Tysonn

Is it possible?No Snipers

I understand where this dude is coming from guys don't hate on him.

But for real if you can't beat em become em dude.

I hate snipers in every game, but I also do not want them removed because they add something valuable (fear of death at any moment, I have been sniped in a field near Devil's Castle) and just because I tend to dislike them does not mean they are playing the game wrong, it just means I am being a pussy.

Edit: Maybe as a server option, but even then we get into the realm of unintended consequences. Say you log onto one of these servers with your favorite rifle and it takes it away, say a server owner is being a baby and just switches over making the server useless to certain players, or just take the fact that you can snipe people with a Lee Enfield (not as effectively). Do you keep the M14 Aim? Is the Fal going to be okay?

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Yes they are annoying, so find a way to deal with them. Zed's are annoying, so is starving to death. We have to learn to survive, avoiding snipers is another part of that. If ammo was rare then they wouldn't be able to lie on noob hill taking pot-shots all day.

• Like 1

If tents werent able to be duped, then this wouldnt happen nearly as often either... I think its a logical progression for the game, or at least till duping/cheating can be dealt with.

And you say try to find a way to deal with them? I have been playing a few weeks now, and no where near the level most of you are at. How am I supposed to just instantly level the playing field? Its near impossible in the games current state. I can't even gear up 1/2 the time without being picked off by some tower cowards ( who i might add prob have 5+ tents full of stuff).

Perhaps make sniping not available in only recruit servers would help? Not saying remove it entirely, but at least give us new players a chance to learn the game and not have to be worried about being sniped. I would play single player, but alas the feature was removed. So what options do I have honestly??? Play on empty servers? Meh.

Sorry but I do not play this game to deathmatch... I play to have fun, mess with zombies, and make new friends. Deathmatch should be serperated/spun off into their own servers imho. If I wanted to snipe and play deathmatch, I play counterstrike source or Team Fortress 2.

Edited by Tw0

If tents werent able to be duped, then this wouldnt happen nearly as often either... I think its a logical progression for the game, or at least till duping/cheating can be dealt with.

And you say try to find a way to deal with them? I have been playing a few weeks now, and no where near the level most of you are at. How am I supposed to just instantly level the playing field? Its impossible...

Perhaps make sniping only available in veteran servers?

cos staying in cover and running in semi random zig zags is stuff that only seasoned players think of?

you should only be playing on veteran servers. load of crap having nameplates and the map thing.

Edited by Dankine

Do these servers exist yet?

I'm getting bored of being sniped, I love running into Electro or cherno and breaking out into a huge firefight as you startle another survivor.

What I don't love is being sniped when I don't have anything but a pistol.

Snipers have the right to play how they want to play but I'm calling it now, If I'm going to be paying for this stand alone DayZ when it comes out, I want the choice not to play with snipers. I think it makes the game stupid.

My little pony sucks

I hear ya. But I don't know it that's going to happen. Plus if you only have a pistol you really didn't loose anything. Plus you know you will buy the game anyways. Mwhaha

The OP has a point, without sniper rifles we would curb a lot of the whiny bitches running around and turning DayZ into another Call of Duty map. Exhibit A: The haters on this thread.

We can sit there and say duping, but that is only a temporary fix when you think about it. All those guns will gradually be piled up and eventually we'll be right back to here again. Unless Rocket can make guns degrade over time, and that time be a lot shorter than the average time it takes to find another of the gun, I think we're due for SniperZ to prove that zombies don't make a good game. It's not like the zombies or starving to death are an actual threat. EZMode pansy-snipers are an artificial threat, taking advantage of the relative ease of sniping and living zombie free on a hill they can easily DC from.

It's too bad the community prefers raping and cyberbullying over legitimate FPS gameplay, we MIGHT have crawled out of the "all gamers do is kill people" hole we've been stuck in for decades. Thanks, community, for doing to the FPS genre what the Virtual Boy did to peripherals.

Edited by Virfortis

The OP has a point, without sniper rifles we would curb a lot of the whiny bitches running around and turning DayZ into another Call of Duty map. Exhibit A: The haters on this thread.

We can sit there and say duping, but that is only a temporary fix when you think about it. All those guns will gradually be piled up and eventually we'll be right back to here again. Unless Rocket can make guns degrade over time, and that time be a lot shorter than the average time it takes to find another of the gun, I think we're due for SniperZ to prove that zombies don't make a good game. It's not like the zombies or starving to death are an actual threat. EZMode pansy-snipers are an artificial threat, taking advantage of the relative ease of sniping and living zombie free on a hill they can easily DC from.

It's too bad the community prefers raping and cyberbullying over legitimate FPS gameplay, we MIGHT have crawled out of the "all gamers do is kill people" hole we've been stuck in for decades. Thanks, community, for doing to the FPS genre what the Virtual Boy did to peripherals.

That's all assuming you want snipers removed from the game, which I don't.

he has said that guns will degrade, in a way, if they aren't maintained well. (jams, decreasing accuracy etc)

snipers aren't the problem. they aren't even really a problem.

That's all assuming you want snipers removed from the game, which I don't.

We've got 15 dozen games out there practically built around sniping, so this one has to have the kiddie-cannon because it has other guns? We have to tailor to the lowest common denominator?

If you REALLY wanted difficulty, you'd take away the easiest weapon in the game. Instead, we're left with this uncanny-valley style of "hardcore" in which we want hard, but for someone else, not us.

If you're constantly being sniped, then you're doing something wrong. Become a better player. Stop dying.

• Like 1

Problem 1: Sniper rifles are about as common as empty tin cans. Duping/scripting affects the high tier rifles but it's still really easy to get a low/mid tier rifle.

Problem 2: Sniping in DayZ/Arma2 is extremely easy assuming you understand how to zero the rifle, or use mil dots.

It's absolutely ridiculous how every single survivor in the game is basically an expert marksman who has no trouble handling a rifle @ 800m. Unfortunately every FPS ever is required to have sniper rifles due to the high percentage of video gamers with God complexes.

Butthurt.

If the duping stops, so does 90% of the sniping at Electro, as they won't be willing to lose their high-end gear any more as they lack the ability to get another with ease.

Instead of making up some random crap and basically saying that we all suck for killing you, how about you just stop making yourself an easy target.

-MONSTER

Do these servers exist yet?

I'm getting bored of being sniped, I love running into Electro or cherno and breaking out into a huge firefight as you startle another survivor.

What I don't love is being sniped when I don't have anything but a pistol.

Snipers have the right to play how they want to play but I'm calling it now, If I'm going to be paying for this stand alone DayZ when it comes out, I want the choice not to play with snipers. I think it makes the game stupid.

My little pony sucks

A few things.

1. "Do these servers exit yet?" "YET?" Are you kidding me? You say "Yet" as if they're in the process of making them, or planning to make them. This is just a stupid selfish desire of yours to make them game more in your favor while you're busy running around cherno or elektro like an idiot. They don't make server customizations just because a new player doesn't like things that actually end up killing him.

2. "I want the choice to play with no snipers." Yeah, well no one really cares what you want. Especially if it's something that would hinder everyone else's gameplay, for the benefit of yours and make running around cherno and elektro like an ass easier for lazy, not-stealthy people like you.

3. "I think it makes the game stupid." Yeah. A weapon in like, EVERY shooter game, makes this one game stupid, just cause people with this weapon kill you. Yeah. How about a bunch of people have AKMs and run up to you shooting you on auto killing you nonstop? Do those make the game stupid? Are you gonna cry about those now? OH OH. How about the stronger pistols that people can shoot you with and kill you with? If you die from those should those be removed? Crossbows? What if someone silently kills you? You gonna whine about not being able to tell where you got killed from? Yeah. Just cause something doesn't work in YOUR benefit, doesn't make the game stupid. You're the only stupid thing in existence on this entire thread from what I can see. If you don't like how the game is, don't play it. Don't come on the forums, selfishly expecting the developers to create a whole new game mode where snipers aren't allowed, JUST FOR YOU. And ESPECIALLY do not come on the forums, whining about it, expecting that, and expecting someone to PAY for a server like that, just cause you were being a whiny little probably goddamn twelve year old, who doesn't like things that kill him, when he doesn't bother to try to counter it by, oh idk being STEALTHY maybe? How about, not walking into the fucking biggest cities in the game? Yeah, try that why don't you? You selfish, spoiled, little prick.

• Like 1

Problem 1: Sniper rifles are about as common as empty tin cans. Duping/scripting affects the high tier rifles but it's still really easy to get a low/mid tier rifle.

Problem 2: Sniping in DayZ/Arma2 is extremely easy assuming you understand how to zero the rifle, or use mil dots.

It's absolutely ridiculous how every single survivor in the game is basically an expert marksman who has no trouble handling a rifle @ 800m. Unfortunately every FPS ever is required to have sniper rifles due to the high percentage of video gamers with God complexes.

99% of people who have shot at me with a sniper rifle can't aim for shit.

i can r un into cherno/electro on a high population server and do whatever it is i want and not get killed by snipers. Honestly im far more worried about the guy who has an m16 more then i am the guy with the AS50. In order for a sniper to function you must provide him a target.

90% of everyone who uses a sniper rifle in this game is >>ASS<< terrible with it anyways. Keep moving, if you must provide a target make it minimal, dont back light yourself and figure out where the common areas these snipers like to sit are.

There are several streams on twitch.tv that are basically just snipers doing their thing, go watch them for awhile and get a feel for how they operate then figure out how to make their plans go to shit.

Get off the coast if you don't want to be sniped.

I don't even bother with the coastal towns these days, I run straight north, every time.

I've been playing on passworded privatehive server for couple of dayz, and i've found some of the rarest shit in this game, from lootpiles. Thats two dmr, two as50, one pair of nvg's, couple coyote packs, m4 holo, mk48.. I used to think that dubing is the problem, but if only one man can find all that jizz in four to six hours, they really aren't that rare :/

And when it comes to snipers, those aren't the threat either, if you just use your time scanning your surroundings. I dont remember when was the last time i got sniprd, and died.

if youre finding as50s in lootpiles (not choppers) methinks that private server has screwed with the loot tables.

if youre finding as50s in lootpiles (not choppers) methinks that private server has screwed with the loot tables.

Or you just made REALLY REALLY good coincidence with the spawn rates. It's possible. But I've never found one.

Or you just made REALLY REALLY good coincidence with the spawn rates. It's possible. But I've never found one.

I don't think it is possible though.

I've been playing on passworded privatehive server for couple of dayz, and i've found some of the rarest shit in this game, from lootpiles. Thats two dmr, two as50, one pair of nvg's, couple coyote packs, m4 holo, mk48.. I used to think that dubing is the problem, but if only one man can find all that jizz in four to six hours, they really aren't that rare :/

And when it comes to snipers, those aren't the threat either, if you just use your time scanning your surroundings. I dont remember when was the last time i got sniprd, and died.

How full is the server though?

I've also been playing on a passworded private hive and have a lot of good gear like that, AS50, range finder,GPS,Coyote pack, ghillie etc.

I play exclusively on this server to avoid hackers and sometimes there's only 3 other people on, other times there's 30+

Depends how you play as well, I play in a group of at least 3 people at any one stage and we pretty much dominate the server, we take over the NWAF all the time and manage to gear up quite well.

Although we did manage to kill the admin 3 times in 2 days, two of those times as he was getting into a helicopter and we stole it, and he was fully geared up.

CCO SD,DMR,Range Finder etc

It's sad how people get into the "sniper rifles are balanced" camp while ignoring history, fact, and common sense.

Starting with history: Every multiplayer FPS has the god-complex sniper rifle. Battlefield (Infantry Only, Strike at Karkand), CounterStrike(Close range sniping, WTF?), Baww of Duty, Quake, hell even Republic Commando had it. They're always the "oh so pro" option, and whenever someone does something else, they're some low-life sprayer because how DARE they stop the sniper? Classic example: Soldier Front, don't even think about doing anything less than sniping, even if you're leading the board, you're still a noob.

This form of discrimination against traditional methods is the hallmark of the sniper rifle gameplay. It's never about what takes more skill and planning, let's face it, all the good sniper spots are practically mapped out. It's about perching up on a hilltop and playing Where's Waldo...toddler edition. It's the attitude and sense of entitlement that online multiplayer breeds, the cancerous cesspool of egotistical nature, that all spawns from the abuse of this dick-comparing weapon. Not only is it never used like a precision tool, it gives all the advantages without any disadvantages.

There is no room for a God complex in a survival FPS.

Now for fact: Either sweep the area, which gives them plenty of time to DC or have others log-in, which negates the whole point, or never play the game at all. In an authentic situation, the sniper would just be the sniper. He would have no means of simple escape, and he couldn't just summon buddies at will. This is another advantage snipers have that others don't, MUCH more mobility. They also don't have to worry about zombie attacks OR shot placement. The game does it for them.

Now for common sense:

Oh wait, that'd be lost on everyone, my bad. I'll spare the trouble and end this here. Go ahead and have fun knowing I'm right when I have history backing me up.

And you say try to find a way to deal with them? I have been playing a few weeks now, and no where near the level most of you are at. How am I supposed to just instantly level the playing field? Its near impossible in the games current state. I can't even gear up 1/2 the time without being picked off by some tower cowards ( who i might add prob have 5+ tents full of stuff).

Perhaps make sniping not available in only recruit servers would help? Not saying remove it entirely, but at least give us new players a chance to learn the game and not have to be worried about being sniped. I would play single player, but alas the feature was removed. So what options do I have honestly??? Play on empty servers? Meh.

Sorry but I do not play this game to deathmatch... I play to have fun, mess with zombies, and make new friends. Deathmatch should be serperated/spun off into their own servers imho. If I wanted to snipe and play deathmatch, I play counterstrike source or Team Fortress 2.

Missing the point, without death by players the game becomes boring. Sure getting sniped sucks, grab yourself a map and head to zeleno then on to the NWAF or stary (only if you want to die go NWAF). Berenzino is also a chill city. Really trying not to be a dick but you are not seeing the bigger picture here.