Son, if you keep up your bitchin', I will break

you so hard, Google won't be able to find you.

No. I'm quite tired of you forum douches backing everything the dev team does and says. And they don't sale scripts to hack google bud. That is only Dayz.

• Like 1

No. I'm quite tired of you forum douches backing everything the dev team does and says. And they don't sale scripts to hack google bud. That is only Dayz.

You're not going to make any progress, nothing productive from threads like this. If you expected anything different you're an idiot. Enjoy the mod or don't, it's your choice. Voice your constructive criticism about the mod, not the development staff, not the moderators, and not other forums posters. I'd expect some level of professionalism from somebody has their BA in Economics and Business. Instead, you sound like a 14 year old forum troll, but you claim to be 33.

What is wrong with younger gamers. Why do they think that game devs are obligated to report their every move? Same crying goes on in the Blizzard forums. I am certain they will inform us when there is something to say. Patience young ones don't come to the forums demanding stuff with rude attitude. Communication towards players has improved quite a lot from the time I was a teenager.

Give constructive feedback, it will be read. But don't expect a reply from the devs.

I think most people were hoping that they could hotfix a few simple things so that the mod was more playable till standalone. I don't remember seeing wiping drool in the list of requests.

It wouldn't be playable at all if they followed the closed alpha approach, would you be bitching about that on there forums to? You seem to forget that you are privileged along with all of us to be able to actually play.

"Alpha is the stage when key gameplay functionality is implemented, and assets are partially finished.[138] A game in alpha is feature complete, that is, game is playable and contains all the major features.[139] These features may be further revised based on testing and feedback.[138]Additional small, new features may be added, similarly planned, but unimplemented features may be dropped.[139] Programmers focus mainly on finishing the codebase, rather than implementing additions.[137] Alpha occurs eight to ten months before code release."

GAME IS PLAYABLE, I can play, so can you? yes some things don't work, yes texture bugs happen but its all part of development. Also note "key gameplay functionality is implemented" which doesn't mean "fix all bugs hurr durr" it means add features, things to do. BETA is when bug fixing is generally done.

Edited by HighPiez
  • Like 4

Jesus tap-dancing chris the OP is a dick.

I think Rocket should personally ban this guy from DayZ, Arma2 and these forums.

With that attitude you will prob be offered a job. lol

It wouldn't be playable at all if they followed the closed alpha approach, would you be bitching about that on there forums to? You seem to forget that you are privileged along with all of us to be able to actually play.

"Alpha is the stage when key gameplay functionality is implemented, and assets are partially finished.[138] A game in alpha is feature complete, that is, game is playable and contains all the major features.[139] These features may be further revised based on testing and feedback.[138]Additional small, new features may be added, similarly planned, but unimplemented features may be dropped.[139] Programmers focus mainly on finishing the codebase, rather than implementing additions.[137] Alpha occurs eight to ten months before code release."

GAME IS PLAYABLE, I can play, so can you? yes some things don't work, yes texture bugs happen but its all part of development. Also note "key gameplay functionality is implemented" which doesn't mean "fix all bugs hurr durr" it means add features, things to do. BETA is when bug fixing is generally done.

What you fail to realize is that this is about how forum admins talk to people and how people who wonder what is up with an update for a mod that was promised support for.

What is wrong with younger gamers. Why do they think that game devs are obligated to report their every move? Same crying goes on in the Blizzard forums. I am certain they will inform us when there is something to say. Patience young ones don't come to the forums demanding stuff with rude attitude. Communication towards players has improved quite a lot from the time I was a teenager.

Give constructive feedback, it will be read. But don't expect a reply from the devs.

I'm 32 years old dude. So you are mistaken.

A latest post from the "Forum Admin" says that he will run it by Rocket that we would like a hotfix for a few issues. And he adds that if we comment and ask properly that Rocket may even enjoy giving us updates.

This has been a recurring attitude that somehow because the mod doesn't make money that the dev team is somehow giving us something free and we should all be thankful for that. A recurring theme that seems like Rocket hates this process or perhaps his job? Maybe he will enjoy giving us updates?

Well maybe if you speak to the community like a half ass professional I will enjoy giving you my money for the stand alone that the mod that we have tested, advertised, and brought the world of gamings attention to has built up to the point that it is going to make millions of dollars.

If you guys are so oh we don't need to do this if we don't want to. Go ahead, show us those balls of steel and just drop the entire project. Don't release the stand alone and show us all who's the big bad boss man here. Go ahead.

I got a feeling that there is about 30 million reasons at least that you release that game and you'll enjoy every penny. The mod is finished? Fine, time to start treating us like future consumers!

Couldnt agree with you more. Anyone here naive enough to think rocket didnt make a dime from this need to graduate kindergarden. Rocket works for Bohemia interactive, If you made your company 34 million dollars in a matter of 4 months, do you REALLY think there bohemia isnt givving you a big FAT bonus? If you really think these devs are going to get away with brushing off 1.1 MILLION fans then they have another thing coming.

Edited by siam331
  • Like 1

Yeah. I agree. Focus on the standalone. Fine. But don't tell us that your going to continue supporting the mod and then throw the attitudes they throw at us when people are wondering when they are going to do some simple hot fixes. Simply say, hey, we are not going to support the mod. It's over and people will quit asking. But for the admins to give us the attitudes of we don't need your money, you don't matter we got a million people now, Rocket hates giving you updates, and all this talking down to people is not acceptable to a lot of people. Steams peak numbers for Arma says a lot about what people think right now. I'm just voicing that in here. Not a good time to add fuel to the fire by telling people you don't need them.

I get what you are trying to say and I also see why you are upset but your expectations are way too high. This mod is not a BI project. It belongs to Rocket, this site belongs to rocket. BI doesn't stand behind the mod. Only because of the mod they decided to offer Rocket a contract so he can officially develop a completely seperate DayZ as a BI project. I don't think they hired him to work during office hours on his mod.

DayZ the mod is made and supported by Rocket. He is the PR department for the mod. BI has no say in this. Rocket could have gone to any other company with his mod. Of course now he is getting a bit of support from BI for the mod but it is still just his project.

What if BI never hired him? What if he would still develop it without any connection to BI? Don't you think he would tell people to suck it if they are yelling at him?

People have ridiculous expectations because they think this is a alpha release of a game with a big company behind it. But it is not. It's just one guy who might have some help now but still for nada dollars.

• Like 5

It is Rocket's job, I guess. That might be why he is doing all those interviews that people like to complain about.

Anyway, the pace at which he releases updates is his own business, there is no need to create all these 'get-to-work!' threads. The word 'entitlement' gets used a lot these days... And with good reason.

There is no PR department for the mod, and when Rocket does PR for the standalone, people complain that he isn't coding or writing here instead..

And no developer has been whining about not enjoying their job. Stop making shit up.

Also, if I'm an asshole because of my post, then so is the OP as they were basically identical.

Making stuff up? You can visit the thread 1.7.2.5 patch that was locked after an admin said that Rocket might even enjoy giving you your updates if you ask nicely. That is what it says and what I wrote. And this is not a rant about fixing things. It's a post about the treatment of people who are looking for those fixes. Fixes that are expected due to posts that there will be continued support for the mod. And the post in the 1.7.2.5 patch directed toward other members of this community prompted me to write a post and speak out about it. So let's be clear here what this OP was all about. And you backed that up with a rant on how the individual is irrelevant. A not so popular stance with most of your community who just happen to be US players and individualism is pretty important here in case you have not noticed.

What you fail to realize is that this is about how forum admins talk to people and how people who wonder what is up with an update for a mod that was promised support for.

Whats that saying? "treat others with the same respect you'd want them to treat you" haven't seen any respect for rocket or the forum admins, why should they respect you? everyday they come into people whining about the same stupid shit day in, day out, when most of the whine can be answered by using your own brain. They also don't have to let you or us know every little detail, look up what support means perhaps and come back.

• Like 1

Hey Gumpnstein? Run down to the store and get me some smokes and a sixpack.

What? It is not your job you say? Well, that's why I ain't paying you for it. Now get to work, chop-chop!

This is exactly the kind of unprofessional behaviour that is ruining the game for alot of people. If you arent getting paid then find another job. If you want to be an admin then represent your company with a professional response.

Whats that saying? "treat others with the same respect you'd want them to treat you" haven't seen any respect for rocket or the forum admins, why should they respect you? everyday they come into people whining about the same stupid shit day in, day out, when most of the whine can be answered by using your own brain. They also don't have to let you or us know every little detail, look up what support means perhaps and come back.

Why dont you submit a Steam ticket with a rude comment? Go see the professional response you get from them. This isnt about getting the respect back this is about being a professional team. The OP isnt a part of a team that can potentially make millions of dollars, hes just sitting at home so he has no obligation to be professional.

Edited by siam331

I'm 32 years old dude. So you are mistaken.

Well then I need to wonder even more :) I guess you are pissed because you bought Arma II to play independent free mod in alpha phase? There aren't really that much people working on this. I am sorry if you were led to believe that DayZ is a polished game. Personally I have warned everybody that the mod is buggy as hell and those bugs will take a long time to fix. So far everybody who bought Arma to play DayZ has accepted that. They knew what they were getting, maybe you didn't. And about the possible rudeness of forum staff, if you are polite you will be treated politely. I personally don't mind if forum staff acts like humans. "Customer" isn't always right and they should have some manners too.

• Like 3

This is exactly the kind of unprofessional behaviour that is ruining the game for alot of people. If you arent getting paid then find another job. If you want to be an admin then represent your company with a professional response.

Lol so let me understand this, something on the forum is ruining the game for you? wow how people are these days. IDK if its cause I'm still kinda young (19) but i found his post to be pretty funny, and much rather prefer it from your generic forum admin response.

• Like 3

Why dont you submit a Steam ticket with a rude comment? Go see the professional response you get from them. This isnt about getting the respect back this is about being a professional team. The OP isnt a part of a team that can potentially make millions of dollars, hes just sitting at home so he has no obligation to be professional.

Did you miss the idea that the admins are volunteers? Not getting paid? Bohemia isn't 'their company'. If you submit a ticket to Steam, you're submitting it to somebody who is getting paid to be nice and courteous to you, because you PAID for something and in turn if that Steam employee wants to continue getting paid, he'll be courteous and professional. Neither point excuses people from being rude and negative to forum staff or the developers. ALL of this is the idea behind the Rocket Defense League and the Anti-Rocket Army. So chill your heels, relax, and stop the flame warm.

If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything. Even if you want to complain about some aspect of the mod, the forums, or the color of the sky, you can still do it politely and not sound like a 14 year old forum troll.

• Like 6

@ Siam331

Read what Lonrem said please, kthnbye.

edit: tbh its worthy of being the 1st post on a new page so ima quote it for you.

Did you miss the idea that the admins are volunteers? Not getting paid? Bohemia isn't 'their company'. If you submit a ticket to Steam, you're submitting it to somebody who is getting paid to be nice and courteous to you, because you PAID for something and in turn if that Steam employee wants to continue getting paid, he'll be courteous and professional. Neither point excuses people from being rude and negative to forum staff or the developers. ALL of this is the idea behind the Rocket Defense League and the Anti-Rocket Army. So chill your heels, relax, and stop the flame warm.

If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything. Even if you want to complain about some aspect of the mod, the forums, or the color of the sky, you can still do it politely and not sound like a 14 year old forum troll.

Edited by HighPiez
  • Like 1

Making stuff up? You can visit the thread 1.7.2.5 patch that was locked after an admin said that Rocket might even enjoy giving you your updates if you ask nicely. That is what it says and what I wrote.

This is what Griff said:

"Ok folks, I'll ask Rocket to give you an update. Please calm yourselves though...if he gets a civil and dignified response, he may even enjoy giving updates."

So my point stands, no developer has been whining about not enjoying their job. There is a difference between forum staff and developers, but I think other people have already explained it to you.

The thread was closed after 120 pages of the same comments over and over, by the way.

And this is not a rant about fixing things. It's a post about the treatment of people who are looking for those fixes. Fixes that are expected due to posts that there will be continued support for the mod.

It is being worked on, have some patience. It is just a game.

And the post in the 1.7.2.5 patch directed toward other members of this community prompted me to write a post and speak out about it.

You, and the 800 other people who make these posts every day. It is not necessary to drown the forum in whines, people are aware that there are problems.

And you backed that up with a rant on how the individual is irrelevant. A not so popular stance with most of your community who just happen to be US players and individualism is pretty important here in case you have not noticed.

Sorry, I don't know what you are referring to. Can you point me to the rant in question?

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 6

Watching this forum over the last month has been a real eye-opener for me as to why I've never seen an open alpha before.

As much as people like to argue (ad nauseum) to the contrary, in an alpha test, they do not owe us a thing as far as updates to playability.

• Like 5

Let me educate you with an analogy. If i join the Microsoft forums as a volunteer and act like a dick to the customers, Microsoft would high roll my ass outa the forums and apologize to the customers. It doesnt matter if your volunteer. There are countless high end jobs that are volunteering jobs it doesnt give anyone the right to be unprofessional. Let me finish by giving you the definition of Volunteer.

Volunteering is generally considered an altruistic activity, intended to promote good or improve human quality of life. It is considered as serving the society through own interest, personal skills or learning, which in return produces a feeling of self-worth and respect, instead of money. Volunteering is also famous for skill development, to socialize and to have fun. It is also intended to make contacts for possible employment or for a variety of other reasons.

@HighPiez Just because ur volunteering does not mean you get to do w.e the fuck you want. If you dont know that then your not educated enough to be responding to me. As for the Negativity, Being positive about dayz got me nowhere so negativity will have to do. Im getting more heard by the admins by being negative so thats what i will do. Until you can fix the problems that you created it will continue to go on and on. Dont give me crap about free, you made it open alpha to hear peoples opinions and your getting exactly that.

Edited by siam331

Let me educate you with an analogy. If i join the Microsoft forums as a volunteer and act like a dick to the customers, Microsoft would high roll my ass outa the forums and apologize to the customers. It doesnt matter if your volunteer. There are countless high end jobs that are volunteering jobs it doesnt give anyone the right to be unprofessional. Let me finish by giving you the definition of Volunteer.

Volunteering is generally considered an altruistic activity, intended to promote good or improve human quality of life. It is considered as serving the society through own interest, personal skills or learning, which in return produces a feeling of self-worth and respect, instead of money. Volunteering is also famous for skill development, to socialize and to have fun. It is also intended to make contacts for possible employment or for a variety of other reasons.

Customer? Customer to arma 2 / BI perhaps, but Dayz / rocket? not yet and I think you barking up the wrong tree m8. You all seem to forgot this is a privilege.

Watching this forum over the last month has been a real eye-opener for me as to why I've never seen an open alpha before.

As much as people like to argue (ad nauseum) to the contrary, in an alpha test, they do not owe us a thing as far as updates to playability.

Edited by HighPiez
  • Like 2

And there is your misunderstanding. This is not the BI forum. This is the rocket forum. Once the standalone is out and the official site is running and a mod being an official representative of BI seemingly "misbehaves" you are justified to complain.

PS: This doesn't mean that I think the mods here are misbehaving. Actually I can totally see why they are fed up with people assuming this is something which it is not.

Microsoft sure would punt your ass out. Because they're a company making money. Bohemia Interactive is making money off this mod indirectly so they do get some benefits but you do not see their logos anywhere on any page. There is an ARMA 2 logo because that's what the mod is for, and there's a logo for DayZ. Finally, it's all tied together with "© DayZ 2012-2013 Created by Dean "Rocket" Hall". Rocket, nobody else. You need to understand the idea of a business and a hobby. Right now, this mod is a hobby. It will always be a hobby, worked on by Rocket and Friends until he releases it out to the community to fuck with when he moves most of his attention to the standalone.
  • Like 2

Wow. The attitude I was talking about summed up in one paragraph. I think I'll share this response on my Youtube channel along with all the good things Ive said about the game. As well as share it with the hundreds of people that have bought the game due to my recommendations and videos raving about the game that you just described as crap. The point of this post was the attitudes of guys like you. Someone said that you guys are volunteers. Perhaps they should get some paid people in there with half of a mind about how to promote a game and take care of public relations. You really don't think that your attitudes and lack of communication with the community will have anything to do with your sales. Please, Please go get an education about some simple business principals. And before you spout off about my education. I have a BA in Economics & Business. So I know a little something about how the cookie crumbles.

Not one person has purchased DayZ because of your crappy YouTube channel. In fact, not one person has purchased DayZ. You/we are owed absolutely nothing from the developers of DayZ. This is a FREE mod.

Quit being an entitlement whore.

• Like 3

Microsoft sure would punt your ass out. Because they're a company making money. Bohemia Interactive is making money off this mod indirectly so they do get some benefits but you do not see their logos anywhere on any page. There is an ARMA 2 logo because that's what the mod is for, and there's a logo for DayZ. Finally, it's all tied together with "© DayZ 2012-2013 Created by Dean "Rocket" Hall". Rocket, nobody else. You need to understand the idea of a business and a hobby. Right now, this mod is a hobby. It will always be a hobby, worked on by Rocket and Friends until he releases it out to the community to fuck with when he moves most of his attention to the standalone.

You dont release your hobby to the rest of the world. You do it to get their opinions and your getting it. Its a hobby that generated a shitload of money for Bohemia, and rocket works for Bohemia. Again if you really think rocket didnt make a penny from this game from Bohemia then your an absolute idiot.

Not one person has purchased DayZ because of your crappy YouTube channel.

Well, if we're going to delve into semantics... I went and got Arma 2 (and subsequently DayZ) because of DevilDogGamer's Youtube channel, of which Gump is a major part of.