Tysonn

Is it possible?No Snipers

Virfortis talking rubbish again I see.

"I don't want to snipe, nor can I avoid being shot by them. Therefore they are ruining gaming, and must be removed."

Complaining that sniper rifles are in warfare games (no, not dayz) is pretty damn funny too. Go look at that history you seem to want to shout about so much.

"they don't have to worry about zombie attacks, or shot placement"

both statements are patently ridiculous.

Edited by Dankine

Sniping is fucking up many games these days. Who the fuck wants to sit there and wait for a pixel to move to try and find one. No one does, so they keep moving, which fucks with the mid/close range combat and makes it so going to Cherno and Elecktro, two of the most interesting places on the entire island, is out of the question, IF you care about your character, which people who like immersion do. God damn snipers sitting up there with their fucking dumbshit laser sticks, ending the game for people with a click of their mice. They aim at large hit boxes and the gun automatically returns to center as they they fire with their laser sticks designed for killing hoards of enemy A.I. They don't see grass and they know where you are based on zombie's spawning. They can fucking use triangulation to fucking pinpoint your position. They kill up to 13 people per half hour by my count, getting WHAT exactly from it, i don't know, but seemingly don't mind ending the game for massive quantities of people, like a fucking retard sociopath.

I wonder if you even know your gun isn't a gun, the animation your seeing and gun model have zip to do with the code that "fires" the "bullet". So congrats on putting your cursor over the player and pressing your mouse button!

Edited by Thane

If sniper rifles were removed, people would cry for assault rifles to be removed since you can still kill at range. It will never happen, so why not learn how to kill them before they alt-f4.

I'd support removal of anti-materiel rifles, along with the Alt+F4 problem, obviously. One-shot rifles are a little beefy in my mind. I'd say keep the CZ 550 and the M24, as well as the DMR and SVD. Lose the .50s and call it a day. I'd definitely play on a server that replaced all .50 rifles with SVD, DMR or M24 rifles, if the option was presented to me. Heck, I'd love to find an SVD, I've never used one in DayZ, and now that I know how the PSO scope works, it's my favorite rifle in ArmA2.

I killed 2 guys today on top of a hospital. Me and 2 buddies we looting when we heard shooting that wasn't from us. I ran out of town with my buddy into trees overlooking the town. My other friend tried to get out but got shot near the hospital. My buddy and I in the trees used range finders to search the town. We found them on top of the hospital. I took them out with my as50. This is the only as50 I've ever found or have seen. I'm sure I've died from a few though. I use it over the dmr I had because everyone would alt f4 everytime I hit them. I don't camp waiting for noobs with pistols in big towns. I provide over watch when my buddies raid if I'm fully geared. Sure people are douches with them, I don't try to be.

They kill up to 13 people per half hour by my count, getting WHAT exactly from it, i don't know, but seemingly don't mind ending the game for massive quantities of people, like a fucking retard sociopath.

Long story short; it gets their dick hard. Anyone who plays as a dedicated sniper in video games has a classic God-complex.

Meeting a random another survivor always gets my heart racing. A week ago I was so bored with the game that I decided to do something I never did before; sniping around Elektro. I shot 4 survivors and 1 bandit and it was not fun or exiting at all. I dropped the sniperrifle on a zombie corpse and hid it. Sniping 'for teh lulz' is not my thing. I wish I could take those kills back though, except for the bandit kill.

Every tent I come across in the wilderness, be in half way up the map or above the airfield has at least one AS50, one set of NVGs, and one rangefinder. Literally every tent I find in the woods has everything you need to return to Elektro or Cherno and start pegging off new players; I'm with everyone else, it's duping that is the problem.

Do these servers exist yet?

I'm getting bored of being sniped, I love running into Electro or cherno and breaking out into a huge firefight as you startle another survivor.

What I don't love is being sniped when I don't have anything but a pistol.

Snipers have the right to play how they want to play but I'm calling it now, If I'm going to be paying for this stand alone DayZ when it comes out, I want the choice not to play with snipers. I think it makes the game stupid.

My little pony sucks

Please sir, go QQ somewhere else and get the fuck off the forums

Kids love one-hit-kill weapons, video games are aimed at children, why on Earth would Rocket remove a cash magnet such as that, even in so small a manner as a server setting?

Kids love one-hit-kill weapons, video games are aimed at children, why on Earth would Rocket remove a cash magnet such as that, even in so small a manner as a server setting?

is this why most people who play video games are ~middle age men?

helps to know what you're talking about.

• Like 2

Would be pretty fun to see a no sniper server. You really just need an admin who bans anyone with a sniper and your good to go.

Go on a different game if you don't like it, please.

That mentality is how games die off, when the community and the developers turn their back on feedback.

I don't understand why is this thread getting so much hate? He's just asking if there are "no sniping servers", it's a completely valid question. Where did he ever say he wanted snipers to be removed?

There are no "non-sniping servers" question answered.

As for the OP he wrote a bit more than just a question so he got answered in turn. As for the hate people stand for what they type and what with the countless threads of people complaining about this and that it can get very tiresome very fast.

But there you go. Question answered.

If sniper rifles were removed, people would cry for assault rifles to be removed since you can still kill at range. It will never happen, so why not learn how to kill them before they alt-f4.

Um no......if sniper rifles were removed, then we'd be playing the same way we been playing for 20 years, the same way that brought millions of people into gaming. These easy to use, one shot sniper rifles are a new thing, only since Battlefield bad company 2 have i ever seen it like this. Except for the Unreal Tournament [1] mod that had only sniper rifles in buildings.

Um no......if sniper rifles were removed, then we'd be playing the same way we been playing for 20 years, the same way that brought millions of people into gaming. These easy to use, one shot sniper rifles are a new thing, only since Battlefield bad company 2 have i ever seen it like this. Except for the Unreal Tournament [1] mod that had only sniper rifles in buildings.

erm, cs has had them forever.

again, clue please.

When i played CS, THERE WERE NO SNIPER RIFLES, just scoped assault rifles. I never played the version with the Source engine though.

When i played CS, THERE WERE NO SNIPER RIFLES, just scoped assault rifles. I never played the version with the Source engine though.

you don't know what you're talking about. the awp has been in cs forever. no, not cs:s.

not to mention the scout.

Edited by Dankine

so much crying

Interesting counter-argument you make there.

Counter strike is the perfect example of a game where sniper rifles and completely out of place but are included to keep the "hardcore" snipers happy. CS is a game where fast reactions/snap shooting is extremely important, where the vast majority of engagements are CQC with "long range" engagements being maybe 100-200m at most. Sounds like the perfect environment for a rifle that's supposed to be accurate at 1500m, right? The impact that a single AWP makes in a game of counter strike is absolutely ridonkulous which is of course why snipers love it so much. At least CS makes the small effort of balancing the AWP by making it the most expensive weapon in the game while dayZ basically serves you a buffet of extremely powerful rifles.

Edited by porkus_maximus

If they fix duping/hacking and fix the ammo counts, then snipers will not be a big problem.

One of the main balancing tools in this game is the rarity of ammo. Snipers are a pain right now because they have easy access to mass ammo.

When ammo becomes rare again, you'll find snipers will drop off significantly because most people will prefer to carry a different weapon instead of wasting their hard to find sniper ammo on griefing.

Interesting counter-argument you make there.

Counter strike is the perfect example of a game where sniper rifles and completely out of place but are included to keep the "hardcore" snipers happy. CS is a game where fast reactions/snap shooting is extremely important, where the vast majority of engagements are CQC with "long range" engagements being maybe 100-200m at most. Sounds like the perfect environment for a rifle that's supposed to be accurate at 1500m, right? The impact that a single AWP makes in a game of counter strike is absolutely ridonkulous which is of course why snipers love it so much. At least CS makes the small effort of balancing the AWP by making it the most expensive weapon in the game while dayZ basically serves you a buffet of extremely powerful rifles.

again, you don't know what you're talking about. a sniper rifle adds another tactical element to cs, and cs after all is about aim and tactics (well, 1.6 was).

you don't need a counter argument to "wah wah, sniper bad". it's just pure idiocy.

Edited by Dankine

QQ - I am a movement noob and I do not use cover properly and because of my dumb playstyle I am getting sniped all the time.......

So I want to have a zombie free server! Because those damn Zeds always disturb my looting routes. .... ah and I want to have a server where no one is allowed to shoot. A hatchet only server and I want to have.....blahblah.

This thread is completely ridiculous. Sometimes you get sniped, but not too often. It just depends on your playstyle and if you move carefully and avoid open fields you have not more problems with snipers than with any other player who wants to kill you. So, stop bitching about snipers.

And by the way - why aren't you crying about thermal weapons? With them you nearly have a wallhack. Just think about it and you can open another thread....