MXGStatik

Are AS50 TWS's in the game or hacked?

I found one with 7 NATO rounds on a dead sniper, just wondering if it's in the game or if it can only hacked in?..

Scripted in.

Put it on a body and then hide the body.

It's a super OP advantage.

But hey, I can't make your decision.

• Like 1

I have one.

Swapping it out for the first sniper I find, hopefully a DMR.

It's ridiculously OP.

I'll keep it until i find another sniper rifle :) Or when I run out of bullets cause I got a spare m16 in my backpack! Thanks for the help guys :)

Scripted in.

Put it on a body and then hide the body.

It's a super OP advantage.

But hey, I can't make your decision.

This.

Although in reality you're probably buzzing that it's overpowered and now plan to camp the starting areas to get yourself some frree, OP kills.

• Like 1

If your going to keep it make sure the server your going onto allows hacked weapons. A lot of admins will ban you on the spot for just having that weapon as they can't tell there and then whether it was you who scripted it in or somebody else. That takes time to go through the logs which aint going to happen straight away.

Myself I'd ban you on the spot incase your the script kiddie who spawned it and worry about your ban later. If I found you dident script it then I'd lift the ban but I'll always protect the other 49 players on the server over somebody with a hacked in weapon.

Best thing to do is put it on a dead player or zombie and hide the body.

• Like 4

Of all the hacked weapons to have, the TWS is the most legal as it was originally in the game at a later date and has been removed as of recently. Because of this, Id keep it. If you get banned, you have an excellent case against the admin. Disregarding the rule that you cant be banned for using a hacked weapons, the admins don't know 100% that its hacked in (neither do you) because as far as you know, that player may have been a veteran who had managed to keep it since it was removed.

Edited by 97ADU Doug

Of all the hacked weapons to have, the TWS is the most legal as it was originally in the game at a later date and has been removed as of recently. Because of this, Id keep it. If you get banned, you have an excellent case against the admin. Disregarding the rule that you cant be banned for using a hacked weapons, the admins don't know 100% that its hacked in (neither do you) because as far as you know, that player may have been a veteran who had managed to keep it since it was removed.

Um, no. I can't think of a time when that gun was ever legal in DayZ. It's perfectly normal in ArmaII vanilla, but not this mod.

There exist some lingering TWS (Thermal Weapons Sight) versions of this rifle in DayZ. They were previously removed from spawns in the 1.5.x update but sometimes do re-appear, most likely from a veteran losing it or a hacker spawning it into the game.

Edited by KieranL

The weapon did exist but 99% of the ones in the system now are either hacked or duped in. Chances are you will never find a legit one.

Didn't they wipe all of the legit ones from the db?

I'm playing on someone i knows server and both admins were with me when i found it so i should be safe :)

yes like the other guy said.. there was AS50 TWS' in DayZ in previous updates, but it was removed.. so in theory atleast, it could be a player who have had it for a loooooooong time.. but odds are it is a hacked weapon.

They are in the game and you can use them if you find them.

It is ok to advertise their locations at this website, (but if you ask for one your thread will be deleted) here is a link to a location for x50 each duped hacked weapons:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/82460-free-camp-loot-weapons-galore/#entry777642

I used to take out hacked weapons from tents and save the tents, but this website ruined all that by their blatent inneficiency. So fuck it. Lets join em' I'm now going to start to use the tws also.

When i find one, i use it to counter snipe all the snipers and then throw it away

Either way there seems to be a fair number of them still circulating...must be like 11299% of what was accidentally added because that takes most of the space after scanning the logs...meanwhile Rocket must have accidentally "dropped in" some M4 Holo GL SD Camo because they show up a lot lately, too.

Well when they fix the duping and magical respawning tents they should do a complete DB wipe and clear everything and that would restore rare weapons back where they belong.

When i find one, i use it to counter snipe all the snipers and then throw it away

Basically, you mean you will NEVER throw it away, right?

I looked on the internet for almost an hour at school before I posted the topic, I seen I could only find the normal AS50 and I thought they weren't in the game so I came here for confirmation..

I thought they all got replaced by normal as50's , so pretty much all of them are hacked if what you say is right.

Um, no. I can't think of a time when that gun was ever legal in DayZ. It's perfectly normal in ArmaII vanilla, but not this mod.

Then you must be relatively new to the mod, in much older updates it was a legit loot spawn in dayz, it was then removed from the loot tables, however it was not wiped from the hive. Think about, if the dayz dev team could wipe weapons from the hive, why do hack weapons continue to circulate??

Bottom line is that it was in the game and its legal to use it. If an admin bans you, appeal it because they have no right to, and will be reprimanded when caught out.