nathiesk

Armor values, hats and helmets (standalone, probably)

Might've been suggested before, but here goes.

I think players should spawn with random everyday clothes, maybe no hats, and with no protection against damage.

You should be able to find kevlar suits in military locations, with light damage protection values. Ghillie suits should also only have light protection, or none at all, and camo suits could have medium protection.

I'd also like to see helmets being added as military/industrial loot, with some protection against bullets to the head and such, unless you're being shot with a big gun.

As for hats, you should be able to find them in supermarkets, houses, and such. Maybe on hat stands?

It would need to be far more complicated. Police Grade Vest could be found at fire stations and would protect against pistol rounds and shotgun pellets to the chest. The person that got shot would still receive damage but they usually wouldn't bleed and could survive. Flak Jackets would protect against flak and shrapnel to the chest (NOT CoD style Juggernaut suit) and would help against pistol and shotgun pellets.

A police grade vest or a Flak jacket is useless against rifle caliber rounds. Even 5.56 NATO and 5.45 can penetrate these types of body armor.

Military Grade Bullet Proof vest would be excessively rare. At least as rare as NVGs. They could protect against rifle caliber rounds to the chest. The first shot would likely be stopped with only minor damage. If a second bullet hit the vest the likelihood of penetration is greatly increased. Basically a good vest would save you from the Golden BB (a semi-random shot that gets lucky and hits you) but not from concentrated fire.

Helmets would be similar. But I am fairly sure that even the best helmets can't protect you from Rifle rounds.

• Like 1

I think 2 types of vest, and no helmets would be good.

Similar to what Vindicator posted above, but I also think you should get a default 5 sec knock out timer on first impact for anything except pellets, with no blood loss.

• Like 1

I like the police/military vest dynamic, and I agree with it: Police vests should stop pistol/shotgun rounds, and military vests should stop one, maaaaybe 2 rifle rounds (protection from all those snipers out there). Hell, maybe you could find ceramic/steel plates to replace the cracked/broken one that just saved your life. Double hell, maybe you could jury-rig a vest out of a shirt, a plate, and some tape. This idea has massive potential.

Rifle rounds (especially the higher caliber rounds) should have a chance to sit you on your ass, though.

And regarding helmets, I can see them stopping pistol caliber rounds and deflecting rifle rounds (deflection's already in arma, ever seen a tracer ricochet off the ground into the air?). But much like vests, they should degrade/be destroyed if they take enough punishment.

I like this idea. Perhaps not the helmets as that takes away the headshot danger. Not keen on the one bullet knocking you out when it hits the vest either. This would give an advantage to people not wearing them, as the bullet wouldnt have knocked them out. Perhaps have it so only a 6k damage shot would 5 sec ko you.

Well, helmets deflecting rifle rounds/pistol rounds if they're hit at a shitty angle. Straight on, though, should still be a one shot kill.

I like what Delta Smoke 01 said about vests that they shouldn't knock you out unless its a 6k+ hit. I think however that if you receive a bullet to the chest while waring a vest it should knock the wind out of you and make aiming a bit harder the balancing factor would be when not waring a vest a bullet to the chest puts you in pain and is thus harder to aim and unlike knocking the wind out of you it will take pain pills to get rid of it.

Now helmets i think should be in the game but it should be like Riot gear face shield to protect against shrapnel from explosives, Military Kevlar helmet to protect against hand gun rounds and can ricochet poorly aimed rifle rounds, and bicycle helmets that could maybe ricochet poorly aimed handgun rounds if that.

Vest i definitely think should be in the game as stated above. can't take concentrated fire but if struck will protect against that damage.

WarZ has hats, shoes, and different armor types you can find.

*This has been provided to you by the committee to remind people that WarZ now officially exists.*

It would need to be far more complicated. Police Grade Vest could be found at fire stations and would protect against pistol rounds and shotgun pellets to the chest. The person that got shot would still receive damage but they usually wouldn't bleed and could survive. Flak Jackets would protect against flak and shrapnel to the chest (NOT CoD style Juggernaut suit) and would help against pistol and shotgun pellets.

A police grade vest or a Flak jacket is useless against rifle caliber rounds. Even 5.56 NATO and 5.45 can penetrate these types of body armor.

Military Grade Bullet Proof vest would be excessively rare. At least as rare as NVGs. They could protect against rifle caliber rounds to the chest. The first shot would likely be stopped with only minor damage. If a second bullet hit the vest the likelihood of penetration is greatly increased. Basically a good vest would save you from the Golden BB (a semi-random shot that gets lucky and hits you) but not from concentrated fire.

Helmets would be similar. But I am fairly sure that even the best helmets can't protect you from Rifle rounds.

As for the idea in general, I do like it. But as the guy said in the post i've quoted, it does need to be more complicated.

I like the idea of a slight reduction in damage (does need to be very small) and it stopping the bleeding when hit in the areas of armour. That would be very cool.

As for hats, standard military helmets (should still be a 1 shot kill if hit in the head with a helmet), military hats (http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/sniper2.jpg like these), caps that are already in the game, farmer hats and numerous others that you can use just a customizaton feature. Could also do something in the sense that different hats help to keep your temperature up as I'd like the idea of having different clothing (hoodies and t-shirts) that affect your body temperature in certain weather conditions too.

i already suggested this in dayz car dealerships water cans and more