tspriv@gmail.com

Vilayer's new Package deal.

Hello, so today i noticed that vilayer is doing a game server service where you are able to switch between the official map and lingor island map,

What's wondering me is if it's a violating move to turn the dayz server on and off as it please the renter and what he wants to play?

is it something that could potentially lead to blacklist, since the server would go offline and might ruin some players game?

Good question.

I was tempted to move this to "another Forum (Private Hive)" but I will leave it here for the time being.

Calling all Dev's & Men in Red, do you Read me ? over....

How is this an issue? The admin rents the server from Vilayer and should be able to have a choice at what they feel like playing for their money. If you are concerned about your home server moving back and forth between Dayz and Lingor Island it should be all the more reason to get your own server to call home.

Err pretty sure u cant pick & choose at will.... i.e i dont have choice on a vilayer server to change to the private one...

If u send in a support ticket i am sure they might switch u between the package deals if u ask

But its not like they will let u switch at free will between the different hives, as that risks getting blacklisted.

i.e u arent meant to shutdown servers when an admins log off for the night, sure that applys to switching hives.

-----------------------------

Anyway if u look @ their site its 2 completely different package deals,

1 ) offical dayz server package

2 ) private server package

with option of changing maps from chernarus to lingor

and apparently dayz-commander, will have abilty to install dayz lingor soon which will be nice addition

The thing i am curious about is the private hive shared between all vilayer private dayz servers or is it seperate one for each server

Note:- I dont work for vilayer, just rent a managed server from them & read the emails from them

Edited by Torndeco

Err pretty sure u cant pick & choose at will.... i.e i dont have choice on a vilayer server to change to the private one...

If u send in a support ticket i am sure they might switch u between the package deals if u ask

But its not like they will let u switch at free will between the different hives, as that risks getting blacklisted.

i.e u arent meant to shutdown servers when an admins log off for the night, sure that applys to switching hives.

Anyway if u look @ their site its 2 completely different package deals,

1 ) offical dayz server package

2 ) private server package

with option of changing maps from chernarus to lingor

and apparently dayz-commander, will have abilty to install dayz lingor soon which will be nice addition

The thing i am curious about is the private hive shared between all vilayer private dayz servers or is it seperate one for each server

Note:- I dont work for vilayer, just rent a managed server from them & read the emails from them

The Package deal allows you to switch between Chernarus and Lingor with two clicks in about 20 seconds via the panel.

Yeah, its more like if the server is populated by alot of players, and the activity is high in there, and the admin decides its time to play lingor island, then he can just shut down the server and switch to lingor island map, with a couple of mouce click, and thats what got me thinking it could be somekind of an issue.

Yes, all servers using this package are connected to the same hive so you can maintain the same character across any of these servers, filtering for 'DayZChernarus' seems to work pretty well for finding them.

Edited by smasht_AU

Yeah, its more like if the server is populated by alot of players, and the activity is high in there, and the admin decides its time to play lingor island, then he can just shut down the server and switch to lingor island map, with a couple of mouce click, and thats what got me thinking it could be somekind of an issue.

An issue that definitely requires a tissue :rolleyes:

I asked them about this as well, i was told dayz chernarus and dayz lingor island are different game types, meaning i couldnt have my server which i have had for months changed to lingor and vice versa...

now on there site they claim "they" have fixed issues with tents choppers etc etc on there own.. you cant change your old server to lingor island... but you can now rent a new server that you can just switch to either map whenever you feel like it...

dont understand... its only a map...

DONT PAY FOR SOMETHING FREE lol

Why would you do that?

Dayz is free, private server software is free and all theese people do is take your hard earned money for no good reason.

Cmon guys, its not worth the money......

DONT PAY FOR SOMETHING FREE lol

Why would you do that?

Dayz is free, private server software is free and all theese people do is take your hard earned money for no good reason.

Cmon guys, its not worth the money......

kind of over looking the >2TB of bandwidth that the average 40 man server uses each month?

kind of over looking the >2TB of bandwidth that the average 40 man server uses each month?

Ok, im gonna say something now lol.

2tb bandwith is ALOT MOREE THEN NEEDED. they only say that cus they want stability when over 1k server has to connect to the same DB.

Private hive has the HUGE advantage its got its own DB, aka a smaller much faster route for data.

I am running a 40 slot server from denmark of 30/30 mbit connection and the ping my american friends got on the east cost is NEVER above 200.

and yes 200 ping is alot, but as it hs been states alot of times the ping doesnt matter to much in arma.

Im just trying to let people know that bying a private hive server is like throwing money out the window....

forgot to add ive been hosting this for over 2 months now, so i know a little bit of what im talking about

Edited by Byrgesen

If i understand correctly, I can settle up two servers with Chernarus map and Lingor map with the same hive DB?

If i understand correctly, I can settle up two servers with Chernarus map and Lingor map with the same hive DB?

Well in theory you could, but the coordinates wouldnt match at all. logging out at NWAF might result in you being stuck in the ocean or under the ground. just think about green mountain and if the exact location in lingor is as high? :)

You can however run several servers with the same map on the same DB, just a matter of re-routing the stuff :)

If my clan mates are correct, vilayer will rent you a private server, but won't let you password it, which kind of defeats the purpose of running a private server to prevent cheaters.

If you can't password a private server, what's the point?

the main point in private hives are:

NO server hoppers.

Usually a regular player base

You get to know people better coz they cant just come with theyre gear and kill. they nee to stay and find the gear again.

Again im suggesting not to buy a private hive, as this company actually limits your options it seems lol and then take your money while.

You should go to tunngle.net and find all the server software you need, insted of throwing money after thoose suckers tbh.

Edited by Byrgesen