Sign in to follow this  
boo

Found AS50 with Thermalscope

Okay so here is the thing, i was playing on FI23 and walking past pik kozlova,i heared those bug/fly´s sounds and i goed and checked the place,i found few bodys with nothing on them,but on the top of the hill,there was 2 guys and one killed with AS50 TWS,i know there is an AS50 over here,but with thermal, wiki didnt say anything about that one, and for real it was my first AS50 in whole game :D.So ofcourse i took it but because im not sure is it hacked,im asking here should i drop it because its hacked or is it normal gun in the game?

• Like 1

It's hacked. Please try and use the search function in the future, there's many posts about this weapon already.

Okay....thx anyway.Guess i have to drop my baby ;'(,there goes my gun,and now i have to continue without anything to stary :D

Edited by Boo

You don't have to drop it - it's more of a moral issue. Are you okay using a weapon which is vastly better than anything "normally" available in game? Are you okay knowing that whoever takes you down will be vastly better armed than most people?

Some server admins will ban you for using it, in that case you should report the server to DayZ staff, as they're not allowed to ban for that reason. Yes the weapon is hacked in, no you're not breaking any laws using in, unless you're the one hacking it in. Again, moral issue, not "legal" one.

edit: FYI I'm not at all advocating usage of this weapon if found, I just want OP to make up his own mind about what to do, instead of being mass guilt tripped by a bunch of people here going OMG DROP IT UR ARRESTED

Edited by Fred West

Well sorry for your loss :P, but at least your not adding to the problem by saying "Oh well I didn't hack it in so it doesn't matter" Good on you for destroying it, one less OP hacked weapon in the game. The first AS50 I found was on a Heli crash site, so it definitely wasn't hacked/duped, but I didn't even get a chance to use it before I got killed by some guy, just remember that gear is replaceable, and you'll do fine.

Thats why i dropped it,i dont want to get banned,have been banned from one server about 1month ago alrdy cause of killing admin who got L85 Thermal...but atleast i was with group and my friend got it :D

Edited by Boo
  • Like 1

Some server admins will ban you for using it, in that case you should report the server to DayZ staff, as they're not allowed to ban for that reason. Yes the weapon is hacked in, no you're not breaking any laws using in, unless you're the one hacking it in. Again, moral issue, not "legal" one.

I am pretty sure you are wrong, they will not do anything to server admins or the server. I think they realized that admins do have a right to ban people who are bring those things into their servers. It disrupts those servers and adds to the problem.

It is true no global bans are supposed to be given, but server bans can & do happen. As they should.

I am pretty sure you are wrong, they will not do anything to server admins or the server. I think they realized that admins do have a right to ban people who are bring those things into their servers. It disrupts those servers and adds to the problem.

It is true no global bans are supposed to be given, but server bans can & do happen. As they should.

I completely understand frustrated admins who get the response "proof needed" when they want to ban a hacker. However, not everyone has the DayZ wiki memorized, and not everyone frequents these forums. If some random player finds a scripted in weapon on a kill, chances are they have no idea it's not supposed to be there - and there's the problem, by server banning anyone with a weapon like that, admins risk banning a completely legitimate player.

I completely understand frustrated admins who get the response "proof needed" when they want to ban a hacker. However, not everyone has the DayZ wiki memorized, and not everyone frequents these forums. If some random player finds a scripted in weapon on a kill, chances are they have no idea it's not supposed to be there - and there's the problem, by server banning anyone with a weapon like that, admins risk banning a completely legitimate player.

Yes true, and hopefully said player will dump the gun and learn what is what. It is collateral damage in the war to keep their server clean. As long as the admin isn't abusing it, it should be a non-issue.

Finders keepers I'd say. It's the wild west out there, and possession is 9/10ths of the law. Follow your gut instinct on this one dude.

I kick players warning them to get rid of the weapon and next time I see them on the server with the gun they get banned.

Dunno about you but I'm keeping mine, I earned it, drove a bus of 12 people up the east coast getting chased by a jeep by a guy who had the as50, it's MINE

:D

Dunno about you but I'm keeping mine, I earned it, drove a bus of 12 people up the east coast getting chased by a jeep by a guy who had the as50, it's MINE

:D

They're talking about a Thermal AS-50, not a normal AS-50.

LTFR

OH FFS People it is just a gun in the game.

It isn't over powered any more than a M107 or regular AS50; it just allows you to hunt more efficiently. I found one...well several dozen in fact on US204 and have been using one for a couple of weeks now. I use it to help guys get off the coast and to kill bandits/snipers who are trying to kill the newbies coming off the coast.

• Like 1

Its an over powered cannon that was removed from the game for a reason.

To the above post its overpowered as it has thermal and thermal is overpowered.

The only legit thermal weapon has downsides to it that offset its thermal and its not a .50cal sniper that requires zero skill to use.

Hacked weapons should be left on the corpse and the corpse should be hid, also take note of the name of the player and report to the admin of the server

So if someone was a legitimate player like myself and several others that I play with that have picked them up off hackers we have been fortunate enough to kill we should be reported???

You sir are a freaking idiot. The weapon itself is not any different than the non-thermal version. The scope has real limitations and just like the scope on the L85 it isn't accurate but you can adjust for the inaccuracies. The power of the weapon is not the weapon itself...it is the fact that whiners and snipers who like to hunt newbies can't hide from players that steal or use the weapon. I have publicly outed the camp where we found them on US204 and it has been raided/looted/satchel charged to high heave over and over but all they have done is spread out the tents all over the island. It doesn't change the fact that they are still in the game and until they do a complete database wipe they will be in the game. BUT then they will be right back in the game as soon as some script kiddie spawns them into the servers.

So if someone was a legitimate player like myself and several others that I play with that have picked them up off hackers we have been fortunate enough to kill we should be reported???

You sir are a freaking idiot. The weapon itself is not any different than the non-thermal version. The scope has real limitations and just like the scope on the L85 it isn't accurate but you can adjust for the inaccuracies. The power of the weapon is not the weapon itself...it is the fact that whiners and snipers who like to hunt newbies can't hide from players that steal or use the weapon. I have publicly outed the camp where we found them on US204 and it has been raided/looted/satchel charged to high heave over and over but all they have done is spread out the tents all over the island. It doesn't change the fact that they are still in the game and until they do a complete database wipe they will be in the game. BUT then they will be right back in the game as soon as some script kiddie spawns them into the servers.

There is no way for a player to know if you hacked in a weapon or you are using one you found and or duped, I say report as the gun is not meant to be in game. The reason the dayZ team have said its ok to use the weapon is because some people don't know what guns are legit and what ones are hacked, so it would be unfair to ban them for not knowing. You on the other hand know its a hacked weapon and continue to use it and you also encourage others to use the hacked weapons so I would say that you are part of the problem.Reporting someone for using a hacked weapon is the right thing to do as its the only way we as a community can try to stop the rampant cheating.There is a huge differnce between it and the legit weapon, it can be used at night(dark nights) and its fuckin thermal.

Edited by MurQ

that's horse shit because there is no way to proove the weapon they're using isnt legit... because the gun DID spawn at one time and people still do have legit versions of it.

• Like 1

Keep the gun... the amount of them is ridiculous high right now so if you hide the body you will encounter another one in a day or 2.

Have a blast try to kill someone, if you get kill, oh well... but you tried it.

• Like 1

that's horse shit because there is no way to proove the weapon they're using isnt legit... because the gun DID spawn at one time and people still do have legit versions of it.

But why add to the problem?One of the issues is that people are duping the hacked weapons so by not doing the right thing you are just adding to the problem.The amount of legit non duped non hacked AS50 TWS would be tiny as they where removed back in May and there has been at least 1 tent wipe since then.IIRC there where only 50k players at the time of its removal Also it was removed because it was overpowered

But why add to the problem?One of the issues is that people are duping the hacked weapons so by not doing the right thing you are just adding to the problem.The amount of legit non duped non hacked AS50 TWS would be tiny as they where removed back in May and there has been at least 1 tent wipe since then.IIRC there where only 50k players at the time of its removal Also it was removed because it was overpowered

Sooo because other people are dip shits and duping / hacking items people that worked hard and found these weapons are to be fucked over and have there hard work shat on because others abuse the system? Christ.... Are we sure this game isnt based in the US because when I watch the news this is the same shit im hearing on other subjects..... ONLY IN AMERRRIIICCAAAAA

• Like 1

It doesn't change the fact that they are still in the game and until they do a complete database wipe they will be in the game. BUT then they will be right back in the game as soon as some script kiddie spawns them into the servers.

Still would take a while for them to spread everywhere....bring the wipe!

I know just as many AS50 thermal tents as I do ones that have the regular AS50.. Still can't find a KSVK in one. One did have gold revolver's and M4 ACOG GL. :P