Sign in to follow this  
Heiduk

Where did you get your weapon (AKA how bad is loot inflation)?

Where did your weapon come from?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you pick up your current primary weapon?

so in answer to the OP How bad is loot inflation due to hacking? I would say incredibly bad.

I think its also even worse for equiptment, NVG's and GPS seem to be standard fare these days, but we started a private hive recently and no-one has found either of these items yet. Playing on a private hive is a massive difference loot wise, give it a go and you will see how bad the loot inflation has got on the public servers

I found today my m4 holo and mk48. M4 from barracs and mk from helicrash. This was on privatehive, on normal hive i got my jizz out of tent.

E: found nvgs from that crash site also

Edited by csharp

Currently I have:

Bizon as my primary; found at a heli-crash site

M9SD as my sidearm; found in a hangar at the NE Airfield

M1014 Shotgun in my backpack; found it in a Deer Stand near Green Mountain

Basically I've found all of my gear from loot spawns except for my satchel charge, found that in a car.

There's a free FN FAL AN/PVS-4 with 3 full mags @ north baracks at north airfield (baracks closest to the firestation) @ 85.114.152.49:10600 (DE 2048)

No, I'm not going to kill you. Yes, I just dropped it cause I were sick and tired of it taking up my backpack space.

Had an AS50 from crash site.

Swapped out for L85A2 AWS & SVD Camo from a server hopping bandit at NWAF.

Gave the L85 to my freshly spawned mate back down South.

Met up with another friend who gave me his M14 AIM he found in a tent.

So where I got my current primary weapon isn't really an accurate representation of 'loot inflation' because had I simply decided to keep the AS50 in the first place, my vote would have gone to 'loot spawn'.

Except you didn't keep the AS50. Inflation is about more than just spawn probability, it's also affected by how much value players put on a specific item. Even though CZ550s spawn more frequently they don't seem to be in every other tent because players don't value them as much.

• Like 1

Found my L85 in the Elektro School.

I died from a hacker later on, but then another hacker spawned another one for me.

My primary is an mk mod that I found at the NWAF. I had something crazy happen the other day though, I found an M4 CCO variant that had a holo sight and 203 in a vehicle. I put that gun in a tent, put an M107 found at a helicopter crash site in my nag and log off. Next day I log in and my truck is gone with no server restart and instead of an M4 I had L85. Now I am against most cheap shit but I kept that gun as a reward for months of legitimate loot gathering.

DMR, heli crash site

M14 AIM, NE airfield control tower

88 players got their primary from spawns

117 got their primary through other means

definitely alot more hacked in weapons that will not be shown by this poll that end up in tents and on dead bodies

atm it seems like there is a shady russian arms dealer on every corner of chernarus just handing out guns