Sign in to follow this  
dwardnew16@yahoo.com

IRL Humanity

I was reading through the posts the other day and ran across a player that wanted to get his/her hero skin. The only hitch was that they had such a huge deficit in their humanity score, it would take a long time to accomplish. Most of the replies were of the "Karma is a Bitch" and "Actions have consequences" variety. True enough. I felt no pity for that player and his/her dilemma. But, the post got me thinking about Humanity Scores in general and most specifically In Real Life. What would my score be? Surely I would have my hero skin by now....LOL. I am old enough to have overcome most of the stupidity of my youth. Also, what would some of the actions be that would cause my humanity to go up/down (other than the obvious ones like murder etc.)? How much humanity would I lose for running a red light and nearly causing an accident? How much would I gain for volunteering for a Habitat for Humanity project? How much would I lose for prank calling someone? How much would I gain for holding the door open for someone? What would I lose if all I did was Troll forums all day?

And the real question, Would having my humanity score, tattooed on my wrist for the world to see, change the way I live my life?

I would like to hear some of your suggestions/comments on the topic.

I apologize in advance if this seems boring to you...I was just curious and thought I would through it out there for discussion.

• Like 1

:)mother of god(:

I haven't killed anyone yet.

• Like 1

Yeah I've heard an idea of having a large invisible hit box that surround a players so that if it's shot they take no damage, but would make it okay to kill them without getting a "murder". Of course if you were shot once it'd be set off too. Not that this thread is about that, but the reason why a lot of players humanity is so low, is because it's hard to trust a lot of players. It's pretty hard in DayZ to obtain or even keep a hero skin. It's also a bit buggy too...

Yeah I've heard an idea of having a large invisible hit box that surround a players so that if it's shot they take no damage, but would make it okay to kill them without getting a "murder". Of course if you were shot once it'd be set off too. Not that this thread is about that, but the reason why a lot of players humanity is so low, is because it's hard to trust a lot of players. It's pretty hard in DayZ to obtain or even keep a hero skin. It's also a bit buggy too...

How to troll with that system:

Learn the size of the self defense hit box through trial and error with friends or through actual experience.

Shoot outside that box in the general direction of player.

Player shoots back and either earns a murder or grants you a non-murder kill.

Repeat.

Especially fun to do to heroes and sidekicks.

Takes a little more work than pointing and shooting but would be possible to erase a heroes humanity in one kill if you're a clever troll hero.

I know it had many flaws, since most players usually kill after the first shot. I've always died at the same time, or a millisecond after hearing the shots fired. (the ones at least at me that is.)

Yeah it would have to be really big, and still many flaws.

doctors would be like gods of karma, 250 humanity for ever blood transfusion, 50 humanity for giving out paracetomal

Repeat.

I'm the hero who just breaks your legs.. and throws smoke grenades, for all the zombies in the universe to see.

• Like 1

How much weed did you smoke before coming up with that?

And do you think you should loose humanity for smoking weed?

I think humanity would only be reduced by actions that cause yourself to get jaded over time, or rewarded that get you closer to a personal revelation about moral and ethics, to put it in big words. For instance running a red light might increase your humanity if you feel ashamed afterwards that you were stupid enough to do it in the rush hour in a situation you damn well knew could cause danger. Your personal cautiousness and matureness towards small decisions would rise, changing your perspective bit by bit, which would in the long run sum up as a good increase in humanity. Likewise, while doing warez might not hurt anyone visibly, if it changed your mentality on stealing over some far-fetched brain gymnastics and it was caused by your tendency to justify small illegalities like doing warez to yourself quietly, you'd lose a small amount of humanity over time.

What I'm trying to say is that humanity would not as much be your history typed out like a log with pluses and minuses, but the sum what you currently are as a person, and how you'd react to different situations.

Learn the size of the self defense hit box through trial and error with friends or through actual experience.

Repeat.

I don't think trolls will be that accurate on varying distances, or defenders so prone to return fire if you're uncovered and can run (unless they fart a rainbow and go 'YAY RESPONSIBILITY-FREE KILL'). The net result is a very little quantity of milliTrolls. Also to counter that, I proposed that maybe the humanity penalty should just be reduced instead of removed, otherwise everyone would look like saints in a few weeks of playtime.

Sorry for the OT

think you should be given -5000 for shooting someone in the knee caps, attracting the horde then running away.... Just absolutely nasty, great fun (had it done to me, was laughing for ages) but yes pure nasty :P

Well all I have to say is thanks be to The Giant Robot in the Sky that such a thing doesn't exist in real life, I'd probably have a bandit skin. Thanks jerk now i feel bad... or do I?

Unless u were a complete asshole most of ur life (that does NOT include running a red light or making a prank phone call - jeez u bad boy you), ur fine :)

I suggested they add a -300 for wounding another non-bandit player without killing them while making the humanity reward for bandaging a bandit player 0 humanity. This would make it impossible to farm humanity since shooting bandits would cost nothing but healing them would gain you nothing. While shooting non-bandits would cost exactly the same as bloodpacking and bandaging them.

Repeat.

I think you mean "how to troll with the current system." Except there's no box. There's a bullet distance within which a flying bullet makes a whistling sound past your head in-game. Extend the box a few feet beyond that in all directions. The best part of implementing this system is that it's objectively better than the current one since trolls can already do the same thing except by firing bullets closer to your head.

I'd even suggest that pointing the gun at the box should trigger the same tag if it's unholstered.

Edited by BazBake
  • Like 1