liam@venturefox.com

Players in last 24 hours dropping fast.

Yeah, when it's actual companies working on an actual game.

DayZ as it currently stands, is a mod being developed by one guy.

Doesn't mean much. Companies like Riot Games started with extremely small staffs and 1 game, and I'll be honest, I haven't seen customer support like that in the gaming industry since Valve got started. If they made another game that I can find some sort of interest in, I would have no problem throwing money at them. When the mod has 1,000,000 unique players, I think it's time to start asking for a team, especially when your parent company has already greenlighted you for a standalone release. Same with Team Fortress, Counter Strike, Gary's Mod, etc. Sorry I only named Valve games, but it's really late and that's all that came to mind immediately, lol.

Doesn't mean much. Companies like Riot Games started with extremely small staffs and 1 game, and I'll be honest, I haven't seen customer support like that in the gaming industry since Valve got started. If they made another game that I can find some sort of interest in, I would have no problem throwing money at them. When the mod has 1,000,000 unique players, I think it's time to start asking for a team, especially when your parent company has already greenlighted you for a standalone release. Same with Team Fortress, Counter Strike, Gary's Mod, etc. Sorry I only named Valve games, but it's really late and that's all that came to mind immediately, lol.

I never said that small teams can't make great games.

All I'm saying that it's -really- hard for -one- guy to make -fast- and -great- patches that work, for a -mod- on an extremely buggy engine.

Rocket has said that he's looking for a team currently, so he can work on the standalone -and- the mod. So in the standalone, fast and working patches should be more than possible.

Edit; No worries about the Valve games. Though, Valve was an enormous company compared to Rocket when those came out.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

i will upload a video of why i stopped playing this game tomorrow.. it is fucking hilarious!!

that said, i still love dayz, and have only stopped playing it as much. my suggestion to fix a bunch of problems would be to roll back the "official" version of dayz to when it was a bit more stable, then release updates after they have been stress tested. this stress testing will be done by people that actually care about the modding community, thus both sides benefit, including the developers. they will still receive a wealth of data and be able to update the general public with more stable ideas, thus criticism is aimed at playbility/authenticity, not this constant hatred towards bugs..

this game was targeted at a very small minority, but has blown up simply because of how awesome it's concept is. it has over a million players that were never expected to be here, which i think is almost a bad thing in it's current stages (not really, considering the wealth of data obtained. a lot of people just need to grow up)

keep breaking the game dev team, i have had the adrenaline rush this game gives me anywhere else, and i love extreme sports..

edit: it would not be hard for the dev team to enforce what version dayz servers run, leaving a small percentage of servers (spread equally around the world) for people to play on that are serious about testing this game..

Edited by Haplo

So you say "its an Alpha version" trololo stuff, that ok, BUT you should know when to use it.

as far as I know you are not a part of dev team and you are not a tester for this mod so you have nothing to do with the "Alpha" term.

As Maktyr said, there is a problem right now, and I am sure that we are not the only three people who stopped playing DayZ because of the shit they did with the last patch.

What if zombie spawn script or PVP system was disabled?

would you still have fun playing DayZ and throw the "its Alpha, its Alpha, you are whiny kids" all over the forum?

Tents and vehicles worked fine until the 1.7.2.5 patch, so or it was disabled by Rocket or it was somehow broken what I don't see any reason for that to happen.

I think it was disabled.

Me and friend didn't played DayZ for a week, because there is nothing to do when everything is broken, we found 4 vehicles and we don't have any use for them.

maybe if you are a noob who live at the beach you find a lot off interesting stuff to do there trying to find Makarov.

My team had another plans but its impossible right now. so just walking around and killing everything is the only thing left, I am not interested in this.

Its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha its alpha trololo its alpha

You don't have to be on the dev team to be an alpha tester. Everyone who plays DayZ right now is an alpha tester. You load up the game, do your thing and report bugs and give feedback on the forums.

'What if zombie spawn script or PVP system was disabled?'

Yes... If they disabled 2/3 of the game it probably wouldn't be fun any more. Well done. I'm really not sure what your point here was though. I mean, that's like saying 'what if they disabled skating in Tony Hawk's?'...

TBH I've been mixing it up and playing a bit of Lingor as well an Chern lately and DayZ/ARMA is far from the only game I play, so that might contribute to my lack of boredom. But really, I'm fine with tents and vehicles not saving properly. I had that bug where you respawn on the coast with a completely empty inventory happen to me not so long ago, so I've been trying to get my shit back, lol.

well its not really an alpha. its a mod as what has been said. its a mod to Ama2. its like an expansion to arma 2 really. go to expansions you can even turn the mod off.

You clearly don't know what alpha testing is... Alpha is an early phase in something's development. Usually indev, alpha, beta, finished product.

Just because this is a mod, doesn't mean it can't have an alpha phase. Look at the Galactic Warfare mod for Call of Duty 4 for example. That also had a long alpha testing phase.

Edited by mZLY

I think the problem is that a lot of these people haven't tested before and think they're just playing a game.

If you don't want to have to play around and avoid bugs then wait for the DayZ stand alone 1.0.0 (not the winter 2012 alpha version). This will probably be a year or more down the line but it will be finished and bug free.

Stop complaining until then, please...

The problem is the bigger websites advertising this game like it was finished. I think most of the players either read over the part where this is a mod and is an alpha or hearing from other people how fabolous the "game" is and of course the expectations beeing so high a lot of players are brought to reality pretty fast and brutal. Who wouldn't be disappointed and stop playing with more and more bugs adding nail after nail to the coffin?

Sort the @#!*% tents and vehicle saving out, in a game without any true objectives these are core elements that you've managed to break in the last patch. The alpha test is going to be burnt to a cinder unless these items are fixed pronto. You should also put some @#!*% quality control into your patches, stop releasing small (buggy) fixes which somehow manage to break massive chunks of the game which keep people addicted. I stopped playing about a week ago, because without tents and vehicles the game is rubbish. I've been watching the Dayzmod homepage every few days and see the players last active within 24 hours dropping by tens of thousands each time I check back. At this pace there will be no players left in a month! Forget all the momentum building up to the standalone when you've @#!*% off most players and server admins like this!

Whenever he releases a fix, it can break other things. It's an ALPHA. If you don't know what that means, google it. Right now. I mean it.

I'm pretty sure that everyone knows that DayZ is currently in alpha stage, hence "Download (alpha version)". I believe that the tent, vehicle bugs and graphical anomalies are making this game frustrating, again I know that this is only an alpha but I seriously hope that these bugs will be addressed as soon as possible.

when there are 1000000 players, Devs could work a little bit harder to fix the major bugs at least.

when anything reach this level you can't say its alpha.

read the topic post again...

It's not about 'protecting' or 'defending' anything. The simple fact is, you are wrong.

No matter how many times you say it, it doesn't change a thing. It is an open alpha test whether there are five people testing it, or a million. The fact that suddenly a metric assload of people downloaded it and started griping doesn't change where he's at in development.

The guy's been at Gamescom and now PAX. Events that only happen once in a while. Yes, it's unfortunate timing that the patch broke saving equipment. Unfortunately it means we have to wait until he has time to fix it.

You people act like since they announced a standalone, that *poof* there was an entire team assembled and waiting to immediately move forward on coding. I don't feel like putting out the words to describe that thought process.

Asking so much when this game is totally free and in Alpha. Spoiled brat. Read some interview with Rocket. Their team and he know what they are doing and be rest assured that they are not going to milk this for the money, but actually want a good game. If you can do better, then try it. But don't complain if you aren't even doing anything. This game won't die and I'm 99.99% sure of that. A lot of people just taking a break or doing whatever while they are super excited for the standalone release. This is big and it will stay big.

Hi,

Suggestion: servers downgrade to 2.4 :P , i'm sure nobody suggested this yet.

Also i'm really pissed off, just found my first tent, and couldn't even use it and complain about it not being saved, because i got eaten by a stupid zombie at night! I mean, i've just found a ent! After two weeks playing! Damn!

Having just read this thread I need to comment.

DayZ isn't a game.

It is a mod.

Everybody playing it is actually testing it.

Coming on here and whinging about bugs that the entire community is aware of just reinforces one thing. It has been said time and again. The sense of entitlement this current generation have is astonishing.

If you cannot cope with the fact that this is an ALPHA, and by definition broken, then you should hang your as50 tws over the fireplace, put your beans back in the cupboard and go play CoD.

If u don't like the quality of the mod(which aint exactly high),just go play something else. A few relaxing rounds of mechwarrior or a bit of starcraft will make u remember what playing a clean game feels like ;)

No, I have no lack of intelligence, I maybe even have more than you and I know how things work in Arma and DayZ, you can read my replays to people who was whining about something some times, I also told them that its alpha or that its Arma engine and its problematic to do such and such things.

if you think that you are "protecting" Rocket from "kids" like me, you are wrong...

you don't even see the difference between real issue and "its an Alpha" case.

I am not talking about that there is nothing to do anymore, I am talking about all the bugs that appeared recently such as broken tents etc.

when there are 1000000 players, Devs could work a little bit harder to fix the major bugs at least.

when anything reach this level you can't say its alpha.

read the topic post again...

Yeah, I can tell you lots of "intelligence" and a knowledge of "Arma 2 and Day Z" which is a stupid thing to say as if you did, then you'd know all about alpha, beta testing, etc.

So this is basically another WAAAAH I paid $30 for Arma 2, its a piece of shit, I wouldn't of bought it otherwise! posts is it?

It doesn't matter how many players there are, it is still alpha testing.

I did read the topic post, but as I'm disagreeing with you that means I didn't read the topic, am a troll, etc.

Funny thing I had noticed today, I was playing on a private hive today, and before 3 o'clock my time (when school gets out for the kids) near everyone was friendly, not a carebear fest. hell no, but no one shot at the medics, the hero skins only took fire if they were armed and the shooter was a bandit skin, survivors almost always got along, people actually traded more then just bullets out of their guns. Then right when school was supposed to go out, I got shot at while unarmed and in a hero skin. God damnit I hate the kids that play this game. They think it's just another shooter with zombies. So damn annoying. I'm not a carebear, I love to hunt down bandits but I hate the KOS mentality. So the decrease of players is a fantastic thing to me!

DayZ isn't a game.

It is a mod.

Everybody playing it is actually testing it.

So? what its says to me?

I told it already and I will say it again: if we testing it, then why when we report artifacts (for example), (like 80% of players got artifacts), Devs doing nothing about it?

and this could be solved in 30min, if Rocket would simply remove the dead soldiers from the map.

I hope that standalone will be as good as Rocket says and that the access to the game engine code will let them create much better game.

I am waiting for DayZ MOD to be released for private hive so If I will have time, I will edit it and play...

You people act like since they announced a standalone, that *poof* there was an entire team assembled and waiting to immediately move forward on coding. I don't feel like putting out the words to describe that thought process.

ah, you just can't understand what happens?

If you know the process of creating game you will know that in this case its less then 1/3 of it.

all the weapons, models, physics, world map etc. is already exist.

They are NOT building this standalone from scratch. so when you will buy DayZ Game you will get heavily modified Arma 2 with DayZ Mod included.