Torrent protocol isnt illegal. Sharing copyrighted stuff is.

• Like 1

It's important to many players. I want to know how much Blood and Humanity I have and how many Zombies I killed (so I can brag)! Please fix it soon!

press "I" and u see the toplist of the best scorer on the server, when ur in ur good enough if not try to kill more zeds ;-)

Why people don't just use DayZ Commander is beyond me. It's great.

torrent SUCKS. why cant we just get a .rar like we used to? 6updater SUCKS. dzcommander SUCKS. auto update stuff SUCKS. who knows what kind of shit its really doing. what happened to the manual install anyway? some of us can actually handle it and prefer it. torrent requires another program and some of us are not willing to do that.

reminds me of internet explorer, SUCKS. at least have the option.

Why does it suck? Get your head checked if you think it's doing some freaky shit with your net. I agree, I too prefer the manual way of doing things - but I found to actually enjoy dayzcommander, it worked first time and I can choose a whole bunch of options.

Edited by LoneMerc2
  • Like 3

Need non-torrent version plz

torrent SUCKS. why cant we just get a .rar like we used to? 6updater SUCKS. dzcommander SUCKS. auto update stuff SUCKS. who knows what kind of shit its really doing. what happened to the manual install anyway? some of us can actually handle it and prefer it. torrent requires another program and some of us are not willing to do that.

reminds me of you must use internet explorer. SUCKS. at least have the option.

Why people don't just use DayZ Commander is beyond me. It's great.

Why does it suck? Get your head checked if you think it's doing some freaky shit with your net. I agree, I too prefer the manual way of doing things - but I found to actually enjoy dayzcommander, it worked first time and I can choose a whole bunch of options.

obviously you have no idea.

why should i have to use it anyway? the biggest reason i dont want to use it because: i dont want to. i shouldnt need to explain a reason to you beyond that. its kind of my up to me, isnt it?

its great for some people, i just want the option. like we used to.

Edited by sivart

Hello compadres.

I've gone a few pages back and weeded out most of the one-word posts, picture posts, off-topic arguments and rage spam from the thread.

A few warnings were given out as well.

Remember that this is where we give feedback on the patch, not a fridge to hang your meme pictures on or a proving ground for angry word gladiators.

Please stay on topic and abstain from personal insults.

finally! some moderation that doesnt end in the word "locked"

rock on

• Like 1

reminds me of internet explorer, SUCKS. at least have the option.

Are _YOU_ willing to pay for the bandwidth? If yes, then I guess they can release it on a FTP for you after you purchase a server that can handle the occasional load, and has enough BW.

Torrent saves _ALOT_ of bandwidth cost.. And no, torrent does NOT suck, the fact that you even state that means you havent got a fucking clue.

Torrent means you have to share, which is a good thing. (You upload what you have downloaded)

At this current time, I've shared 13.8 GB while only downloaded the 139 MB that DayZ is. Why do I do this? WHY THE FUCK NOT....

Not everyone has alot of upload BW. But even 5kB/s is better than sharing 0.Imagine the server power you would need to serve tens of thousands of users.. And you only need that power once in a while.. What a waste.. No, torrent is the way to go.

Edited by AndreasB
  • Like 5

If you're too lazy to search the first few pages for a direct download link you deserve to be ignored and made fun of.

You will get the files in the most convenient and cheapest way for the developers, which is a torrent. If you want them in some other way, how about donating 50-100$ a month for a server with enough bandwidth for those regular downloads? The bandwidth is not free, you know.

With torrents, people around the world can hop in and help out offering parts of the files from their computers.

Here's a direct download link: http://savedonthe.ne...ayZ-1.7.2.6.zip

my torrent stats:

torrent.png

Over 3000 people are actively offering Dayz to people that want it ... you can't beat that with regular direct downloads.

Edited by mariush
  • Like 1

To all the people complaining about the Debug monitor being on it's way out... it's called a DEBUG monitor for a reason! To DEBUG the game! It's in alpha ffs. You don't see debug "features" in release or usually even beta versions of games so consider yourselves lucky you've had it for this far!

People don't care about the size of your e-peen except for you, but you're welcome to personally keep track of how many bandits/players you kill on your own. Being a usually friendly survivor myself I know I will be keeping track for each of my survivors lives. The only useful stat on that monitor anyway is the blood count, and that can still be approximated from the colour of your screen and the blood icon; if you can't guess that you're in bad shape from those two cues then there's no helping you sorry!

On a more positive note, great job rocket and crew, I can't wait til my local servers get the latest version!

• Like 2

Gotta give props that this update looks like a winner! I can now play again (couldn't get onto servers since 1.7.2.4) and loading up was very fast for me. Vehicles and tents saving too, looks like we're headed in the right direction. IMO rocket should take his time on 1.7.3 and release that when its ready, not worry about any more hotfixes unless this latest update creates some unknown bug

• Like 1

...who knows what kind of shit its really doing...

I know, I know!! It's updating the DayZ files.

You're welcome.

• Like 2

I know, I know!! It's updating the DayZ files.

You're welcome.

im talking about torrent itself. its been around a looong time and its a well known carrier...

seems like a lot of you are new at this computer internet shit. doesnt matter what you say, i just dont trust it, and dont have to.

can you please stop this pointless insults/rants/ "discussion".

just use one the many direct links posted in this thread.

jesus, what is wrong with ppl ? (please don´t answer, this is a rethorical question)

Edited by Broter
  • Like 3

I do have a question, may be coincidence, but I saw a BUNCH of tents last night while playing; at one point 2 in one grocery store, and another in a house around the corner. Could they be there to encourage testing of tents, or was this just random chance? Unfortunately I was killed before I was able to test them. Haven't had a chance to test any new features/fixes yet since graphical glitches were extremely limited for me anyway (and it took a couple weeks before I saw one at all on *.5).

im talking about torrent itself. its been around a looong time and its a well known carrier...

seems like a lot of you are new at this computer internet shit. doesnt matter what you say, i just dont trust it, and dont have to.

And no one cares about your whining and your complaints. You can choose one of two ways of downloading the update. If you don't want to, then it's your problem. Pretty much everone else seems to be fine with using torrent/7z. Hopefully some admin will clear the thread of all the trolling posts.

• Like 3

If you're too lazy to search the first few pages for a direct download link you deserve to be ignored and made fun of.

You will get the files in the most convenient and cheapest way for the developers, which is a torrent. If you want them in some other way, how about donating 50-100$ a month for a server with enough bandwidth for those regular downloads? The bandwidth is not free, you know.

With torrents, people around the world can hop in and help out offering parts of the files from their computers.

Here's a direct download link: http://savedonthe.ne...ayZ-1.7.2.6.zip

my torrent stats:

torrent.png

Over 3000 people are actively offering Dayz to people that want it ... you can't beat that with regular direct downloads.

2.2 o.O!! You know utorrent is at 3.2 now right?

EDIT: Current uploaded is 14.2 GB now

Edited by AndreasB
  • Like 1

Have had an issue where vehicle fuel drops to zero on server restart. Sorry if this is already mentioned.

Bit of a fucker having to put 60 jerrys back into the chopper...

BAF doesn't load in because it is blocked by mistake.

Please unblock? :o

Add the AS50 TWS to the block list while you're there......

Edited by IMF2000

The haunting graphical artifacting keeping me away from that which we do not name is gone for me.

Also the same at the airfields (Balota and NW).

Thanks!

Your servant,

Weld

Yeah man, you know so much about computers that you're afraid of torrents. You must be some kind of genius.

• Like 3