ChernoPTA

1.7.3 - Lets Wipe the Hive

Lets Wipe The Hive  

937 members have voted

1. 1. Should we wipe the Hive for 1.7.3?

• Yes
    • No

i can still get 50 cans of mountain dew in 5 minutes... The tent method really wasn't even a good duping method, you'd had to wait for a server restart to dup whilst the one i'm on about, is instant.

Anyway least tents are fixed, Time to build my master camp :D

Fine, you can still dupe if you want to. But until now, everything was being duped. You could take stuff from camps and the stuff would be there again, for the next person. A full wipe is going to solve that at least for some time. Old servers already have a tent beneath each tree.

i am fully in for the wipe of any data on the hive! It is an alpha and you need to fight the bugs and the aftermath ;) but it will cause some deathmatch after the wipe. But there should be a wipe.

@Mods: make it sticky pls!

Edited by The L!ne

ALl clans i ever join, are dupping items like crazy, creating a body with camo, duping back packs, etc... i believe nothing can save dayz mod from this now, but a wipe will, help a little

i have an as50, l85a2 mk mod0 coyte range gps, everything and wanna i wipe!

our clan is not duping and no clan/group I ever was playing in had duped anything. But I wanna wipe too to get the hacked shit out. Maybe after thatjust wipe the not "allowed" things of the database (should be manageable with a whitelist of objects) or just do not allow this things to save.

So everybody would need to make sure not using hacked shit.

This is a fantastic idea. Everyone is running around with mil weapons now. AS50 Thermals are more common than makarovs, FACT. I can run to any tent anywhere and grab myself an M4A3 before i even need to think about grabbing a double barreled. People need to play in the lower weapon teir ALOT more before they move up.

i was going for no, but hey, what's to say i won't luck out and find a skirmish aftermath with NVGs and GPS again after a wipe? :D

I have already voluntarily "wiped" my character by destroying everything i had, because i was duping and that took all simply all of the fun of the game. I think the wipe would be awesome for everyone to have a chance against those vehicle hoarders, at least for some time, and for dupers who once got lucky finding a good gun and didn't have to fear losing it because it was duped. Not anymore. It'll be good to have the fear of losing your gear again. That's the point of the game. Otherwise, it'll just be a massive PVP game.

• Like 1

So for the forum team / Fraggle. With the overwhelming majority of those that have voted so far in favor of the hive wipe has the Dev team seen this thread yet? If not is there a way you can bring this to their attention? I would imagine that there are forums that are just for those associated with the forum and dev teams that the rest of us meat sacks can't see. Also take into mind that I didn't read all 14 pages, only got though about 5 with most people saying to wipe the hive.

As I said on the last hive wipe thread: As much as I agree with a hive wipe, hackers will just get their gear back the next day and everyone else will get fucked because of that. A wipe is a waste unless there is a fix for hacked crates and weapon spawns.

You're all going to hate me for this post, but oh well.

I have mixed feelings about resetting the hive at this point. A month or 2 ago I would've been all, "HELL YEAH BURN IT ALL", but with the standalone coming out within the next couple months, what's the point? Hackers will just respawn everything that they lost, people will find those tents and loot them, then take them back to their camps and duplicate them all over again. Even if the patch is supposed to prevent duplication there's no guaruntee that it'll work, we all know how rocky the game gets right after a patch. If it happens it happens, there's nothing I can do about that. But for some of us who come by our gear honestly and don't have duplicated tents to rely on anymore, it really doesn't solve much in the end.

We all start from scratch in a month or two regardless. I say let it play out from here.

P.S. I was the one who voted no... incase you couldn't tell :P

I think the counter to these arguments about hackers are kinda moot points, you dont stand a chance against hackers even with good gear, its just more frustrating to die to them

at least this would remove all the rare items that are legit but hacked in and screwing the balance, I just go up on dobry and get fully kitted with legitimate (but either hacked or duped) gear in twenty minutes, its just silly. also with regards to the standalone, arent we supposed to be testing things? I think we have thouroughly tested the whole high level weapon saturation aspect and it sucks....

so lets get back to basics, I garauntee you all the PKing will drop again too when there actually is a point to survivng again

As someone who has a close eye on trading...items worth right now is just there to be rediculed upon.

Trading is no longer what it used to be as people care less, trading it self is a rediculed matter.

my player is 40+ days old, i have anything I need or might need in several servers, and I work alone.

so I do feel the pain of the players who would lose much of their work, but it is worth it.

I vote yes.

Not even a good solution. It is just a temperory solution. The long term solution is to deal with duping bugs and hackers.

yeah issue is the point of the alpha to test shit is hampered maybe?

at least gameplay wise I hope to god this isnt the direction of the standalone,

being in cherno is like playing back to karakand with mafuckas on urry roof

I wiped my own hive. Call me impatient. Perhaps spending my days off and my time off work reporting a bunch of hackers that take months to ban got to me and I got tired of it.

Regardless I hope the public hive gets a wipe too. But, I'm no longer all that invested in what the DayZ team decides to do with their hive.

we need a wipe. you cant stand hackers, but at least some are gone and it will take a while to regear for the majority of players. So maybe we can have some days of fun again instead of dieing instantly on populated servers.

we need a wipe. you cant stand hackers, but at least some are gone and it will take a while to regear for the majority of players. So maybe we can have some days of fun again instead of dieing instantly on populated servers.

The only problem with that is it then puts the cheaters at a bigger advantage. I really don't care one way or the other on the wipe. But as long as dupers dupe and script bitches suck, you will be trap in this vicious circle.

Edited by Pendragon

So for the forum team / Fraggle. With the overwhelming majority of those that have voted so far in favor of the hive wipe has the Dev team seen this thread yet? If not is there a way you can bring this to their attention? I would imagine that there are forums that are just for those associated with the forum and dev teams that the rest of us meat sacks can't see. Also take into mind that I didn't read all 14 pages, only got though about 5 with most people saying to wipe the hive.

And what about those who don't want it to be wiped?

If you don't wipe the HIVE, no one loses anything.

If you DO wipe the HIVE, those who don't want it wiped lose.

The thing is, wiping the Hive will not help.

Sadly duping will still be very much possible (as it is engine's fault), and scripters and cheaters will just spawn any equipment they want.

So basically, the only ones who are losing with the hive wipe are legit players.

I'm not against hive wipe, but I can't say I'm for it either.

Edited by narsil

Right now the Fun on DayZ is gone, because every player who grabbed a Hacked gun saved it in at least 1 Tent and Dupes it every time. I've done it myself after i found a Hackercrate on a friends server. Now i have plenty of Guns and dont kow what to do. It not really fun to know after getting killed i have just get my gear back of any tent i pitched.

So, Wipe all out and everybody can restart. And the Hackers can, in my opinion, go to Hell

So, Wipe all out and everybody can restart.

So what will stop you if the Hive gets deleted to dupe the new-found equipment again, and subsequently lose the fun in game once more?

So what will stop you if the Hive gets deleted to dupe the new-found equipment again, and subsequently lose the fun in game once more?

If u have read the starting post u would know

Let me try to reiterate my stance here, in reference to hackers and concerns with hackers.

We are not here to concern ourselves with the data produced by basement dwelling neckbeard jerkasses and 14 year old children who haven't figured out that life doesn't have cheat codes yet.

What they do, their disruptions, their "spawning" of items, is absolutely pointless and meaningless to the greater priority which is to provide as much real and veritable data on alpha builds as possible.

That is the only concern, it is all that matters. People let hackers take up too much space in their heads...you know what, hackers get banned, I've got 1514 of them banned on my server right now. BattlEye bans even more of them.

Over time, what they do is absolutely meaningless in comparison to what every legitimate or as legitimate as possible player is doing in the DayZ environment at this time. You want to play, you want to have fun, you want to have an "equal chance" and you view these hackers as some kind of impediment to that, you give them far too much power, and every time the DayZ forum squeals like a pig, someone over on 4chan is lulzing it up because your tears are gravy on their steak as far as they're concerned.

Lets talk numbers, lets talk real numbers here. Of 1.1 million individual players there is a good outside chance that 10% of that number are probably hackers. Thats 110,000 hackers, give or take a few....lot of hackers, an army almost. But for every hacker there is, there is a ten to one ratio of people playing the game more or less as intended.

And for every ammo box spawned, only one or two people have actually taken anything out of it, same with Thunderdomes and whatever else.

Now lets think about tents. Our last veritable information from the DayZ staff was that there were WELL over a million tents storing data on the Hive. That is where part of the problem with saves are coming from.

Now lets think about the fact that most DayZ servers restart at least once a day if not up to 4 times a day to maintain optimal performance.

1 million tents, and an average of 40 players per server with upwards of 4000 servers.

In theory this means that the EXACT SAME tent has handed at least 4 separate individual players the same weapons, tools and ammunition, once every day for the last month.

One million tents, times one million players times four million copies of the same gun, every, single, day. And thats not even taking into account every individual item in a tent, thats just theoretically throwing around worst case scenario numbers where EVERY tent on the Hive only has ONE ITEM PERIOD.

Four million duped items a day, completely by fault of design.

Do you really think a hacker, or even an army of hackers can replicate that?

No...they cannot. 1.7.2.5 has been more detrimental than hackers, 1.7.2.5 has taken a lot of the work out of being a "hacker" far as gear is concerned, 1.7.2.5 has replicated more items in the last 30 days than "hackers" have in the entire lifespan of DayZ as a mod so far.

So stop concerning yourselves with hackers, they're not even statistically relevant in regards to the replication numbers we're talking about in reference to the 1.7.2.5 situation.

probably the most succint reason ive read and totall worth them beans

hive reset would bring back the old days and give all the newcomers a taste of what it used to be like, I think they will honeslty enjoy it a lot more than whatever they are doing with their duplicated loadout RESET DAT HIVE YO

sure the duping will happen again, but what we have now as the OP said is the result of an exponential growth over a few months, it would take at least as long to get back to the current stage which would I think give a new lease on life to the game up untill the standalone come out :)