mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Yes please remove it.

If it stays in game it NEEDS a decay timer to go away (rust) in the weather naturally because right now it doesn't stop zombies and is purely a griefing tool.

Yes. Everyone who says no clearly haven't played the game long enough to understand what it does to the game at this stage, or are trolls themselves placing them wherever they find them just because they can/in the walls.

Apologies for not agreeing with the people that want to play an easier game. I've seen no issues and have ran into it many times.

• Like 1

Remove it. At the moment its just broken.

If better base building stuff comes later it can be brought back.

Yes, remove them. They are only used for griefing players. Even after server restarts it takes only a coupple of minutes before all doorways are blocked. Its the only annoying thing with this game.

If its fixed, then no.

If it remains as-is, then yes.

By "fixed", I mean any of the following:

• Much more rare
  • Players able to vault over - still blocks zombies and slows down (and temporarily disarms) humans trying to get past it
  • Easier to remove
    • Toolboxes more common
    • Much wider and easier to see/find area that brings up the tooltip
    • Not requiring toolbox to remove

I voted Yes, at the current state just remove it.

But please bring it back later, work on a fix for it

Ideas

• Make it easier to remove it with a toolbox (get the option to remove it from any place near it)
  • Players should be able to vault it with a chance of bleeding and always taking damage
  • It should be able to stop zombies (for me that would be the primary reason to use it)

Thanks for listening to the community

im sorry, but why do we have a vote on this and not every other major decicion taken in the game??! for example the frekkin bandit skin that 80% of people wanted to keep.

I dont get the development of this game, its rockets way or the highway. Why in earth shoudn't server owners be able to have their own rules for example? Ecpecially now that you are creating the "game" you should make the mod less restricted.

They're fine, all they need is the abilitiy to remove them a bit easier, since it's nigh impossible to find the right part to scroll over when you've got a toolbox and it's in a lovely open area =/

As for those that complain about griefing... It's tactical, they put it down to block you looting so they can, or so you stand at it confused while they blow your brains out!

make it easier to remove it with a toolbox (get the option to remove it from any place near it)

You ever attempted to take a barbed wire fence down in real life? It's a pretty difficult thing to do. Why should it be easy?