rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.6

* [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)

Confirmed

When you place your ammo in your backpack and relog, it gets reloaded. That a fix you can do or would it take more time?

Thanks for the news!

The graphical artefacts thrown by the dead soldier body are fixed...hm okay...good news...but i must say, not only the dead soldiers body spawn those graphic bugs ! ^^

For me...the graphical artefacts are also thrown by the barbed wire (static and self assembled barbed wire)! :\

I hope this is also fix'd. :rolleyes:

Edited by J0K2

A hive wipe would not change anything. Hackers will have duped everything back in 2 minutes anyway

Hacking and duping are two separate issues.

just keep playing legit. enjoy it. I'll be honest here, I have one tent with one set of gear in it, that reproduced on server restarts, and I'll be glad to see that change. I had squad mates who had huge tent complexes that are ridiculous. But he built them legitimately. Took him hours and hours, but they still duped. I look forward to those tents being smashed and emptied, too. The hackers will fade out as more people get back into the game with these problems fixed. Most legitimate players quit or took breaks and a lot of servers shut down because of this nonsense. When they get come back, the numbers will even out. If your having that big of a problem. You oughta look into additional software to help monitor the log files on the server. Not a server admin myself, so not very knowledgeable on this topic. So glad this fix is coming out, finally.

When you place your ammo in your backpack and relog, it gets reloaded. That a fix you can do or would it take more time?

Thats an engine issue, backpacks are a bit fucked how they work in the engine. I might do something for mod, but most likely standalone.

• Like 3

Thats an engine issue, backpacks are a bit fucked how they work in the engine. I might do something for mod, but most likely standalone.

Ok, thanks for your reply. Guess we have to wait for stand-alone in this case :)

Team of testers, all of whom had the artifacting issue before, have been testing. None have reported any artifacting after the patch.

• Like 12

Exactly. The item dupe using tents and vehicles, happend like this:

Snip*

Let's not tell the remaining people how to exploit the game. (Fraggle)

Edited by Fraggle

Team of testers, all of whom had the artifacting issue before, have been testing. None have reported any artifacting after the patch.

In related news, QQ'ing on the DayZ forums now down 90%.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket
  • Like 2

Have they set texture quality to very high? It seems to trigger the artifacts a lot faster. I've been playing on 'low' which made the game playable ;)

I am not sleeping until this patch comes out!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

• Like 22

Exactly. The item dupe using tents and vehicles, happend like this:

*snip

Exactly and hackers will just spawn a bunch of weapons and make tents. A hive reset won't help anything

Edited by Fraggle

Hackers gonna hack. But a wipe would take all the duped gear out of circulation, restoring proper value to rare weapons and gear.

• Like 3

keep up the good work, its very nice that u give us some infos.

and for the standalone i would pay 20€s for it.

this game have so much potential and you are awesome rocket!

What about removing wire fences/tank traps/sand bags from the database when they are removed ingame by a player? They show up again after every server restart. Really annoying because you can't clean up your server because of this.

Just thought about asking because you obviously got time to code right now anyways :D

Edited by insitv

Now we just wait a few weeks and it will be released :D

Thanks for the work ;D

A WIPE will only help the hackers/cheaters: all the legit players will loose their gear, while the cheaters will acquire it again within minutes. With a wipe you gonna "punish" the wrong side, so no thank you. If you want to have your gear wiped, just kill your character and respawn.

• Like 3

Have they addressed the issue where a player logs off happily with tons of great gear only to log in the next day respawning at the beach with absolutely no gear? This bug has existed from when I first started playing but it seems to occur much more often now. On any server. I'm honestly afraid to log in and play for fear of the glitch.

Why wipe now? Wait until its stand alone surely.

I agree...if the reason for wiping is getting rid of duped and hacked items a wipe is no solution. They will just be hacked back in tomorrow and spread throughout the game again in a matter of days/weeks.

Until the hacking/exploits are fixed there is no reason to do a wipe IMO.

Bad idea to tell people how to dupe, removed my post.

I am currently at NWAF alone with AS-50, M4A3 CCO, DMR, GPS and Night Vision Goggles on me and have not used this bug even though it exists since it takes the fun out of the game. I'd be very frustrated if I got killed and lost my items, but that's a part of the game and is to be expected. People duping should go play Call of Duty instead.

Edited by CrazyAngelDude
  • Like 1

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

:beans: (i know you probably have enough though)