rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

Weird... We tested the hotfix for 2-3 hours on the dev's server earlier, and no one has got artifacts at all! :/

What video card are you testers using? Artifacts may not pop on 1-2 GB higher end cards... Also, are you testing with default settings or did you try some of those "fixes" like disabling multithreaded rendering or stuff like that?

I'll test it later today with my Radeon 4850 that has only 512 megs of ram. My character should still be near stary night...

Does flushing really not work for anyone getting artifacts. Whenever I got them on 1.7.2.5 flushing got rid of them, sometimes it took one or two flushes though. Good job on the update rocket, hope it fixes peoples problems.

My friend is still getting artifacts but they are brown in colour and harder to see through. This is not from dead soldiers though, that seems to be fixed, but from barbed wire still.

Yes, vehicles and tents fixed. I just missed that from the notes.

Last weekend I was at PAX Prime in Seattle, weekend before I was at Gamescom in Germany. That's two burned weekends in a row. And I just arrived back from a trans-atlantic flight, so cut me a little bit of slack :) I'm tired :)

I am curious, by 'fixed' do you mean that the saving action works correctly or do you mean they are 'fixed' as in they auto-save when an item is removed/added so they cannot be used to dupe everything on the server x100.

Well, maybe a new kind of fooked? Im not all good yet, now when I try to join a server even with the new update to match mine, it says....

Files “c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

operation arrowhead\expansion\beta\expansion\dta\bin.pbo” ,

“c:program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

Operation

Arrowhead\expansion\beta\expansion\dta\languagecore.pbo” are

Not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this

server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys

Any clue/help anyone?

Great work thanks a bunch.

[Help]

-To instal this hotfix, i download the link given top of the post by rocket?

-I just run the instal and thats it?

Thanks in advance if anyione helps, im really suckish with patching and the works.

Just download the torrent and copy that content (all files) into the "@DayZ" folder you have in you arma folder(In my case, steam installation folder and operation arrowhead folder in games).

Before copying you can delete/cut previous files to differend folder as backup.

ps. OR you can download DayzCommander and update through that.

Edited by Zeppa

Shame there's no manual download as i cant use the other methods..

Hopefully soon

Shame there's no manual download as i cant use the other methods..

Hopefully soon

Read the thread. Multiple people have posted direct download links.

Rocket and team, thanks for the update!

Have you thought about getting a community manager to be your mouthpiece? It's a pain to stalk you on different sites to try and get the full picture. You wouldn't even have to pay them. People will volunteer for it, and worship you for giving them that forums power. Don't get discouraged, and keep up the good work!

i went and put a tent down and put some gear into it then logged out for 20 mins when i come back in all was ok and tent has saved and all the gear inside was a ok so looking good peeps

i went and put a tent down and put some gear into it then logged out for 20 mins when i come back in all was ok and tent has saved and all the gear inside was a ok so looking good peeps

That would have happened in 1.7.2.5 too. The problems only occurred when the server reset.

• Like 1

i couldnt care less..

Wait, hold on....

Is this.. someone using the correct form of this phrase? On the INTERNET!?

• Like 3

What i´ve noticed so far is:

-somethings wrong with the HUD

No more white cross, when bleeding

thirst, hunger and temp isnt going to red anymore

the view and noise hud shows us allways quiet and non-visible

+the game is running soooooooooooo smooth, awesome!

played two hours right now.

Thx rocket :)

Edited by TR!PLE

Oh dang it. I do appreciate the attempt to correct the "infinite ammo convert" bug. However, it is still possible to gain infinite ammo for the M14 Aim by converting the clips :/

There is a bug with the new version, if you use the DEBUG UI your food/drink monitors won't go red. They will all stay green. Temporary fix so far is to use the DEFAULT UI without the debug box.

• Like 1

Sweet. So perhaps my buddy running over my tent yesterday actually has a consequence.

Looks good everything works (on my private hive servers so I have no idea if it works for the rest).

Placing a tent gave me a namespace error tough. After I clicked it away I was able to place it and do some saves (checked the db everything seemed to work)

What video card are you testers using? Artifacts may not pop on 1-2 GB higher end cards... Also, are you testing with default settings or did you try some of those "fixes" like disabling multithreaded rendering or stuff like that?

I'll test it later today with my Radeon 4850 that has only 512 megs of ram. My character should still be near stary night...

Don't know for the other ones, but i have a GTX 590. At first i had the "hotfix" for artifacts for one hour. Then i disabled it and tested all differents graphics settings.

No artifacts at all in Berezino/Tcherno/Balota in any setting... Didn't have to flush too! I don't think all the testers had high end graphics cards but none of us had artifacts with dead soldiers or Barbed wires... Maybe some server-side glitches with old barbed wires?

• Like 1