RECphantom

Alpha testing is over for mod

There seems to be nothing left to test in the mod. No new content, no real bug fixes, we don't even see Rocket or the Devs in the forums anymore. So what do we do now until the stand alone is released? Run around with Lee Enfield's until a scripter kills us again? Only play on private hive servers? What do you guys to do pass the time on DayZ now?

• Like 2

want to start my own CSAR team that go on recue missions and help others..build our own society and elite team that do what we actully would do if a zombie apocalyps did occur

Edited by Sontana
  • Like 1

Actually I am playing on a Side channel enabled server.

There are just so more to do once you have social interaction with players made easy.

I seriously wonder why side-channel feature has been generally removed from the game. It helped keep the incentive, the role-play, the fun along with better surveillance of what's happening on the server.

Removing tools so players can interact better is one of the worst decision ever made for this game. Hopefully some servers still have side channel enabled.

• Like 19

There are just so more to do once you have social interaction with players made easy.

I seriously wonder why side-channel feature has been generally removed from the game. It helped keep the incentive, the role-play, the fun along with better surveillance of what's happening on the server.

Removing tools so players can interact better is one of the worst decision ever made for this game. Hopefully some servers still have side channel enabled.

I enjoy playing on a server with side chat on too, if anything other than be crowded, it gives a few good laughs.

Not sure if i could hunt cows lol.

And i don't like helping other survivors, no one has once helped me- and i don't believe in karma!

agree..felt like you actully did connect with ppl that way

I agree with the OP. Updates used to roll out weekly and hotfixes used to come soon. Now we are left in the dust while Rocket developes his newest money magnet. Eh, it happens to the best, once they have potential to make big money.

Edited by TheDesigner

As long as they fix the blatant hacking issues in the standalone version, who here won't be happy?!

that's really all i care about.

One of the main reasons (from what I hear) why side channel was removed, was because of "Who's shooting in Cherno?" spam.

Or other immature nonsense, but mainly that.

What do you guys to do pass the time on DayZ now?

I do the same as I have done all along: Run around, die, run around, die, run around, die.

But mostly I spend my time not complaining about how the mod developers manage theirs.

• Like 11

One of the main reasons (from what I hear) why side channel was removed, was because of "Who's shooting in Cherno?" spam.

Or other immature nonsense, but mainly that.

Considering pros and cons, and the fact you can mute players, this was a terrible decision.

I agree with the OP. Updates used to roll out weekly and hotfixes used to come soon. Now we are left in the dust while Rocket developes his newest money magnet. Eh, it happens to the best, once they have potential to make big money.

... Making money might be a factor. But I think, especially Rocket just wants to develop the standalone to get rid of engine restrictions he had to tend to in this mod. With such a large community and responsibility, there is little time to develop two things at once. So he's just focusing on the standalone. It's always best to assume the best in people, but of course he might just be a money hungry corporate cunt. I doubt it, though.

Edited by Shminx

Considering pros and cons, and the fact you can mute players, this was a terrible decision.

I really enjoyed having side channel, and muting is exactly what I did with annoying people.

But again, this is what I heard.

I do the same as I have done all along: Run around, die, run around, die, run around, die.

But mostly I spend my time not complaining about how the mod developers manage theirs.

there is no need to be upset

• Like 1

Run around with Lee Enfield's

I think this is actually a fantastic idea. Have Rocket create a "Themed Day". Turn off the hive for a day to save everyone's characters for later, make everyone spawn fresh with no hive saves, and make all gun spawns in game be lee enfields. Holy christ that would be a hilarious day. Then back to business as usual the next day.

Anyone else for "Lee Enfield Day"?

• Like 3

He doesn't sound very upset to me. He's just airing his views.

Play Guild Wars 2.

Just finished installing!

I agree with side chat being an element of the game. It's fun and creates an opportunity for people in game to communicate before they're in each other's iron sights.

I don't find that very fun, and seeing as i play games to enjoy progression, i just can't get on your playing field. Cheers for finding positives in it though. Not sure what you're getting at with the last part though.

Though I do love a lee enfield, one shot knock out ftw

I am not upset, that is why I am still playing...

I agree that there is a lot of room for improvement, but I don't understand the need for all the new 'the-mod-is-dead-because-I-am-getting-bored-with-it' threads that are generated daily.

If you are getting bored/fed up with the mod, take a break. I just had a long break from DayZ myself, now it feels a bit fresh again.

Complaining that Rocket is not working as fast as you would like him to seems a little bit self-obsessed in my opinion.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

He doesn't sound very upset to me. He's just airing his views.

ha yeah you're right. there was no trace of passive aggression in his post.
  • Like 3

Why do people talk about making money like it's a bad thing? What's more likely to get updates and new content the free mod? or the paid game that puts food on rockets table?

• Like 3

ha yeah you're right. there was no trace of passive aggression in his post.

Have you got any intention of actually contributing to the thread or are you just up for a bit of moderator taunting?