mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Every thing about the barbed wire is bad. It's functionality is limited to extreme trolling applications, causes graphical errors, ties up valuable loot spawn points, does not serve as a barrier against the undead, does not remove correctly with tools, does not remove correctly from the server, does not place correctly if someone does want to "use" it. If you can make it act like a real barrier and deploy like, say, blocks in minecraft (develop this system and revolutionize the game when you apply it everywhere) then it would be good.

NO NO NO NO ;)

as stated before: spawn should be more rare and toolbox more often!

No don't remove it. What you need to do is remove those bodies that cause the artifacting glitches in Cherno, NWAF, Balota, Stary, etc... Basically, remove the bodies from all the damn PvP hotspots :D Not sure if its been posted here but the Tunngle Forums have a fix. Problem is that the occasional server will notice that the bodies have been replaced in the PBO and kick you from the server. But I would rather be kicked from the server every 10 minutes than to deal with those fun-destroying artifacts

I actually enjoy having many tools at my disposal. I understand it causes graphical glitches, however they can't be as bad as the Military glitches. those seem more important to fix/abate. Fortifications are necessary for survival whether it be a deterent or for setting a trap. the ideal set up would be to add wire cutters or dikes, thus allowing a player to cut thru, however they would need to rare. Also, more tools are needed, ( I.e., fencing, camo netting, maybe even tractors with buckets:p)

OMG yes! Having it in the game only allow peopel to use it in an unfair way to block peopel from geting sertin gear or reaching a an area allowing peopel to play in an very unfair way giving then an unfair advantage.

No.

Just because it is usefull for securing an area or buidling to set up a camp.

You should improve it, so it can hold back zombies or causes them damage, let's say at least so much that they are dead in a specific percent of the time.

And make it that it causes bleeding and blood loss by a specific chance so everyone can get over it but has to be aware that it can cause damage to you.

And make it maybe less often to spawn, so not so much trolls will blocking everything with it.

• Like 2

I vote yes remove it. The only people who will have a problem with this are hackers and retarded 13 year old troll kids.

• Like 1

Removed permanently? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I love barbed wire. It is one of those features that defines DayZ for me - the ability to build!

But if you mean remove them now, only to be improved on and then added in later...then yea absolutely go right ahead. But I'll sure miss it :*(

• Like 1

Lol at people saying remove it because people use it to block places.

Because a fucking zombie infested apocalyptic world would have no challenges whatsoever when it comes to access.

Bunch of fucking retards. First time I've ever lost any faith in the dev team for even considering taking it out.

• Like 1

Right now, if you remove a barbed wire, it will re-appear after a server restart. If you can fix that, barbed wire can stay imho. If you can't fix it from respawning after a restart, then remove it completely.

Counts for tanktraps too by the way.

Edited by LeYuno

So if you cant improve it or fix it, remove it?

I am guessing this will be the remedy for most of dayz problems

• Like 1

Lol at people saying remove it because people use it to block places.

Because a fucking zombie infested apocalyptic world would have no challenges whatsoever when it comes to access.

Bunch of fucking retards. First time I've ever lost any faith in the dev team for even considering taking it out.

Dude, chill out. It's one of the many things stopping the game from moving forward. If they can remove it and work on it, maybe they can get rid of problems like 1) not being able to jump over it if it's placed improperly, 2) not being able to even pull up the "remove cat1 wire" option for some, 3) the fact that it barely impedes a zombies movement, 4) that it may possibly be a source of graphical glitches, or 5) that they reappear, even upon removal with a toolbox, after server restart. But go ahead, blow a gasket.

Edited by calthehunter
  • Like 2