97ADU Doug

[Experiment POLL] % of people with a .50 cal sniper. Lets find out.

I think whats a bit annoying tho are all the players who use one even tho their not snipers, for example in all the FPS games I have played in the past, from CS to UT, through Quake and beyond I have always played a sniper, but with the .50 being all over the place I have seena number of people just running around with them and using the guns default cross hair , acting almost like its an assault rifle.

Their only doing that and using it because it kills in one shot and stops people from doing an Alt+F4 , so I think the results might not be as high as they are if you take out these people as their not really playing the snipers role but rather just run n gunning with it.

Would have been nice if you added a question asking what the longest they have sat in a single spot to get a kill was. think mine is about 6 hours without moving till I got a kill, and then only moving to relocate.

51% of voters have a as50? ahahahah i wish the whole community vote this to see how rare it is..

I think the M107 is far more fun to shoot at groups. The incredible sound gives away your position but everyone that hears it instantly shits themselves and runs around deciding where to go. I still prefer to use the AS50 however as I can use the NATO rounds if I want and its quieter. Also, I picked up a TWS one because I prefer the TWS thermal to the AWS one on the L85. I wouldn't bother with it if the bright orange AWS thermal was changed to a white on black one.

more than half of people are running around with a high power rifle/hacked gun

fuck this game in its current state

• Like 1

Yeah, this is a disappointing result, but what were we expecting? I myself have an AS50 - looted it from a dead player. And this poll accords with my own experience: so many players have these guns that if you want one you just have to loot bodies or kill a player and chances are good that he'll be carrying a .50 cal sniper. Hackers/cheaters have flooded the game with them, so finding one isn't hard.

It seems that the only thing this poll shows is that there really needs to be a hive reset. Its been so long since Iv had a close quarter fire fight. So long since Iv ever had to loot ammo from spawns. So long since Iv actually had a purpose when entering towns.

Is a hive reset even possible? Because we really need one.

Edited by 97ADU Doug

I am running around with a MK48 but I can get an AS50 within 1hours if I want. I know camps with over 20 AS50 and they are from before 1.7.2.5... so they do not get empty...

bumping this, lets see if those stats have changed at all with all the new players since I posted this.

Perhaps you should take out the TWS option since it is no longer available?

@the OP

For me, the .50 rifles are "situational" and utility tools for specific situations. Of course, if you do not have one at hand, it is hard to suit the situation. At any rate, I voted 'no' all around. I think that I used an M107 once, and it was for popping shots at an unexpected Apache Gunship some server admin had 'brought in' to deal with hackers. He crashed it on his own soon after.

For ranged and medium engagements, I will take an SA_58 ACOG on a vanilla server, or an L86 LSW on a server with custom loot spawns. Either suits both situations adequately, and both make for excellent counter sniper weapons. Most of the time these days, for up close and scary I will pack a shotgun and plenty of pellet ammo.

@the OP

For me, the .50 rifles are "situational" and utility tools for specific situations. Of course, if you do not have one at hand, it is hard to suit the situation. At any rate, I voted 'no' all around. I think that I used an M107 once, and it was for popping shots at an unexpected Apache Gunship some server admin had 'brought in' to deal with hackers. He crashed it on his own soon after.

For ranged and medium engagements, I will take an SA_58 ACOG on a vanilla server, or an L86 LSW on a server with custom loot spawns. Either suits both situations adequately, and both make for excellent counter sniper weapons. Most of the time these days, for up close and scary I will pack a shotgun and plenty of pellet ammo.

That logic is totally flawless. I can imagine the hackers just giving up as soon as they see an apache, and leaving the server because they are afraid they'll be killed. Oh wait...

That logic is totally flawless. I can imagine the hackers just giving up as soon as they see an apache, and leaving the server because they are afraid they'll be killed. Oh wait...

Dogfight time!

Perhaps you should take out the TWS option since it is no longer available?

Right your are sir.

Modified*

Btw guys Im not asking whether or not you prefer using shotguns or other weapons over the .50cals, I just want to know how many people have access to them, regardless whether or not they are used, I also think Ill make a poll on how many people play private/public hive servers, so keep and eye out for that.

EDIT: new poll mentioned above is up:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/131525-experiment-poll-contrast-of-people-on-public-servers-to-private-hive-servers/

Thxs again for voting.

Edited by 97ADU Doug

Play on a server where the M107 and AS50 have been removed from the loot table so nope i aint one

Usually, I'll loot them just to keep for trading purposes, not really sniping. Now I play on a server that has the .50 Cals removed. I prefer smaller caliber snipers anyways. At the moment, my favorite is the M110 or the M21 EBR.

And honestly, be glad it stops at the AS50...I mean, it could be worse; We could have the M109 a.k.a The Anti-Everything Gun.

http://d3uwin5q170wp...o/52715_700.jpg

Edited by Intensity on DayZ

I have access, cause I scouted out edge camps on several servers, but actually carry M14/DMR combo.

They should put BUIS (Back Up Iron Sight) mounts in the standalone so people like you don't need to carry two M14s around.

as50 is superior in every way in this game... and in reallife

you forgot the sarcasm tags.

• Like 1

I've got an M107 on the trophy stand in my tent.

I'll never use it but its an interesting conversation piece.

EDIT:

Usually, I'll loot them just to keep for trading purposes, not really sniping. Now I play on a server that has the .50 Cals removed. I prefer smaller caliber snipers anyways. At the moment, my favorite is the M110 or the M24 EBR.

And honestly, be glad it stops at the AS50...I mean, it could be worse; We could have the M109 a.k.a The Anti-Everything Gun.

http://d3uwin5q170wp...o/52715_700.jpg

Oh god, if ACE is any indication of how the gun actually works in RL we can thank every deity ever that it isn't in the game.

Edited by Pandema
  • Like 1

Yea guys, something has gone wrong with the poll haha, iv got no idea where its gone. Did a mod remove it? its possible but I doubt it. Either the forums bugged out, or i somehow foolishly deleted it. Forums bugging out is the most likely option.

Oh god, if ACE is any indication of how the gun actually works in RL we can thank every deity ever that it isn't in the game.

My point exactly. 40mm grenade launcher with a zeroing of 1600 meters.

This isn't just over powered, its O-fucking-P.