scourg3

Your "hidden" camps.

I don't know if it's just me, but I am always finding players "hidden" camps.

Walking around in the woods outside of Cherno, oh look! Three tents "hidden" behind some trees.

Travelling across the land, finally reach the top of a massive mountain, oh goody! Two vehicles with weapons, ammo, food and drink.

Randomly wandering the forest somewhere in the East, oh yay! A tent "hidden" in some bushes with the usual gear. Thanks for the G17 mags!

Leaving the NW Airfield after acquiring a M107, oh for gods sake! Why did you think hiding your tent beside a tent in the middle of the field was a good idea? Thanks for the cooked meat though!

Are people just complete idiots and are completely incompetent at making hidden camps? Or what?

Because I don't understand...

• Like 3

G17 mags? Cooked Meat? Why would anyone go out of their way to properly hide a tent with those contents?

• Like 1

Are people just complete idiots and are completely incompetent at making hidden camps? Or what?

Because I don't understand...

This.

The map is to small, it takes real ingenuity to hide a tent and even more for a vehicle.

And what everyone else forgets is you know that really really clever place you thought you hid your camp well I as well as several thousand players have already thought of it.

There are now so many tents on all servers that your bound to stumble on a few, let's not forget that a lot of camps were set up as quick holds around places like Cherno and never meant be be permanent camps.

Because tents are bugged in 1.7.2.5 if you're not aware. Therefore there's no reason to hide them. Either the contents guaranteed dupes on server restart and no one can stop it/alter the contents to prevent duping (not even smashing the tent affects it), or the tent won't save anything and is useless anyway.

EDIT: Same with vehicles.

But also what Lumberjack said. It's surprisingly hard to put a tent in a location that isn't well traveled. If anyone even goes remotely near where a tent/car is, they're ridiculously easy to spot.

Edited by Venthos

Tent out in the open is sniper bait and anyone who openly runs to check a tent out in the open is a complete moron. I don't go near a tent if it's within 1000 meters of a building or road since I've been sniped in some really ridiculous places trying to loot a tent in a seemly empty forest.

I have my camp far North-East, far away from any points of interest, in thick pine trees.

No place is perfect, but since it is (usually) a low-population server it has been safe so far.

I'm more worried about the server destroying my stuff than other survivors.

middle of NWA = bait... dumbass.

I put one in the middle of NWAF on us 1584. I was clearing the tents to speed up the loot respawn and needed somewhere to put all of the goodies that I wasn't using. Sniper mags, grenades just stuf that is no use to a survivor.

It wasn't bait, mate. It was another one of those random acts of kindness that some people just don't seem capable of in this game. Rather than destroy the contents.

You guys have to remember - NOT everybody in this game wants to kill you.

• Like 2

You guys have to remember - NOT everybody in this game wants to kill you.

Just most ;)

Ive had a tent up for 5 days. I thought it was a great place to hide it. Turns out there are 5 (single) tents with 300metres of my tents. I did a quick scan of the area before I layed mine down, but because I go through that area alot I end up finding them.

There is a tent floating in the middle of the ocean 2km from the coast on one server. True story. It has a single bandage in it.

The camps that are well hidden are the ones you don't find.

there are servers everywhere you can find tents everywhere... just everywhere with good weps and stuff... Only hackers can do that for fun i think...

Edited by Doodler

LOL..... trust me you found nothing....what you foudn was simply the idiots who are running into cherno and stroing their gear in a tent for a short period, and you seem to get lucky and arrive whilst they are away. If you get an atv or anything skirt the outline of the map and you'll find ATLEAST one vehicle I guarantee that, as well as the tent situation most people never put all their eggs in one basket sort of deal. Most people camp along the edge of the mpa up north, or more commonly past Kamenka where the map ends.

The best locations imo are the islands of otmel veyr rarely people even go on those, unlike skallisty, I have also seen a lot of tents near lakes in tlal grass or partially/fully in the water as someone stated above.

I have my camp far North-East, far away from any points of interest, in thick pine trees.

No place is perfect, but since it is (usually) a low-population server it has been safe so far.

I'm more worried about the server destroying my stuff than other survivors.

Let me guess on the other side of the gully that cuts in land all the way NE super secret spot bro....Found a heli stashed up there once the shit people hide up their is crazy, usually due to people ditching their vehicle for the PBX.

Hiding tents properly is very hard, cherno is not that extremely big at last,

Places outside of the map (i am talking Northeast of berezino, north of the airfields and west of zeleno etc.) are well known to have hidden camps, just as well as places like green mountain, northeast stary etc.

places someone wont find are really hard to find, i only found one or two so far where my camps never got raided

The point is, why hide it in a popular travelling area.

I found two tents on the hill behind Balota. And one, near an open field, between Balota and Cherno. Like, everyone travels that way.

Not much of an m107 fan, but thanks for it anyway, and the big bagpack and the gps.

I don't think anyone has found my tent yet. It is placed a good minute walk into a forest from in a non-cardinal compass direction from an inconspicuous bush. If I die, I cannot find it reliably until I pick up a compass. Still, it is reasonably near all the daily necessities, and I eagerly await tents saving properly so I can stash them.

My first camp was in a bit more open position, but I was very surprised that you could see it from far away due to distance culling of vegetation.

As others said, tents in the open are death traps. If you don't get shot exploring them, you can assume that it is due to the sniper not currently being online

Edited by -Freshmeat

I always put gear in empty tents, like a meat stake and a can of drink in case someone comes by and finds it and I too come across tents and vehicles a lot. I've found 5 tents in a church in electro and even a tent pitch out in the middle of the ocean lol - i dunno how they managed that one. Most tents i find are empty though.

People walk all over the place trying to avoid each other so no camp is hidden forever.

Edited by cab435

Cover the whole map multiple times. Establish your own hidden camp multiple times with vehicles. Fly around the whole map a bunch and see all other camps. There is no good place that can't be found.