rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

Will the Arma 2 beta patch be 'official' by the time this is out (ie it will download via steam)' date=' as looking at the instructions it seems A) quite complicaited, B) is causing problems for lots of people (mostly due to unclear install instructions), and C) it removes steam overlay.

[/quote']

I can't believe people are actually having a hard time installing that.. Look here's what you do. In fact, you don't even need steam to do it.

1) go to arma2.com/beta-patch.php and get the latest version

2) open that shit up with winrar or whatever program you use for it

3) run the installer program for it (that comes in the file you downloaded)

4) go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead and go to the new file at the bottom called Launch Arma 2 OA Beta Patch and copy and paste it on your desktop

5) run it and go to expansions and click Dayz and enable (it'll ask you to restart. Also leave the @dayz expansion running too)

6) after it restarts you'll be running the newest beta patch.

P.S. to update the beta patch, repeat steps 1) through 4)

And if you don't know how to get to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead you click start, computer, program files (x86) scroll down to Steam, then click steam apps, then common, then arma 2 Operation Arrowhead...

There you fucking go.

While I agree, I have to ask, who shit in your cereal this morning?

Will the Arma 2 beta patch be 'official' by the time this is out (ie it will download via steam)' date=' as looking at the instructions it seems A) quite complicaited, B) is causing problems for lots of people (mostly due to unclear install instructions), and C) it removes steam overlay.

[/quote']

I can't believe people are actually having a hard time installing that.. Look here's what you do. In fact, you don't even need steam to do it.

4) go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead and go to the new file at the bottom called Launch Arma 2 OA Beta Patch and copy and paste it on your desktop

5) run it and go to expansions and click Dayz and enable (it'll ask you to restart. Also leave the @dayz expansion running too)

And if you don't know how to get to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead you click start, computer, program files (x86) scroll down to Steam, then click steam apps, then common, then arma 2 Operation Arrowhead...

There you fucking go.

While I agree, I have to ask, who shit in your cereal this morning?

lol cereal is gross

the beta patch being difficult to install is the last filter to keep the morons out. im glad its difficult. keeps most of the kids away.

[/quote']

There you fucking go.

THIS IS VERY HELPFUL!!

Sorry but it's an Alpha version of Day-Z, so if you don't want to complicate your life with beta patch install, bug, etc... don't come there to cry like little girl !

Every thread i read, every time little girls come and wrote they're fucking cry...

Go play COD or Left 4 dead... and don't waste the dev team time!

Oh, and try the six-updater tools... maybe more easy for you little girl... lol

I'm really looking forward to being able to hide from zombies... It was kinda annoying to have to run for ages till you found a house that you might be able to defend yourself in... Now if only they didn't run at mach 10... :p

[/quote']

There you fucking go.

THIS IS VERY HELPFUL!!

why thank you sir!

Now if only they didn't run at mach 10... :p

hey thats my talk!

just kidding

My textures get all fucked up in the beta, don´t matter if i adjust high or low.

Can anyone help me out?

If assume this is a common problem so i won´t bother post a SS, but if you want i can do it.

My textures get all fucked up in the beta' date=' don´t matter if i adjust high or low.

Can anyone help me out?

If assume this is a common problem so i won´t bother post a SS, but if you want i can do it.

[/quote']

That is not a common problem. You should post it in Trouble-Shooting.

I dont understand this "Hide from Zombies" line?

Once an "Infected" aggros you, they stick on you like glue - there aint no way you're gonna break line of sight with them cuz they will just sprint 2 feet behind you then stop for the attack animation, then sprint 2 feet behind you then stop for the attack animation and rinse repeat ad nauseum - so how am I supposed to hide from them?

I dont understand this "Hide from Zombies" line?

Once an "Infected" aggros you' date=' they stick on you like glue - there aint no way you're gonna break line of sight with them cuz they will just sprint 2 feet behind you then stop for the attack animation, then sprint 2 feet behind you then stop for the attack animation and rinse repeat ad nauseum - so how am I supposed to hide from them?

[/quote']

It sounds like a lot is changing. How about.... Wait and see? Your behaviour assessment might be completely different from how things work after the update.

when is this update coming out? I really want something new now :P

Read the OP.

Fix bugs rocket' date=' dont leave them like that D:

[/quote']

SHUT. UP. What do you think the Dev team is doing!?

Sorry. I over-reacted. But seriously.... Why post things like this? Are you trying to say Rocket isn't doing his job? What is the point of saying that? Do you want the Dev team to roll out an update every 2 days fixing one single bug? That's not how software works (unless it is a game-breaking bug). But even then, it's ALPHA. THERE WILL BE BUGS.

Chill with the demands! You are a TESTER, not a PLAYER. Realize that.

What is the point in defending a guy who couldn't give a shit what some forum troll had to say?